More electrical issues

Callou2131

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 HRV EX, 2017 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
The longer I have had my 2017 hatch EX the more I hate it. Besides the paint issues, then the touch screen issues, now tonight I am driving home from work and everything is fine. I stop, and grab something to eat. Get back in, start it, start to drive and the sides of my display go black. No gas gauge, no temp gauge. None of the steering wheel buttons work. Start button is flashing red. Pull over and put it in park. Push the button. Car won't turn off. Only a few miles from home, so I figure I will take it home. Had some hard rain so it's foggy. Turn on the a.c. to clear the windows. Nothing but hot air. My headlights go dim and bright dim and bright. Pull into the driveway and have to push and hold the start button multiple times to get the car to shut off. Also no lights on the shifter as well showing rndsl
WTF???
Honda Civic 10th gen More electrical issues 20170620_000517
Sponsored

Last edited:

Priceless_Civic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback ST 2007 Silverado 2500HD
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The longer I have had my 2017 hatch EX the more I hate it. Besides the paint issues, then the touch screen issues, now tonight I am driving home from work and everything is fine. I stop, and grab something to eat. Get back in, start it, start to drive and the sides of my display go black. No gas gauge, no temp gauge. None of the steering wheel buttons work. Start button is flashing red. Pull over and put it in park. Push the button. Car won't turn off. Only a few miles from home, so I figure I will take it home. Had some hard rain so it's foggy. Turn on the a.c. to clear the windows. Nothing but hot air. My headlights go dim and bright dim and bright. Pull into the driveway and have to push and hold the start button multiple times to get the car to shut off. Also no lights on the shifter as well showing rndsl
WTF???
20170620_000517.jpg
Wow! That's probably the worst news I've heard from a hatch owner! Have you contacted the dealer to take a look at it? Hopefully some kind of code or error was reported on the car. I can understand if you don't feel like messing with the dealership though lol maybe try disconnecting the battery for 5-10 min. and see if you have any more trouble after that? I sympathize with you though! I'd be livid if my car did that!

latole

Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Wow! That's probably the worst news I've heard from a hatch owner! Have you contacted the dealer to take a look at it? Hopefully some kind of code or error was reported on the car. I can understand if you don't feel like messing with the dealership though lol maybe try disconnecting the battery for 5-10 min. and see if you have any more trouble after that? I sympathize with you though! I'd be livid if my car did that!

Yes try a reset of the screen.

OP
OP

Callou2131

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The screen still worked lol. For once. I go out this morning, and everything starts up fine. I am hoping a code came up or something, otherwise it will be one of those things the dealer says they can't replicate. My next day off is Tuesday, so I am going to take it in and have them check.

zx2down

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Altima 2.5 S
My first thought is that the rain/fog shorted out something, maybe a bad ground.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
*Knock on wood*

All of these types of issues seem to happen to the higher level trims with the fancier electronics.

xcoreflyup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback Sport (Traded in), 2022 BIG PRIUS
Country flag
shitty situation for a new car...hope the dealer takes care of you.

briq4

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring
Country flag
and what was the outcome? anything wrong or just a phantom issue ?

latole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
WTF???
20170620_000517.jpg

Since June 20 , what's happened ?

OP
OP

Callou2131

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Since June 20 , what's happened ?
Damn haven't been on in forever. Dealer couldn't replicate it and it hasn't happened since. No clue what it was. Recently however I have had my sxm go out and it just says check tuner, and erases all my am/fm presets. I do a reboot, and everything comes back.
Sponsored