think3mm

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 SGP Civic Type-R
Country flag
Just closed the deal on a '19 SGP FK8...for under MSRP. And this being a dealer <10 miles from home. Found out about it from an adjacent state dealer I've worked with before on parts. Was speaking with the sales rep. and she said 'Do you know where X dealer is? They have a SGP Type-R on the lot.' When I was there waiting to sign paperwork spoke w/another sales rep. who was amazed I got any discount. He said recent buyers happily paid $2k over there. Makes me wonder: should I be concerned I'm getting a great deal? It's got 18 miles on the clock--actually 19 (they let me drive it around the lot 1 mile total).

WindJunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE USA-367, 2011 Civic Si (FA5)
Country flag
Just closed the deal on a '19 SGP FK8...for under MSRP. And this being a dealer <10 miles from home. Found out about it from an adjacent state dealer I've worked with before on parts. Was speaking with the sales rep. and she said 'Do you know where X dealer is? They have a SGP Type-R on the lot.' When I was there waiting to sign paperwork spoke w/another sales rep. who was amazed I got any discount. He said recent buyers happily paid $2k over there. Makes me wonder: should I be concerned I'm getting a great deal? It's got 18 miles on the clock--actually 19 (they let me drive it around the lot 1 mile total).
As long as it wasn't previously titled, you should be okay. Where did the 18 miles come from? Mine had 6 when I drove it off the showroom. My brother's had 8 miles on his. Sounds like they drove it for a cruise, a short one albeit

Topsportsman916

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rallye Red Sport Touring & 2019 Rallye Red CTR
Country flag
I just put a deposit down on a 2019 Rallye Red CTR for under MSRP. Sucks that the MSRP just went up. Oh well. It should be at the dealership at the end of the month. I made it clear that I didn't want any dealer add ons ( pin stripe, nitrogen, etc).
Sponsored

Last edited: