Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
Just wanted to share my initial impressions when swapping over to Motul Gear 300 and modified CMC. So far I've driven 50-60 miles highway and city streets. The first thing I noticed is that shifting from 1st to 2nd is much easier now. Changing gears for the most part is much smoother but still inconsistent. There have been a few times where it still feels quite notchy. This may change as I get more miles on the fluid. I don't think my CMC is properly adjusted yet either and will report back once I get more miles on the car. No gear grinds to report after doing a few hard pulls.

Please share your feedback if you're also using the same fluid / CMC!
Sponsored

Hayabusa160

The Master
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic type r
Country flag
im going to delete the clutch delay valve first before looking into the cmc

who mods the cmc?

Last edited:

shihabp79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #2740
Country flag
What does CMC stand for? You kids and your new-fangled acronyms.

jonnys_honda

First Name
Jonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R #1288
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just wanted to share my initial impressions when swapping over to Motul Gear 300 and modified CMC..
Would you share what was the modification done to the CMC?
im going to delete the clutch delay valve first before looking into the cmc...
A member in the CTRNA Facebook group did the CDV delete mod and has been happy with it. (procedure here: https://bit.ly/2I6rI9J)

OP
OP
Lust

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
im going to delete the clutch delay valve first before looking into the cmc

who mods the cmc?
I would recommend keeping the CDV. What we want to accomplish is the clutch disengaging quickly. Not the other way around.

The boys at Acuity came up with this new Rocker recently. I'm giving it a shot. To me, the notchy shifting feels like it's originating right under the boot.

https://acuityinstruments.com/products/acuity-shifter-rocker-upgrade-for-the-10th-gen-civic
I might have to try this. Sometimes I get this weird loud click coming from the shifter assembly in the even gears, primarily 4th.

A member in the CTRNA Facebook group did the CDV delete mod and has been happy with it. (procedure here: https://bit.ly/2I6rI9J)
E-man / k20z3allmotorftw modded the CMC. Feed hole has an increased bore size and the dampener was deleted. This helps the clutch disengage faster which in theory will help with gear grinding issues. There is noticeable NVH in the clutch pedal in high RPMs, but it's worth the trade off IMO.

Last edited:

Hayabusa160

The Master
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic type r
Country flag
yea i ordered a new one from honda and pulled the valve out already. hate how the clutch petal feels with the cdv in.

Tim818

King Of The ‘Ring
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic EX, 2018 CTR
Country flag
I might have to try this. Sometimes I get this weird loud click coming from the shifter assembly in the even gears, primarily 4th.
Thats not going to help with the notchy shifts, what you need is that shifter cable lockdown. I have all the shifter parts installed and the ACUITY rocker upgrade just shortens neutral and makes it feel firmer.

MYTYPE

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
Thats not going to help with the notchy shifts, what you need is that shifter cable lockdown. I have all the shifter parts installed and the ACUITY rocker upgrade just shortens neutral and makes it feel firmer.
For the cable lockdown, do you mean the shifter cable bushing upgrade?

.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda CTR, 2022 Range Rover , 1990 CRX SI
Country flag
Their official install used hair ties/ rubber bands? Can call them o-rings all you want I just can't get behind that lol

OP
OP
Lust

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag

There's a mod that was posted by acuity that just requires zipties. Appears to be the same concept. This job doesn't look fun

Acurately

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3G Acura TL, 1G Acura MDX
Country flag
I did the CDV delete in my slave cylinder, best mod I ever did. I'm a lot smoother when going from 1st to 2nd gear and rest of the gears are butter when releasing the clutch. It's like it engages at exactly the same spot all the time and I feel like I have a better control. Shifter still feels the same, maybe better but I can't really tell.

When driving with my wife I can be as smooth as an automatic transmission and it seems like it lets me let out the clutch pedal faster while still being smooth.

Seems like the CMC dampener is there to prevent engine vibration from traveling to the clutch pedal or for a smoother clutch disengagement.
Sponsored