MST performance air intake for 1.5 sport

CIVICUK

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic sport hatch 1.5 turbo manual.
Country flag
Hi guys,

Looking to upgrade my air intake for my 1.5 sport hatch but i cant afford to have US brand such as PRL as shipping is a killer!. So i have recently came across a company called MST that seem to be european based and my local tuner can have it to me shipped at £190 which is great!. The design is very simular to mishimoto and i personally think it looks awesome

Has anyone in uk or europe come across this brand and used it on thier previous/ current honda's before?
Any opinions would be great

Cheers!
Sponsored

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Looks very similar to the mishi, which I have and quite like. Only thing is the induction tubing seems to be aluminium rather than silicone. Probably more susceptible to heat soak.

Doesn't Mishimoto have distribution in europe? If you could get that, I'd way rather take the mishi. But that one will probably do, never heard of them however.

Anger

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7,RW2,RD1,RD5,RE5,RU1,FK1,FN2,EP3
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Mishimoto do have a branch in the UK. That 'll save you on shipping costs. Plus you 'll get the proper MAF housing for sure. You can also ask tdi-north for PRL stuff plus they surely have Ktuner v1.2. I got a PRL Short Ram intake for my CR-V directly from PRL on ebay, it was 230GBP plus another 33GBP for shipping. Also had to pay for customs clearance for importing to Greece, don't know if you have to pay for customs taxes when you import from the USA. Check if you can source the stuff that are known to work with this engine within the UK. If everything is way too expensive for you, then proceed with experimenting.

OP
OP
CIVICUK

CIVICUK

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Looks very similar to the mishi, which I have and quite like. Only thing is the induction tubing seems to be aluminium rather than silicone. Probably more susceptible to heat soak.

Doesn't Mishimoto have distribution in europe? If you could get that, I'd way rather take the mishi. But that one will probably do, never heard of them however.
Yes i thought the exact same about it looking like the mishimoto intake minus the silicone which i was abit skeptical about too with regards to heat soak and maf housing. The reason it got my attention was because its cheapest one i could find and being in the uk, no companies seem to be bothered about the 1.5 engine ( yet ) so i was going to take my chances on it. I see on the mishi uk site that no intakes are available, maybe i best email them just to rule this out as i do love the mishi sound and the fact that tuner flatforms include the mod as a basemap :)

OP
OP
CIVICUK

CIVICUK

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Mishimoto do have a branch in the UK. That 'll save you on shipping costs. Plus you 'll get the proper MAF housing for sure. You can also ask tdi-north for PRL stuff plus they surely have Ktuner v1.2. I got a PRL Short Ram intake for my CR-V directly from PRL on ebay, it was 230GBP plus another 33GBP for shipping. Also had to pay for customs clearance for importing to Greece, don't know if you have to pay for customs taxes when you import from the USA. Check if you can source the stuff that are known to work with this engine within the UK. If everything is way too expensive for you, then proceed with experimenting.
The PRL is definatly my top choice. I was considering the short ram as i dont like the cobra because sits to low and in uk we get alot of rain :( altho it sounds incredible! I think £230 is what mine is for on ebay too plus shipp charges and import charges so would be same situation as yours :( isit any good? I will be considering the ktuner eventually so prl would work great with this :) how did you find the install of the short ram? Do you have to remove the lower part of the oem airbox?

Asimabbas

First Name
Asim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic 1.5 turbo
Country flag
Anyone knows mishimoto intake filter for honda civic 1.5 turbo is 2757 or 4007?
Mine is broken in just 8 months so wanna buy new but not sure which one is correct

Honda Civic 10th gen MST performance air intake for 1.5 sport C46D61A7-C3A0-4316-B03F-4CD89CF13069

Anger

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7,RW2,RD1,RD5,RE5,RU1,FK1,FN2,EP3
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The PRL is definatly my top choice. I was considering the short ram as i dont like the cobra because sits to low and in uk we get alot of rain :( altho it sounds incredible! I think £230 is what mine is for on ebay too plus shipp charges and import charges so would be same situation as yours :( isit any good? I will be considering the ktuner eventually so prl would work great with this :) how did you find the install of the short ram? Do you have to remove the lower part of the oem airbox?
Havent installed it yet, its on the way :). I have done a lot of reading here and seen pretty much all youtube PRL intake related videos and I think this is the best way to go when it comes to sound, ease of installation and MAF operation. If I owned a civic, I 'd go 27WON, for avoiding the CAI and still have a proper intake.

I will be removing the lower part/resonator even if the SRI fits. Plus it is not a straightforward install on my car cause I need to fabricate a custom bracket. If the resonator stays in place, the filter will be protected from water/stains, plus some air will reach it through the resonator. On the other hand, if it has more free space underneath, more air will circulate thus reducing somewhat the IAT since the short ram already suffers enough from heatsoak. Plus in another post in this forum, PRL said to remove the resonator if you want even more sound. I really don't understand how the stock resonator affects the intake sound of the SRI since its not connected to it or anything, but they know what they are talking about so I 'll follow the "complete removal" way.

I've had CAIs in my Type-Rs in the past (EP3 and FN2) and I am well aware of the hydrolocking risks. Tbh it is really difficult to hydrolock the car and rain doesn't cause damage unless you drive really close to someones bumper and there is a lot of water spray coming your way. The biggest problem with CAIs is that you need to take the wheel off and open the arch to have the filter cleaned. I did all that back in my youth but now I am too bored to go through this again, so I went simply for the sound!

Ktuner is a must-have but bear in mind that if your ECU isn't on their list, it takes quite some time to have it added. I was told to "retrieve my ECUs data" and send it to them so they can unlock it. I have no idea how to do this, I 'll send them an email and hopefully they will send me a "how-to" reply. I have been talking to them and they are friendly and reply to all questions. Plus I may run a commonly tuned L15B engine (L15BY) but my platform altogether isn't quite common in the tuning business so I appreciate their help! I wouldn't consider anyone else for the ECU! I'll source the v1.2 from TDi-North probably.
Sponsored

Last edited: