cwcaesar

First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Overall it’s not that much louder then stock when just cruising. It’s mainly louder when accelerating then when shifting you get some pops and crackles
This is exactly what I was hoping to hear. I'm gonna start calling muffler shops near me.
Sponsored

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
don't do it get a new catback
Why not do it until he feels like getting another exhaust? Seems cheap enough to hold someone over. Definitely thinking about it myself. Just not sure if it's too much for my neighbors during cold starts as I keep odd hours.

SiGeddy

First Name
Geddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
Oof lol

I just spoke with a an exhaust shop, I'm getting the delete either tomorrow or Monday. Looking forward to actually hearing my exhaust while music is playing in the cabin.
Let me know what u think

MuffinMcFluffin

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Honda Civic EX, 2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Now that I have this car and hear the road noise, suddenly being afraid of hearing the car's exhaust isn't a big deal/concern for me. Maybe a muffler delete is exactly what I want now lol.

VooDuuChild

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si, Boosted Street and Track Monster 91 CRX Si.
Country flag
Now that I have this car and hear the road noise, suddenly being afraid of hearing the car's exhaust isn't a big deal/concern for me. Maybe a muffler delete is exactly what I want now lol.
My two cents. Good sounding exhaust and loud aren't the same thing. I personally would invest in a proper cat back (and did, bought Invidia R400). I have a mild built hemi in my Jeep Commander and that exhaust is ridiculously loud when I get on it....but also has a drone at 70 to 78. I am adding a resonator to get it. If you like loud and don't mind drone, delete away, but beware, the rice is strong with straight piped four bangers ;-)
But seriously, keep us posted and post up some sound clips.

MuffinMcFluffin

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Honda Civic EX, 2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
My two cents. Good sounding exhaust and loud aren't the same thing. I personally would invest in a proper cat back (and did, bought Invidia R400). I have a mild built hemi in my Jeep Commander and that exhaust is ridiculously loud when I get on it....but also has a drone at 70 to 78. I am adding a resonator to get it. If you like loud and don't mind drone, delete away, but beware, the rice is strong with straight piped four bangers ;-)
But seriously, keep us posted and post up some sound clips.
Yeah, I'm just looking for good sound and not loud for sure.

Only 50 miles into my car, anyway. I am not doing really any imminent changes except for cosmetic at this point.

y2kprofesor

First Name
marius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic si
Country flag
Why not do it until he feels like getting another exhaust? Seems cheap enough to hold someone over. Definitely thinking about it myself. Just not sure if it's too much for my neighbors during cold starts as I keep odd hours.
neighbors will hate you like they hate me at 5am that's why I invested $720 on a MAP cat back system.

cwcaesar

First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I live out in the country, neighbors aren't a real concern for me. This car has absolutely NO noise, and I want to have a little bit. Also some crackle and pop would be welcome!. I'm leaving the resonator on. This for less than $100 seems a better solution than dropping $800.00 + for a full exhaust. when I'm ready to drop that kind of money into this car, I will get a K-Tuner. I just want to be able to hear my car.

DrToothache

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I live out in the country, neighbors aren't a real concern for me. This car has absolutely NO noise, and I want to have a little bit. Also some crackle and pop would be welcome!. I'm leaving the resonator on. This for less than $100 seems a better solution than dropping $800.00 + for a full exhaust. when I'm ready to drop that kind of money into this car, I will get a K-Tuner. I just want to be able to hear my car.
Just came back from the exhaust shop, had the muffler delete done today. It sounds so much better! The sound is not crazy loud but is much deeper and you can actually here what the engine is doing without having to look at the tachometer. My favorite part is the crackles and pops that you can hear in the cabin when letting off the throttle. For <$200 it is not a bad deal. There was some drone when getting up to highway speed, but not too bad. It is also not going to annoy your neighbors most likely (Most of my neighbors have loud straight-piped 4-bangers so maybe I am biased lol).

I also plan on getting a whole new exhaust system at some point, but wanted a cheap mod to hold me over until then. I think that you should go for it, just ask for the mufflers back when they do the delete in case you want to put them back on at some point.

cwcaesar

First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Just came back from the exhaust shop, had the muffler delete done today. It sounds so much better! The sound is not crazy loud but is much deeper and you can actually here what the engine is doing without having to look at the tachometer. My favorite part is the crackles and pops that you can hear in the cabin when letting off the throttle. For <$200 it is not a bad deal. There was some drone when getting up to highway speed, but not too bad. It is also not going to annoy your neighbors most likely (Most of my neighbors have loud straight-piped 4-bangers so maybe I am biased lol).

I also plan on getting a whole new exhaust system at some point, but wanted a cheap mod to hold me over until then. I think that you should go for it, just ask for the mufflers back when they do the delete in case you want to put them back on at some point.
Wow, it cost you near $200 for a muffler delete?
Sponsored