2. Ducky

Ducky juiceboxes

software goon
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Car(s):
    '07 LBP S2000, '19 CW CTR
    7:15 for the part you're here for.

Congrats on the car, hope to see you at a Spokes or SASCA meet!

Speed9117 thanked this.
  3. C-CAT

C-CAT Member

First Name:
    Chris
    Car(s):
    2019 Civic Type-R
    I had my local custom shop do a muffler delete on mine a couple weeks ago. I kept the rear, center res and had them use 2 1/4” SS pipes in place of the mufflers. While I was initially disappointed after hearing the underwhelming first start up, I was extremely happy with how the exhaust note came out under load! The car sounds perfect now and really how it should have from factory IMO.

I have a toddler and was hoping it wouldn’t be too loud for him and while it’s Much louder than stock, it’s just right and not too much for him or my Wife, haha. It’s got a beautiful, deep tone now and can be made louder and quieter just by fluctuating the throttle. The only drone I get is on deceleration when going down hills and when the RPM’s are hovering between 3400 and 4300 RPM, but otherwise...it’s the best $200 I’ve ever spend on modifying a car. Highly recommend! :headbang:

4. DeVo

DeVo Senior Member

Car(s):
    2019 Civic Type R #21399
    I'm actually planning on doing this. Enough to give the car some personality in the sound department without crazy drone

5. C-CAT

C-CAT Member

First Name:
    Chris
    Car(s):
    2019 Civic Type-R
    Yeah, the drone is almost non-existent on mine and Never under load and while accelerating. In fact, cruising in 4th and 6th gears sounds almost totally stock which is really nice for longer highway drives...but around town, ripping through the gears has a very nice & deep tone that sounds like a quality aftermarket exhaust...so much so that a couple people have already asked which system I’m running, haha.

The ONly downside I’d say is that while under heavy to WOT, the whole Vacuum cleaner/suction sound that comes with many turbo 4 Cylinder cars is a bit more magnified than I’d like and can sound silly but the pros far outweigh the cons in doing just the delete of the 2 mufflers. As soon as you start deleting resonators too, it just gets to be Too loud and raspy/cheap sounding IMO.

6. jinderC

jinderC Senior Member

Car(s):
    2019 Type R 2001 S2000 2017 Si Coupe
    I was going to do the muffler delete but then decided to just do things properly and get an thermal cat back

glad I did