More fun: No Lift shift, boost lag eliminated, 226 HP, 255 tq calibration

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
as a total novice, but based on the fact they already said we could copy the tables for knock air limits that we could copy the whole tune but it was made for the MT so Im not sure if it would work correctly copying and pasting it. But maybe it will and What we do with a custom tune is on us or our tuner. lets ask, Hey @Hondata even if you cant recommend it, is it possible to copy the whole +9 psi tune over to a CVT
Even if you could, I think there's still a limitation in the programmer to prevent it from passing a certain torque limit.
Sponsored

teebee288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2017 hatchback sport, Mazda CX-3 2017, polaris rzr 1000s 2017
Country flag
After two days of testing, i can tell one thing, the clutch is at his max, a little more tq and the clutch probably could not handle this power and i'm running basemap, no custom tune yet.
I dont know how the cvt could take the huge kick of the turbo when you hammer it,

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
After two days of testing, i can tell one thing, the clutch is at his max, a little more tq and the clutch probably could not handle this power and i'm running basemap, no custom tune yet.
I dont know how the cvt could take the huge kick of the turbo when you hammer it,
go to the boost table and lower the boost from 2800-3300. it will lower your peak tq

are you sure the clutch is slipping? vit and another user here DD theirs at 280tq.

the rpm is going up while the speedo stands still or slowly moving?

Last edited:

teebee288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2017 hatchback sport, Mazda CX-3 2017, polaris rzr 1000s 2017
Country flag
go to the boost table and lower the boost from 2800-3300. it will lower your peak tq

are you sure the clutch is slipping? vit and another user here DD theirs at 280tq.

the rpm is going up while the speedo stands still or slowly moving?
Yesterday i feel a little slept but only on one pull in 2nd gear, i dont know how a 280wtq without clutch sliping is possible?

(Sorry for horrible english...i speak french)

Last edited:

RetroJR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EX-T 6MT ViTuned
Country flag
Happy camper. K control settled nicely to 54% on Mobil 93. My mileage is still amazing, clutch is seemingly none the wiser. And hopefully the wife isn't either. But it's hard to contain myself while she is in the car with me, so sooner or later, the jig will be up, and I will be in the doghouse. But WORTH IT!

dawsonj87

First Name
Dawson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Civic EX Coupe, 2001 Honda CB250
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Interesting how @Hondata Has not given us a definitive answer on whether or not they will be coming out with a more powerful tune for the cvt. It would be nice to hear directly from them.
To be fair, I'm sure the guys at @Hondata are doing their best. They probably aren't certain how a +9 psi map will work with the CVT yet, but I'm sure they'll test it and give us info as they become certain.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Happy camper. K control settled nicely to 54% on Mobil 93. My mileage is still amazing, clutch is seemingly none the wiser. And hopefully the wife isn't either. But it's hard to contain myself while she is in the car with me, so sooner or later, the jig will be up, and I will be in the doghouse. But WORTH IT!
LOL on the wife. Mine asked what I was doing with the computer in the car parked in the garage. I said,"Im adjusting fuel maps for better gas mileage" That worked for a while, then a wing showed up at the front door. Then I came home with wheels, Then a front lip, and now today an intake. She literally just called and said what the eff did you have delivered today. She opened the box and I heard her gasp, then she says, "you've been making the car faster all along." But she will be happy because each time something arrives, she gets to shop and spend what I spent on the car. Unfortunately now, i have to add the cost of the Flash Pro into the next shopping spree!

45Lexroc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Coupe Touring.' 06 Lexus Is250.
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
.... Then I came home with wheels, Then a front lip, and now today an intake. She literally just called and said what the eff did you have delivered today.
@dallasjhawk I definitely know what you are going through bro as I have gone through the same exact thing. I'm waiting on the PRL pipes and gonna have to find someway to explain that purchase. Lol

And to stay on subject. Hondata should release a +9 for the CVT and have us sign another waiver to check mark releasing them from liability.

Last edited:

ikbenben

Belgium spec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic 1.5T Sport Plus HB
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm wondering what the max tq is for the gearbox. If fitted with an uprated clutch so you can adjust to higher boost and more torque, there must be another weak link.

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@dallasjhawk
And to stay on subject. Hondata should release a +9 for the CVT and have us sign another waiver to check mark releasing them from liability.
I assume we already "signed" that waiver when we first installed the programmer and flashed the tune to begin with. Even with the current "safe" basemaps we have, there's also a possibility that ones car may break from it. I also assume that everyone knows the consequences of using any programmer/tuner on any car (not just @Hondata ). The consequences that ultimately its the owners responsibility if something breaks due to them trying to push their car further than what it's intended to do.

That being said, it would be nice to have those abilities to push further for those daring to try.

45Lexroc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Coupe Touring.' 06 Lexus Is250.
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I assume we already "signed" that waiver when we first installed the programmer and flashed the tune to begin with. Even with the current "safe" basemaps we have, there's also a possibility that ones car may break from it. That being said, it would be nice to have those abilities to push further for those daring to try.

And that is the thing I don't understand. We buy a $700 Flashpro only for certain models to receive the full +9 base map? Sounds like some of us got fleeced. We paid for the FP and clicked on the waiver, we should get the complete package. Just my 2 cents.

Zerkom122

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I to would like to know if Hondata is working with Honda to get this in dealers and get it under warranty. That would be a deciding factor between going with Ktuner or Hondata.

hfpdohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hatch 2017 M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Tank, the difference is really impressive comprare to my custom +6 mishi tune. You feel absolutely no lag between shift and when you ride and hammer it you feel the huge increase of tq. It's like christmas For me today lol.
joyeux noel
lol