(Motor blew)PRL turbo kit with meth injection

Hollywoo0220

Customer Service oriented (most of the time) :-)
First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dihatsu Charade, BMW, Various Hondas, Focus ST, and VW GTI
Country flag
@kshawn ...just stick with the Pump + E35. Adding that methanol is the “higher risk”. I totally get that it is your car, but you will be far better off for it. Then you can wait for a PI system. At that point you will definitely sing and dance.
Sponsored

OP
OP
kshawn

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
@kshawn ...just stick with the Pump + E35. Adding that methanol is the “higher risk”. I totally get that it is your car, but you will be far better off for it. Then you can wait for a PI system. At that point you will definitely sing and dance.
The current idea I have. Is to go down to a size 3 nozzle, or 4, and run 50/50 again. Then get PRLs intake manifold PI system for all the needed fuel.

Probably going up to the gtx2867r. If I go full send on the block. But then there's the boost lag.

Hollywoo0220

Customer Service oriented (most of the time) :-)
First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dihatsu Charade, BMW, Various Hondas, Focus ST, and VW GTI
Country flag
The current idea I have. Is to go down to a size 3 nozzle, or 4, and run 50/50 again. Then get PRLs intake manifold PI system for all the needed fuel.

Probably going up to the gtx2867r. If I go full send on the block. But then there's the boost lag.
I have a GTX2867r full kit (used w/500mi on it). It is a T25 connection but I’ll sell it to you cheap and all you need is to get the T3 from ATP.
You may only lose 300rpm with a 67 vs a 60 for spool.

OP
OP
kshawn

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
I have a GTX2867r full kit (used w/500mi on it). It is a T25 connection but I’ll sell it to you cheap and all you need is to get the T3 from ATP.
You may only lose 300rpm with a 67 vs a 60 for spool.
Shoot me a message :) I currently have the gtx2860r. Yours wouldn't just slap on in its place?

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Shoot me a message :) I currently have the gtx2860r. Yours wouldn't just slap on in its place?
What injector controller will you be planning to use with prl's port injection kit? DRob told me rn there's not an efficient way to plumb it, feed it, or control it nicely yet.

OP
OP
kshawn

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
What injector controller will you be planning to use with prl's port injection kit? DRob told me rn there's not an efficient way to plumb it, feed it, or control it nicely yet.
Dont know yet haha. Currently having that discussion

turbociv910

First Name
taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SGP Civic Type R, Audi Q5
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Our injectors are good for pumping up to like E40. So the meth helps make up for the fact you cant run straight E85. And at the boost I'm at..I promise you the injectors wouldn't be able to do it lol
"straight" e85.. lol.. yes you can. You just have to run additional fuel lubrication which most people on here have never heard of. We ran into this same issue on the n54 motors back in 2008 or 2009. Back then we just ran 2 stroke oil and that fixed our problem, now there are products for this. Was easy becuase we had 55 gal drums to just mix it in that way, filling up at the pump may be different.

My point aside, you dont need methanol with ethanol to reach mbt.. unless youre just doing it for a few more afr points.. using water meth on ethanol is a no no becuase the ethanol abrorbs h20 and actually makes less power.

Dont know yet haha. Currently having that discussion
split second, about all youve got.

Last edited:

2tone

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic si. 2006 bmw 325i
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Idk if I would start calling our motor/rods weak just yet. I mean this car was running a big turbo, ethanol and meth injection. And on a pretty new platform. There seems to be tons of people running tsp stage 2, and a bunch of people running 27won on ethanol. Hopefully we don’t see too many more blown engines. Also OP can’t wait to see your car back with built internals!

TornadoredGen3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Legacy-T, Jetta Tsi, SI,A5
Country flag
i dont get the idea why would someone would run ethanol and methanol together. You actually introduce IFs in your fuel system delivery. IF the mixture is right IF the sensor is reading correct IF the nozzle is not overpowering or under powering the main fuel. IF the methanol is really mixed 50/50 or 40/60 . SO if you have e85 available to you either run it with 93 oct or run 93oct with methanol

OP
OP
kshawn

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
I run VP m1 for consistency. Everything was in order. Fuel trims were perfect. Ign wasn't crazy. IATs were under 90°. EGTs were 186 at the end of the pull.

The IFs were in order. For the most part. I've been working with a amazing tuner for awhile now.

H3llsp4wn707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 wrx
Country flag
The downside to economy performance I guess. The autopsy should reveal more.

But this is the risk we all take when pushing the limits! Can't blame Honda, ktuner, or the tuner. The motor was being push far past it's intended purpose.

Other factors may have played a part. There was 47k on the engine. I abuse it as well. It's also possible the meth wasn't being equally distrputed to all cylinders.

The log has been sent to the right people, maybe we'll learn something from it :thumbsup:
The modding communities owes a lot to people like yourself who push the limits, and we definitely thank you for that :thumbsup:

PowerPerLiter

Specific Output
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe 91 Talon TSI AWD 6262 280's N20 and 87 Buick Regal T 6776bb built N20
I run VP m1 for consistency. Everything was in order. Fuel trims were perfect. Ign wasn't crazy. IATs were under 90°. EGTs were 186 at the end of the pull.

The IFs were in order. For the most part. I've been working with a amazing tuner for awhile now.
what was the IGN showing around peak?

OP
OP
kshawn

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
If your asking what the ign was during boom boom. It was 5.5 @ about 6100. 30ish psi.

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
OP