Muffler delete or resonator delete?

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
Trust me. You’ll love the sound of it. I drove by in a parking garage last night. Sounds like an aftermarket catback. Deep tone compared to the loud ass muffler delete. Lol. Oh yes don’t forget to put it on sport mode.
I did a muffler "delete" and its not much much louder than I'd expect from an aftermarket exhaust. Sounds nice and low/deep to me. No rasp as I've heard with resonator deletes.
Sponsored

Reactions: JMM

BobsterSI

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI sedan, 2009 Civic EX sedan
Country flag
Guys - how do I upload a video clip?? it says it's too large to upload. I altered the length of the video, and saved it at a lower resolution to try and make it small enough but no dice..
Do I have to send it as a link?
I tried to that here. It doesn’t work. The only way is upload it to photobucket or something like YouTube.

BobsterSI

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I did a muffler "delete" and its not much much louder than I'd expect from an aftermarket exhaust. Sounds nice and low/deep to me. No rasp as I've heard with resonator deletes.
I did that also but I measured the dB and it’s over 95 at 3k rpms. Here in stupid California it’s comes up to $1000 if you get pulled over by cop who’s a dick. Not all of them are like that but some are asswipes. So I put back the mufflers and went for a resonator delete.

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I did that also but I measured the dB and it’s over 95 at 3k rpms. Here in stupid California it’s comes up to $1000 if you get pulled over by cop who’s a dick. Not all of them are like that but some are asswipes. So I put back the mufflers and went for a resonator delete.
What happens if you get a ticket and have to go get your exhaust tested for sound levels and you "pass"? What's to stop you from getting pulled over, over and over and over? Sounds fun

OP
OP
ariell

ariell

First Name
Ariel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
I tried to that here. It doesn’t work. The only way is upload it to photobucket or something like YouTube.
where's the clip? what part of ontario are you? would love to hear it in person.
Wow uploading a video on photobucket didnt work at all. YouTube wouldnt work at all. I used Google docs- this better work.. what a fuckin headache (but I have it figured out now lol)

I drove the car for 45 min, turned it off, then this video is me starting it about 20 mins later. That being said, it's like minus 25 degrees celcius lol

delsorbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic si sedan '18
Country flag
Wow uploading a video on photobucket didnt work at all. YouTube wouldnt work at all. I used Google docs- this better work.. what a fuckin headache (but I have it figured out now lol)

I drove the car for 45 min, turned it off, then this video is me starting it about 20 mins later. That being said, it's like minus 25 degrees celcius lol

good stuff.. any droning on the highway? took me 3 hours to get home though this weather today ugh.

OP
OP
ariell

ariell

First Name
Ariel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
good stuff.. any droning on the highway? took me 3 hours to get home though this weather today ugh.
No drone yet. The roads are nasty out there- 20 min drive took 1.5 hrs. You win lol 3 hrs

BobsterSI

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
What happens if you get a ticket and have to go get your exhaust tested for sound levels and you "pass"? What's to stop you from getting pulled over, over and over and over? Sounds fun
Sometimes when your unlucky, $1000 automatic.. but usually steps are you get a ticket and then the state ref has to check the db sound of your exhaust.. When you pass, you get a certificate paper to prove whenever you get pulled over from another cop, you can show it and then they let you go.. The cop can usually random check what's under the hood and get other fix up tickets.. LOL..

BobsterSI

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

Sounds good man.. Nice tone to it..

HotPaperPlate

First Name
TK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
No drone yet. The roads are nasty out there- 20 min drive took 1.5 hrs. You win lol 3 hrs
You will hear road noise before the drone in this car lol. I've put about 7k on the resonator delete and its the same as day one. Make sure to spray some high temp. paint on the welds to prevent from rusting. Home Depot/Lowes/Walmart has the silver high temp. bbq grill spray paint.

OP
OP
ariell

ariell

First Name
Ariel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You will hear road noise before the drone in this car lol. I've put about 7k on the resonator delete and its the same as day one. Make sure to spray some high temp. paint on the welds to prevent from rusting. Home Depot/Lowes/Walmart has the silver high temp. bbq grill spray paint.
Yeah, all I hear is road noise - salt and snow. Oh yeah? Okay - thanks for the tip on high temp spray! I will grab some.

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Finally got a audio clip of my muffler delete. Yes, I know the car is filthy lol

Wanted to get clips of me accelerating but the whole area was covered in snow.

amxandy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
I did a resonator delete on Friday to compliment my Vibrant muffler. There is no drone under normal driving and it does have a bit of a deeper sound to it. If anyone is in the Houston area, S n S muffler in Kemah did excellent work at a very fair price. I am super pleased with the sound, and as a 50+ year old man, I wouldn't accept it if it was annoying. I feel like I am reliving my youth with this car. It is such a joy to mod and customize.
Sponsored