Not open for further replies.

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #1254
Country flag
Hey Guys!

I'm pleased to announce that we finally got our hands on an Si to use in order to develop a performance intake for the tenth generation Civic Si!

Honda Civic 10th gen Mishimoto's Honda Civic Si Intake R&D Thread 092617_NLT_SI_AI_WEB_1

Since it shares most of the design with the base 1.5T models, this should be a quick development for us because we'll be able to use many of the same components from our existing intake kit. I'll keep you guys updated on the development, we've already set this up on the dyno for some testing!

While we have the Si in the shop we'll also be testing out our intercooler as well!

Feel free to ask any question, or shoot me any suggestions you might have!

-Nick
Sponsored

Mogadee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Mazdaspeed 3, '17 WOP Si Sedan
Country flag
Hey Guys!

I'm pleased to announce that we finally got our hands on an Si to use in order to develop a performance intake for the tenth generation Civic Si!

092617_NLT_SI_AI_WEB_1.jpg

Since it shares most of the design with the base 1.5T models, this should be a quick development for us because we'll be able to use many of the same components from our existing intake kit. I'll keep you guys updated on the development, we've already set this up on the dyno for some testing!

While we have the Si in the shop we'll also be testing out our intercooler as well!

Feel free to ask any question, or shoot me any suggestions you might have!

-Nick
SRI or full CAI?

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #1254
Country flag
Hey Guys,

I just wanted to bump this thread and let you know that we're still plugging away at this project! We're actually getting very close to launching a presale, so keep your eye out here for updates!

-Nick

simon_lefisch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Hey Guys,

I just wanted to bump this thread and let you know that we're still plugging away at this project! We're actually getting very close to launching a presale, so keep your eye out here for updates!

-Nick
Any chance of making a CAI? Or just sticking with an SRI?

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #1254
Country flag
Any chance of making a CAI? Or just sticking with an SRI?
Luckily for us we did most of the legwork with our 1.5T intake, and a significant amount of the design is going to carry over. I'm planning on having a full update for you guys very soon!

-Nick

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #1254
Country flag
Hey Guys!

Just wanted to bump this up again with a full update! For the full write-up, make sure you head over to our Engineering Blog!

Honda Civic 10th gen Mishimoto's Honda Civic Si Intake R&D Thread 100217_NLT_Si_AI_WEB_1

The newest Si sets itself apart from the standard EX-T. The aggressive new styling, 18” alloys, and sporty interior let everyone know that you’re not driving just a Civic. The improvements don’t stop there. Along with the enhanced styling, the Si also gets a helical limited slip differential to evenly distribute the extra 25 horses and added torque to the front wheels. Under the hood, however, one might take note that the L15B7 powering the updated Si is the same powerplant that can be found throughout the Civic line, which begs the question, why does it need its own intake?

The answer is actually pretty simple. As many of you probably already know, Honda has traditionally equipped their spiced up Civic with the same powerplant as the base models but with some extra goodies. In the 10th generation, one of those tweaks includes a different MAF sensor, which means we needed to devise a new housing that would play nicely with the different sensor. Luckily, with the amount of development we already completed on the 1.5T Civic, our engineer already had a plan.

Honda Civic 10th gen Mishimoto's Honda Civic Si Intake R&D Thread 011818_NLT_Si_AI_WEB_3

You can see that, for the most part, the two housings are pretty similar. The Si's new housing stands slightly taller and boasts a larger sensor opening. With the housing sorted it was time to get testing. We always start with road testing. In order to confidently advertise the "No Tune Required" feature, we need to make sure that our new design keeps the fuel trims in check. After our standard 1000 mile test we can proudly say that we were able to keep the check engine light at bay, and now we moved to the dyno.

For a look at the results, make sure you head over to the Engineering Blog!

As always, feel free to ask any questions you might have!

-Nick

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #1254
Country flag
Hey Guys!

Just wanted to bump this up and let you know that we will be launching a presale for this kit very soon! Keep you eye out on this thread for a link next week!

-Nick

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #1254
Country flag
OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #1254
Country flag
Hey Guys,

Just wanted to bump up the thread to let you know that we're coming up on the release for this intake! Come Monday we will be shipping these out, so last chance to get in on the presale!

-Nick

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not seeing the intake for the base vehicle. When will we see that one?

Status
Not open for further replies.