MSM Sedan inbound - test drive tonight

splat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Si
Country flag
A week or two ago I put a deposit on an in-transit Modern Steel Metallic sedan. The car arrived over the weekend, and I was able to take it on a test drive tonight. It's going to be a fun commuter. The super-light clutch and rev hang will take a bit of getting used to, but I think it will be fine overall. It had three miles on the odometer when I took it out with the salesman.

Coming from a GK Fit, there's a lot more content in interior and features. I loved my Fit, but wanted something with more power. The Si has that for sure.

While the salesman was gassing it up, I popped the hood - and noticed this. What seems like overspray, but not really, all over the engine bay. Worse on the front-most components, but also present on the coil packs and even the battery. Any ideas?

Honda Civic 10th gen MSM Sedan inbound - test drive tonight 36438091181_a2e36489d9_z

(patience - new to Flickr)
Sponsored

DrwMDvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 WOP Civic Si Sedan, 2000 Honda Civic
Country flag
Is the substance hard and takes some work for it to come off? If it is easy to remove and isn't hard, I would suspect it's more of a detailing prep spray that a damp cloth could take care of. If it is actually overspray, walk away. At that point, I would highly suspect it's been repaired.

Last edited:
OP
OP

splat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Si
Country flag
Is the substance hard and takes some work for it to come off? If it is easy to remove and isn't hard, I would suspect it's more of a detailing prep spray that a damp cloth could take care of. If it is actually overspray, walk away. At that point, I would highly suspect it's been repaired.
It doesn't catch your fingernail like overspray does. Seems like it is indeed residue from an overzealous detail. I'll check again before I hand over money, but I think it will clean up.
Sponsored