First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
Hello all,

I purchased my used 2016 Civic EX-T this past March. Like with all used cars there was some wear and tear on the vehicle. One thing I noticed was that my vehicle was missing the button/latch for the front row center console armrest. I can still lift the center console armrest up but have to use my fingers to pinch two spring loaded buttons together. This is extremely annoying.
I have searched online for a replacement button/latch for the 10th gen civics but can only find latches for the 8th and 9th gen civics. I have also found that if you buy directly through a Honda parts dealer, you have to buy the entire armrest assembly which costs about $120. I have also searched for any local totaled/scrapyard 10th gen civics to get the part from but cannot find any in my area. I have included pictures showing the missing button/latch. If anyone knows how I can replace this piece for cheap please let me know.

Thank you,
John

Honda Civic 10th gen Missing/Broken Center Console Latch IMG_20190627_075355670

Honda Civic 10th gen Missing/Broken Center Console Latch IMG_20190627_075341781

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
Not sure how to replace it for cheap, but if you do end up replacing the entire assembly, get the one from the Type R. The suede material is light years more comfortable than the sandpaper found on the lower specs.

Driver56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI coupe
Country flag
Junkyard will be your best bet, though you may want to try the classifieds on here. Some members upgraded to leather and may have a used one they'll be willing to sell.

Browncoat3000

Red 5 standing by
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si, Odyssey EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
OP
OP
johnNYYankee

johnNYYankee

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
Thanks for your help everyone. I think I will going to the local Honda dealership to sit in the insights and accords and see if there latch is the same as the civics. If it is the same then I will search the junkyards for late model civics, accords, and insights to scavenge that part from.

midnightcivic

First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 SGP EX
Country flag
Thanks for your help everyone. I think I will going to the local Honda dealership to sit in the insights and accords and see if there latch is the same as the civics. If it is the same then I will search the junkyards for late model civics, accords, and insights to scavenge that part from.
It's the same, there's a thread on here...i replaced my cloth one like yours for leather insight one

Here's the link https://www.civicx.com/threads/leather-honda-insight-armrest-pieces-fit-civic.35675/

Honda Civic 10th gen Missing/Broken Center Console Latch IMAG3347

Last edited:

DTA

First Name
DTA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic
Country flag
I just worked on a broken console latch. The spring latch was stuck close. I was able to pop it open by reaching under the arm rest to release the spring latch on each side.

After popping it open I pressed the side pin in, push the plastic tab near the center of the console and it clicked to keep the pin in. I did this to both sides of the arm rest.

Now, the arm rest can open up and down without latching.

Honda Civic 10th gen Missing/Broken Center Console Latch IMG_7219
Sponsored