amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
Heck ya brother! I’m currently at 279/342 on stock turbo. I am going to go with the 27Won and hope to see similar results. Great numbers bro. Looks clean af too. What exhaust tip is that btw? I’m loving it!
You may want to reconsider...just sayin...
Sponsored

OP
OP
kshawn

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
You may want to reconsider...just sayin...
Starting to seem that way. I'll know more when it gets torn into. I was logging when it happened as well.

One theory that got tossed is that the methanol isn't getting the the cylinders equally. Cylinder 1 seems to be the culprit. The car is currently sitting at the honda dealer, there going to take pics of the external damage. Fingers crossed the block can be reused. If not there going to quote out some plans. But most likely I'm getting it towed to a shop near me, where they have already agreed to do the work.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Starting to seem that way. I'll know more when it gets torn into. I was logging when it happened as well.

One theory that got tossed is that the methanol isn't getting the the cylinders equally. Cylinder 1 seems to be the culprit. The car is currently sitting at the honda dealer, there going to take pics of the external damage. Fingers crossed the block can be reused. If not there going to quote out some plans. But most likely I'm getting it towed to a shop near me, where they have already agreed to do the work.
MAPerformance just blew their stock 500 whp build, they think it started with a bent rod. Hopefully you get it squared away and can learn from what went wrong. Also hopefully you have another car you can drive in the meantime :) Good luck

OP
OP
kshawn

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
MAPerformance just blew their stock 500 whp build, they think it started with a bent rod. Hopefully you get it squared away and can learn from what went wrong. Also hopefully you have another car you can drive in the meantime :) Good luck
2003 mini s is my daily lol. Thank god I have another car :)

H3llsp4wn707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 wrx
Country flag
Seems like the rods on all these 4cyl turbos are pretty weak except for the ea888 in the golf r/s3. Sorry for your loss.

OP
OP
kshawn

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Seems like the rods on all these 4cyl turbos are pretty weak except for the ea888 in the golf r/s3. Sorry for your loss.
The downside to economy performance I guess. The autopsy should reveal more.

But this is the risk we all take when pushing the limits! Can't blame Honda, ktuner, or the tuner. The motor was being push far past it's intended purpose.

Other factors may have played a part. There was 47k on the engine. I abuse it as well. It's also possible the meth wasn't being equally distrputed to all cylinders.

The log has been sent to the right people, maybe we'll learn something from it :thumbsup:

Jes_si562

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si. 1990 Honda civic w d16z6 swap (sold) 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback sport(wifes)
Country flag
Keep us updated!

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
2003 mini s is my daily lol. Thank god I have another car :)
You must be single (or have a very understanding wife or GF), when I spent $800 on an exhaust I didn't hear the end of it. I would be in shit creek if I threw a bunch of money in my Si and blew the engine...

OP
OP
kshawn

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
You must be single (or have a very understanding wife or GF), when I spent $800 on an exhaust I didn't hear the end of it. I would be in shit creek if I threw a bunch of money in my Si and blew the engine...
The GF likes cars as well haha. But I'm getting alot of I told you so from her.

When I called the dealer all I said was
" soo I'm currently in route to you guys, getting towed. It's a 17 SI and I'm pretty sure the motor blew, oil is everywhere."

Guy goes " it's Woodward right?"

They already knew it was me calling xD

joshhjackson2112

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' SI
Country flag
Right?! My wife doesn't want to know how much parts are anymore because it makes her furious. I told her how much I spent on my clutch and you would have thought I just told her I was gay. She was not happy. I cant blow my engine. I will need to see what this autopsy report says. It seems like people keep throwing rods when pushing the limits with flex fuel. Should I leave flex fuel alone altogether?! My goal is to have a glorified DD 10th gen SI. My thoughts were dp/fp, CAI, Intercooler, W1 turbo, flex fuel, and a custom tune. That is the farthest I wanted to go with my build (other than suspension, BBK, wheels, and cosmetic mods). I am starting to think I should just get everything planned except the flex fuel and call it a day. Am I wrong to start back stepping away from E-85 kits?

OP
OP
kshawn

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Right?! My wife doesn't want to know how much parts are anymore because it makes her furious. I told her how much I spent on my clutch and you would have thought I just told her I was gay. She was not happy. I cant blow my engine. I will need to see what this autopsy report says. It seems like people keep throwing rods when pushing the limits with flex fuel. Should I leave flex fuel alone altogether?! My goal is to have a glorified DD 10th gen SI. My thoughts were dp/fp, CAI, Intercooler, W1 turbo, flex fuel, and a custom tune. That is the farthest I wanted to go with my build (other than suspension, BBK, wheels, and cosmetic mods). I am starting to think I should just get everything planned except the flex fuel and call it a day. Am I wrong to start back stepping away from E-85 kits?
From the log the fuel system was not being pushed. I was only running E35. Ign wasn't crazy either. Temps were good. Fuel trims where they needed to be.

It's a mystery at this moment

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I hear ya bro. Flex fuel could be part of it, but what I have seen is that when people start hitting 30 psi boost, that is where the bent rods on the stock engine seems to come in. 30 psi is a lot, way more than the stock internals were designed for, but we will have to see the autopsy of @kshawn engine

OP
OP
kshawn

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
I hear ya bro. Flex fuel could be part of it, but what I have seen is that when people start hitting 30 psi boost, that is where the bent rods on the stock engine seems to come in. 30 psi is a lot, way more than the stock internals were designed for
It was a hot day so I was only making 30 at the time of death. But on cooler days it will peak and hold at 34.

Definitely a bit of boost there... and yah stock rods are the weakest.

OP
OP
kshawn

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
This was the first test with meth and eth paired. I had one very happy pull before the pull of death. Pull one knock control stayed at .49.