First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Smogging? Is this an inspection thing? I don't have those where I live.
Correct, inspection. Wondering if removing the mufflers will have any negative effects on the cars performance, anyone have the answer?
Sponsored

cwcaesar

First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I have not noticed any difference in performance using my 'butt dyno'. Highly technical, I know. I do know that I am enjoying the driving experience more, so it has helped the fun factor. But as to actual performance differences, there is nothing I can feel.

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
Correct, inspection. Wondering if removing the mufflers will have any negative effects on the cars performance, anyone have the answer?
No. They're simply there to quiet the car down.

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
If anything, it's a positive although the benefits may be negligible. There are weight loss and possibly exhaust flow benefits although like I said, these are probably negligible.

123towers

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If anything, it's a positive although the benefits may be negligible. There are weight loss and possibly exhaust flow benefits although like I said, these are probably negligible.
Only thing I’m a little concerned about is smog in the future. (California)

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Only thing I’m a little concerned about is smog in the future. (California)
Yeah, that might be a reason not to do it. Might want to ask around. Mufflers aren't emission control devices so who knows.

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
@REBELXSi go see my buddy Joel @ Joel Muffler Zone! Hes between the Logan and Hunting Park neighborhoods in North philly. Joel is literally the only guy in Philly that uses a surge protector when welding on your car, which I always thought was pretty important. The thought of having all of your cars electronics, and possibly your ecu fried makes my skin crawl. You can’t beat his prices, hahaa trust me I’ve tried! He can fabricate piping on the spot, and he’s got a pretty solid selection of mufflers and tips in-shop. Plus there’s usually at least a couple Honda’s/Acura’s parked out front too!
You have any pictures of what it looks like under the car from where they cut the OEM mufflers off?

RobHamSI

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Black Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You have any pictures of what it looks like under the car from where they cut the OEM mufflers off?
I don’t at the moment. But I want to re-do the mounts, so I can snap you one when I get it up on a lift. Give me a day or two. It’s just straight piped to the tip though, all I changed was the pipe diameter and the resonator

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I don’t at the moment. But I want to re-do the mounts, so I can snap you one when I get it up on a lift. Give me a day or two. It’s just straight piped to the tip though, all I changed was the pipe diameter and the resonator
Oh ok.. I've seen some people make it all complicated by doing two pipes coming off the main pipe right before the ovaling. I've also seen people try to mate a round pipe to the oval shaped pipe lol. I still haven't gotten it done because I can't decide on what tip(s) I want to use. I plan on leaving the resonator alone and just getting rid of the mufflers and replacing the tip.

It's a 2.5" pipe before it hits the mufflers, right? Did you get stainless or not?

RobHamSI

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Black Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Oh ok.. I've seen some people make it all complicated by doing two pipes coming off the main pipe right before the ovaling. I've also seen people try to mate a round pipe to the oval shaped pipe lol. I still haven't gotten it done because I can't decide on what tip(s) I want to use. I plan on leaving the resonator alone and just getting rid of the mufflers and replacing the tip.

It's a 2.5" pipe before it hits the mufflers, right? Did you get stainless or not?
Hahaaa ooooohhh yeah I’ve seen that nonsense before too man! But no, I have the P2R fk8 tip which I friggen love so much. Kinda pricey just for a tip, I know. The only crap part about my setup is, when I initially changed the piping I still had the hdmi tip on there. Long story short, I screwed the pipe up just behind the hdmi tip when I was cutting it off. So I just cut it at the rear axle and put in a tiny section of new pipe that is unfortunately crush bent. But I’m impatient and couldn’t wait to get to a mandrel and get the fk8 tip on. I’m gonna get her on a lift in a few hours, I’ll post it.

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

Djcnote

First Name
Carson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Hatch
Country flag
I ended up doing the muffler delete. It cost me $80. and I took the stock mufflers home. Overall I'm very happy with the sound. Lots of little pops and crackles. There's a slight drone at about 3500 rpm but not bad at all.
I ended up doing the muffler delete. It cost me $80. and I took the stock mufflers home. Overall I'm very happy with the sound. Lots of little pops and crackles. There's a slight drone at about 3500 rpm but not bad at all.
Do you have the cvt or manual?
Sponsored