Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #1254
Country flag
Hey Guys,

As promised, your update!

Make sure you check out the blog for the full write-up on the CTR Catch Can!

Honda Civic 10th gen Mishimoto's Type-R Direct Fit Catch Can R&D Thread 080217_NLT_CTR_BCC_WEB_3

It's not everyday that we get to have the fastest of any type of car in the Mishimoto facility let alone having our own. In the spirit of that, we couldn't help but spice up what some might call a routine catch can project.

The color red has always been synonymous with the performance category of a car, no matter the manufacturer. This is a theme that Honda has always seemed to take to heart, especially with the FK8. No matter what angle you look at this CTR, you can see the vibrant hue peppered along the body and interior. Some might say that it's too much, but we beg to differ, especially when it comes to the engine bay. Granted, as soon as you pop the hood you're greeted with the red and pseudo-carbon fiber engine cover, but other than that it's sort of drab under there. We decided that we are going to offer our catch can bracket color matched to that classic Honda red to give the bay a little more spice.
Honda Civic 10th gen Mishimoto's Type-R Direct Fit Catch Can R&D Thread 080117_NLT_CTR_BCC_WEB_10

Honda Civic 10th gen Mishimoto's Type-R Direct Fit Catch Can R&D Thread 082817_NLT_CTR_CBB_WEB_1

The addition of a little more color under the hood won't mean much if the catch can doesn't work however. As I've previously mentioned, we had a Championship White FK8 in a few days before we purchased our Type R, and we sent him out with a prototype of our catch can kit for a 1000 mile test, with nothing but good results. No check engine lights were thrown, and we caught some of the murky stuff.

Honda Civic 10th gen Mishimoto's Type-R Direct Fit Catch Can R&D Thread 071017_NLT_CTR_BCC_WEB_4

While it might not seem like that much, over time these little increments can build up on the valves and other top end internals ultimately robbing your K20C1 of power and efficiency.

Keep an eye out in the coming weeks for a link for the presale for this kit, and make sure you check out our intake and intercooler projects!

As always, feel free to shoot me any questions, comments, suggestions, or concerns my way!

Thanks,
-Nick

FF MAYHEM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
Hey Guys,

As promised, your update!

Make sure you check out the blog for the full write-up on the CTR Catch Can!

080217_NLT_CTR_BCC_WEB_3.jpg

It's not everyday that we get to have the fastest of any type of car in the Mishimoto facility let alone having our own. In the spirit of that, we couldn't help but spice up what some might call a routine catch can project.

The color red has always been synonymous with the performance category of a car, no matter the manufacturer. This is a theme that Honda has always seemed to take to heart, especially with the FK8. No matter what angle you look at this CTR, you can see the vibrant hue peppered along the body and interior. Some might say that it's too much, but we beg to differ, especially when it comes to the engine bay. Granted, as soon as you pop the hood you're greeted with the red and pseudo-carbon fiber engine cover, but other than that it's sort of drab under there. We decided that we are going to offer our catch can bracket color matched to that classic Honda red to give the bay a little more spice.
080117_NLT_CTR_BCC_WEB_10.jpg

082817_NLT_CTR_CBB_WEB_1.jpg

The addition of a little more color under the hood won't mean much if the catch can doesn't work however. As I've previously mentioned, we had a Championship White FK8 in a few days before we purchased our Type R, and we sent him out with a prototype of our catch can kit for a 1000 mile test, with nothing but good results. No check engine lights were thrown, and we caught some of the murky stuff.

071017_NLT_CTR_BCC_WEB_4.jpg

While it might not seem like that much, over time these little increments can build up on the valves and other top end internals ultimately robbing your K20C1 of power and efficiency.

Keep an eye out in the coming weeks for a link for the presale for this kit, and make sure you check out our intake and intercooler projects!

As always, feel free to shoot me any questions, comments, suggestions, or concerns my way!

Thanks,
-Nick

HOT DAMN ! ! ! Cant wait to grab one...going to whore it out on my blog FF MAYHEM

Great job :D

metal_driver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 TSX (Euro-R mods), 2009 Acura TSX, 2008 MDX, 2011 Shelby GT500, 2018 Type R, 2020 MDX A-Spec
Country flag
Awesome looking unit. I'm in to get one once I get my Type R.
Excellent work.

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #1254
Country flag
In, in, and in some more! Looks great!
Thanks!

Awesome work!
@Mishimoto let me know if i can help with anything, Im working with Cusco on their prototype Strut tower bar. Interested to know if it'll impede on catchcan access.
Thanks Jonny!

That's actually a good point. A strut tower bar shouldn't effect the catch can too much, it might be a little bit of a hassle when it comes to emptying it, but our drain system will definitely make that task a lot easier. Shooting you a PM!

HOT DAMN ! ! ! Cant wait to grab one...going to whore it out on my blog FF MAYHEM

Great job :D
Awesome! Where can i find your blog? I'd love to check it out!

Awesome looking unit. I'm in to get one once I get my Type R.
Excellent work.
Thank you! And glad to hear it! Hopefully it won't be too much longer in both cases

waiting for pre sale
same. waiting for the pre orders.
Very soon! I'm looking forward to posting up that link for you guys!

Thanks again everyone! I'll keep you updated on the presale.

-Nick

FF MAYHEM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
Sent you guys a message on your Facebook account through messager.

Have a great weekend :)

Banshee

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3, 07 Civic Si, 17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You going to have a triple combo kit with a discount..lol
Did you give a rough range on costs yet for either of the three items you are engineering?

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #1254
Country flag
Sent you guys a message on your Facebook account through messager.

Have a great weekend :)
Got it! I'll check it out!

You going to have a triple combo kit with a discount..lol
Did you give a rough range on costs yet for either of the three items you are engineering?
I wish I had the pull to offer something like that, totally going to suggest it though!

Unfortunately, no prices yet, once each item gets to presale we'll have our finalized pricing list for each. Stay tuned on this one, it's coming up pretty quick!

-Nick

Chee_hu

First Name
Sherwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
#611 Rallye Red CTR | 1998 Civic EX | 2007 Honda Fit Sport
Country flag
Holy sheet! It's almost a reality!!!!
Sponsored

Status