OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #1254
Country flag
I sent the Mishimoto team an email. I have everything plumbed and ready to go, once I get the can sorted I just screw it in and finish plumbing. The hard work is done. Thanks for the responses :)
Hey Ctrnut

Did you happen to get an auto-reply with a ticket ID yet? I'd be happy to get in touch with my customer service team and get you taken care of asap. We'll have no problems getting a two-port lid shipped out.

Thanks
-Jake
Sponsored

Ctrnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai veracruz, 2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Hey Ctrnut

Did you happen to get an auto-reply with a ticket ID yet? I'd be happy to get in touch with my customer service team and get you taken care of asap. We'll have no problems getting a two-port lid shipped out.

Thanks
-Jake
Hey Jake

I got the ticket number but no other communication as yet. I would prefer not having to make DIY mod to close the third port hahaha. We will get this sorted, otherwise everything else went perfect.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
My catch can arrived! I might try to strap it into the car this weekend!

TypeRinATL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
Country flag
Has mishi sent anyone a clamp yet?

I've gotten two emails saying they're working on it, but no communication for a couple weeks and no clamp.

Dario1101

First Name
Dario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Pardon if this was already answered earlier in the thread, but how would one drain out the catch can? Are there procedures on how to do this?

Fk8 4343

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Civic Type R, 17' CR-V Touring
Pardon if this was already answered earlier in the thread, but how would one drain out the catch can? Are there procedures on how to do this?
I disconnected the hoses, removed the can, and poured it out. The inside of the hose is oily so it slide off and back on easily.

FF MAYHEM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
I disconnected the hoses, removed the can, and poured it out. The inside of the hose is oily so it slide off and back on easily.
There is a plug you can remove off the base and run a fitting with a line to bottom of the bay so you could just drain when your service is due

TypeRinATL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
Country flag

Mine is the exact opposite. My hoses are STUCK on hard. I have to unscrew the bottom of the can from the top. It's pretty cumbersome.

SpooRk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 CTR LE
Country flag
Has anyone put some miles on these and do you have pics of what was captured? I haven’t purchased one yet.. interested to see what comes out after a few thousand miles.

Dario1101

First Name
Dario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I bought one and it ships in a week. I'm excited as heck to install mine.

whymi

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93 si, 17 type r
Country flag
I was going to wait till the oil change. I only have 2k mi. On the car and only a few hundred with the catch can. It's too early to tell. Plus I don't think it'll be much for a while . I got it more for long term protection anyways.

SpooRk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 CTR LE
Country flag
I was going to wait till the oil change. I only have 2k mi. On the car and only a few hundred with the catch can. It's too early to tell. Plus I don't think it'll be much for a while . I got it more for long term protection anyways.
Yeah I figure with a brand new engine, I probably won’t need to worry about that yet. If I keep it for the long haul, I’ll invest in one then

whymi

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93 si, 17 type r
Country flag
I got it because I know what having direct injection means for intake valves. I have personal experience with a VW DI system and what is involved to clean intake valves. Big job. I know Honda is better than VW, but I still wanted the protection. And hopefully it'll keep the oil and shit from the intercooler also.

CTR941

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06' Turbo S2000, 06' CBR 600RR, 17' GMC Sierra, 17' CTR, gave up my 08' Si for a CTR
Country flag
Has anyone put some miles on these and do you have pics of what was captured? I haven’t purchased one yet.. interested to see what comes out after a few thousand miles.
This was at 1,600 mile after catch can was installed. Just at 1 ounce. Sorry I didn't snap a pic of my odometer for proof.

Honda Civic 10th gen Mishimoto's Type-R Direct Fit Catch Can R&D Thread mishimoto CC 1600
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.