Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hondata.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Type R,22' Civic Si,18' Accord 2.0T,17' FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@Hondata ? the software update should allow everyone the ability to tune part throttle ignition and some knock boost limits on all basemaps per a conversation with them. As for the no lift shift thats for them to clarify

Everyone now has the ability to tune the part throttle ignition and raise the knock air limits. More specifically, Knock air limits, which limits the cylinder air fill in mg/cyl depending on the degree of knock retard. In stock from the ECU limits the cylinder filling when the knock retard increases. We have been able to raise the knock air limits substantially without causing an increase in knock. Just open the + 9 PSI calibration and view the table. You can copy and paste the values into your base calibration.

I will post a short tutorial tomorrow.

For MT users the no lift shift is configurable for RPM and throttle parameters.
Sponsored

Jay.DeVries

Yee Yee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Will there be a 9psi tune for the cvt?

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Will there be a 9psi tune for the cvt?
Nobody is really sure at this moment but I'd probably guess not. I'm curious if they'll release a similar configuration at a lower torque for the CVT but higher than the +6 psi that we have now.

teebee288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2017 hatchback sport, Mazda CX-3 2017, polaris rzr 1000s 2017
Country flag
And you got this info from?

Hondata has made a video about the tq and cvt before releasing this tune, so it's clear that they prepared flashpro cvt owners to not have more than a +6psi tune. Maybe i can be wrong.

Jay.DeVries

Yee Yee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hondata has made a video about the tq and cvt before releasing this tune, so it's clear that they prepared flashpro cvt owners to not have more than a +6psi tune. Maybe i can be wrong.
So you don't have any actual facts to back up your answer, just speculation. Thank you for wasting my time.

dawsonj87

First Name
Dawson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Civic EX Coupe, 2001 Honda CB250
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm pretty sure Hondata said it was highly unlikely it would be available for CVT models, but I could also be wrong.

mc1200s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 ext
Country flag
I downloaded the new software today but haven't installed it yet. There's no 9psi tune for the cvt. I'm curious if there's been any tweaking to the cvts 6psi tune.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'd bet with you are right on this one. We'll see.

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
Yeah but a good tune can adjust the TQ curve through the shifts and still give you power without breaking things if I'm not mistaken.
True, providing it's within the turbo's efficiency range. I just don't think there's much more they can do to massage the powerband without a turbo upgrade.

Even then, I don't think we'd see much relief on the CVT by shifting output to the upper RPM range.

My 2 cents...

Jay.DeVries

Yee Yee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soooo, I may be totally wrong on this, but wouldnt it be possible to copy the tables from the +9psi tune, over to the tune for the CVT? I know Hondata can, but couldnt someone with a cvt, if they wanted to take it up to that, just copy the relevant data?

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Soooo, I may be totally wrong on this, but wouldnt it be possible to copy the tables from the +9psi tune, over to the tune for the CVT? I know Hondata can, but couldnt someone with a cvt, if they wanted to take it up to that, just copy the relevant data?
as a total novice, but based on the fact they already said we could copy the tables for knock air limits that we could copy the whole tune but it was made for the MT so Im not sure if it would work correctly copying and pasting it. But maybe it will and What we do with a custom tune is on us or our tuner. lets ask, Hey @Hondata even if you cant recommend it, is it possible to copy the whole +9 psi tune over to a CVT

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
as a total novice, but based on the fact they already said we could copy the tables for knock air limits that we could copy the whole tune but it was made for the MT so Im not sure if it would work correctly copying and pasting it. But maybe it will and What we do with a custom tune is on us or our tuner. lets ask, Hey @Hondata even if you cant recommend it, is it possible to copy the whole +9 psi tune over to a CVT
the tables to add more TQ to the CVT is not available to the end user. So it doesn't matter what you copy and paste over from the MT

Jay.DeVries

Yee Yee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Interesting how @Hondata Has not given us a definitive answer on whether or not they will be coming out with a more powerful tune for the cvt. It would be nice to hear directly from them.
Sponsored