Modest Mods (2016 Civic EX-L)

poop1994

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KIA
No clue, labor rates vary depending where you live, you'd have to call the local dealer and ask, get several quotes from different dealerships.
I'm waiting for a quote from my dealership on changing the horn, I hate the little car meep meep horn, I want one people actually hear!
Yeah. That is correct as well. Any idea how much they will charge for the installation?
No it doesn't void warranty and I had mine installed for $105 at best buy.. I made a video a while back explaining how he installed the amp in my car.. I have the cosmic blue civic touring
Sponsored

MuGeN PoWeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
No it doesn't void warranty and I had mine installed for $105 at best buy.. I made a video a while back explaining how he installed the amp in my car.. I have the cosmic blue civic touring
Okay. That's good. So does the in dash entertainment system have a sub woofer out option?

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rallye Red Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Just curious why it runs straight off the battery instead of off the fuse box?

OP
OP
Shnitzen Gruben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic
How much did you tint the windows? I need to do that soon but I can't decide what percentage on each window just yet. Looks like your driver and passenger are probably a bit lighter?
20% on the side windows and 5% on the back windows. I know it is a bit dark but it gets hot in Arizona!

speedfreak101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 honda crv exl w/nav
Nice mods, Nothing crazy. However FYI. Please don't take this as I'm bashing, just trying to help. While the installation of your amp seems correct it is actually flawed. It may sound decent, but you are actually loosing a lot of sound. The reason is all factory head units will automatically change the frequency as you turn the radio up. Ever noticed in a stock stereo the louder you turn it up the more the bass will taper off as well as the mids. This is to save the factory speakers as they are usually not of the highest quality. Every car company knows that many people will get spirited with the volume knob. Even if you were to change all the factory door speakers it will sound funny because of the stock unit compensating for lower quality speakers. The best and correct way to keep the head unit and upgrade the speakers is to add a "Clean Sweep" by JL Audio. Other manufactures will make a similar product. But what this does is take the signal from your head unit and clean it up. So in your case the speaker wire that is going to your amp now goes to the "Clean Sweep" then converts it to a true low voltage RCA then goes to your amp. What it does is makes the signal going to your amp flat across the board regardless of how high you turn up the volume. This is so your amp always has a clean flat signal to work with and doesn't have to work so hard. Not to mention that it will sound a hell of a lot better. Just my .02. But definitely a nice car. Con grats on your purchase.

SPEEDANDTECH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accords
Just a heads up. I wouldnt post any pics with my license plate in sight. Theres a lot of crazy people out there on the internet man. Just my opinion.
i have yet to understand this. But isn't there a lot of crazy people on the road too? they can see the plates. ignore my ignorance, but please tell me what can one do with tags from a picture. I am trying to undertand.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Honda Civic EX-L Sedan
you should consider getting all black LED headlights from CarID or some other online website. Also if you blacked out the tail lights (don't mean buying new taillights) and the Honda logo, it would look surreal!!

OP
OP
Shnitzen Gruben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic
you should consider getting all black LED headlights from CarID or some other online website. Also if you blacked out the tail lights (don't mean buying new taillights) and the Honda logo, it would look surreal!!
Actually, I like the red tailights, it makes the calipers stand out. I plasti dipped the Honda logo on the rear and removed the Civics badging. I think I'm done!

C Note

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
--
i have yet to understand this. But isn't there a lot of crazy people on the road too? they can see the plates. ignore my ignorance, but please tell me what can one do with tags from a picture. I am trying to undertand.
Exactly. No need to block out plates online. Not like you block it out when driving on the road.

@Shnitzen Gruben Car looks unique and sporty!
Sponsored