Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan, Others
Country flag
Wondering about how stock clutches are doing with +6 base maps? I have an Si with 3k miles and just got FlashPro. Only thing giving me pause is concern about clutch slip. See it mentioned more on KTuner thread, but wondering about experience with FP. One reason I went with FP is that +6 map seemed a bit more conservative. Thanks.
The +6 PSI tune will not cause any clutch issues. The +9 PSI tune potentially could, but we have not had issues with it here. Some others have though.

In general the Hondata basemaps are designed with long term reliability as a key factor.
Sponsored

varge

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5T 4D Elegance EUDM
Country flag
The +6 PSI tune will not cause any clutch issues. The +9 PSI tune potentially could, but we have not had issues with it here. Some others have though.

In general the Hondata basemaps are designed with long term reliability as a key factor.
What about using the maps from the +6 psi until say 3500 and then gradually increase the boost level until 5000rpm where it should have the values of the +9 psi base map ?
i know this is something that CVT owners are trying, and i think that for the manual this would be more friendly to the engine internals to not have a huge peak torque around 2500-3000 rpm. Something around 220lbft should be enough mid-range to promote driveability.

procivic

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan, Others
Country flag
What about using the maps from the +6 psi until say 3500 and then gradually increase the boost level until 5000rpm where it should have the values of the +9 psi base map ?
i know this is something that CVT owners are trying, and i think that for the manual this would be more friendly to the engine internals to not have a huge peak torque around 2500-3000 rpm. Something around 220lbft should be enough mid-range to promote driveability.
Yes, you could do this. It would help to alleviate the typical massive amount of midrange torque that is likely to cause clutch slip. Personally, I like the feeling of a top end power boost anyway.
Sponsored