More aggressive style tire on factory Touring rims?

elykoj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic
Country flag
I honestly like the factory Touring rims on my 2016 sedan, but when it comes time for tires, is there a more aggressive sportier looking tire available that looks and rides great? thanks guys
Sponsored

glbg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sports Hatchback
Country flag
On my other car I have the Continental DWS 06 (Ultra High Performance All-Season)

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Check out the Yokohama YK740 GTX. It's got good reviews on Discount. I like Yokohama tires for traction. Plus it has a 60k mile warranty.

OP
OP

elykoj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic
Country flag
im not sure of the stock size of this tire on the Touring, but I want a different size tire on it that will fit the factory rim. Just something a little more sporty looking

marauderguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring
Country flag
Do you plan on driving them through winter? If so, I used the Continental DWS06 and they worked very good this winter for the record snowfalls in Alberta. Another very good choice is General Gmax AS-05. Both tires have good reviews for winter performance as well as wet.
You could up the size to a 245/45/17 on the factory 7 inch wide rims. This would be the widest you could go while maintaining virtually the same diameter as stock.

CIVICSPORT

Doctor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Do you plan on driving them through winter? If so, I used the Continental DWS06 and they worked very good this winter for the record snowfalls in Alberta. Another very good choice is General Gmax AS-05. Both tires have good reviews for winter performance as well as wet.
You could up the size to a 245/45/17 on the factory 7 inch wide rims. This would be the widest you could go while maintaining virtually the same diameter as stock.
235/45/17 is about the limit on a 7” wide rim

ddood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 VTI-LX
Country flag
I honestly like the factory Touring rims on my 2016 sedan, but when it comes time for tires, is there a more aggressive sportier looking tire available that looks and rides great? thanks guys
Michelin Pilot Sport 4 is available in the stock tire size. Great tire...

CIVICSPORT

Doctor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Michelin Pilot Sport 4 is available in the stock tire size. Great tire...
Yep sticky stock sized tire is better than a wider all season tire any day.