Not open for further replies.

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #1254
Country flag
Hey Guys!

Just wanted to bump this up again with a full update! For the full write-up, make sure you head over to our Engineering Blog!

100217_NLT_Si_AI_WEB_1.jpg

The newest Si sets itself apart from the standard EX-T. The aggressive new styling, 18” alloys, and sporty interior let everyone know that you’re not driving just a Civic. The improvements don’t stop there. Along with the enhanced styling, the Si also gets a helical limited slip differential to evenly distribute the extra 25 horses and added torque to the front wheels. Under the hood, however, one might take note that the L15B7 powering the updated Si is the same powerplant that can be found throughout the Civic line, which begs the question, why does it need its own intake?

The answer is actually pretty simple. As many of you probably already know, Honda has traditionally equipped their spiced up Civic with the same powerplant as the base models but with some extra goodies. In the 10th generation, one of those tweaks includes a different MAF sensor, which means we needed to devise a new housing that would play nicely with the different sensor. Luckily, with the amount of development we already completed on the 1.5T Civic, our engineer already had a plan.

011818_NLT_Si_AI_WEB_3.jpg

You can see that, for the most part, the two housings are pretty similar. The Si's new housing stands slightly taller and boasts a larger sensor opening. With the housing sorted it was time to get testing. We always start with road testing. In order to confidently advertise the "No Tune Required" feature, we need to make sure that our new design keeps the fuel trims in check. After our standard 1000 mile test we can proudly say that we were able to keep the check engine light at bay, and now we moved to the dyno.

For a look at the results, make sure you head over to the Engineering Blog! Also, we're planning on dropping a link for our presale very soon, so keep an eye out!

As always, feel free to ask any questions you might have!

-Nick
Sponsored

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #1254
Country flag
Hey Guys!

I just wanted to bump up this thread to let you know that the pre-sale for our Civic Si Performance Intake is officially live! Click the link below to get your name on the presale list!

Honda Civic Si Performance Intake Kit Presale - $264.95

MMAI-CIV-16SIBK_1.jpg

Honda Civic 10th gen Mishimoto's Si Intake Thread {filename}

As always, feel free to reach out if you have any questions!

-Nick

Toolz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type-R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

RODSCIVIC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Acura MDX 2016 Focus ST 2018 Si Sedan
Country flag
Do you guys plan on working with Hondata or other tuners to make a tune specific with this intake? Are there any sound clips?

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR - 2020 Acura RDX A-Spec
Country flag
I thought the windshield washer resovoir was different between us and Canada. That’s why PRL had to do something different for Canadian models.

Yup! Looks like there's no difference between the US and Canadian Si's :)

-Nick

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #1254
Country flag
Do you guys plan on working with Hondata or other tuners to make a tune specific with this intake? Are there any sound clips?
I'll have to double check and see if we plan on working with Hondata with this one. It's very similar to the 1.5T kit, which we did send out to them for a tune program.

As far as the dyno clips go, we unfortunately didn't have the chance to get one when we had it in, but we're hoping to have the car come back. I'll be sure to post something up once we get something!

I thought the windshield washer resovoir was different between us and Canada. That’s why PRL had to do something different for Canadian models.
Our kit fits in place of the stock intake system, rather than relocating the filter, so there shouldn't be any obstacles to intstallation :)

-Nick

Toolz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type-R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Our kit fits in place of the stock intake system, rather than relocating the filter, so there shouldn't be any obstacles to intstallation :)

-Nick
Great!.. When does presale end?

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #1254
Country flag
Hey Guys,

Just wanted to bump up the thread to let you know that we're coming up on the release for this intake! Come Monday we will be shipping these out, so last chance to get in on the presale!

-Nick

WOPSiWOT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey Guys,

Just wanted to bump up the thread to let you know that we're coming up on the release for this intake! Come Monday we will be shipping these out, so last chance to get in on the presale!

-Nick
Ended up pulling the trigger on this one. I like the look and am not interested in running a CAI at this point. FWIW, I'd also be interested if you're able to work out something with Hondata for an OTS calibration like there is for the base. Thanks.

tehSteve

GrayBeard McGootch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Si
Country flag
would love to hear it before dropping the cash :/

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #1254
Country flag
HYPED! Have had my preorder in since day 1!
Glad to hear it! We'll be shipping these out to you guys very soon!

Ended up pulling the trigger on this one. I like the look and am not interested in running a CAI at this point. FWIW, I'd also be interested if you're able to work out something with Hondata for an OTS calibration like there is for the base. Thanks.
Glad to hear it! You got in just in time! And They were already able to work out a specific tune with our non-Si kit, so they'll most likely be whipping something up for the Si as well ;)

would love to hear it before dropping the cash :/
Hey Steve,

Unfortuantely we don't have a dyno video with our Si kit, but you'll give similar if not better results as our non-Si kit. For reference, here's what our 1.5T kit sounds like:

I'm also going to shoot you a PM as well!

-Nick

ebatr24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Almost pulled the trigger on this yesterday, it looks awesome but I left my order nearly completed. Is there much more sound that we get similar to the PRL Cobra intake?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.