Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #1254
Country flag
OK, "Shortly" has past.
Everything that's happening shortly is happening now!
And then?
We passed then.
When?
Just now
We're at now, now.
Go back to then.
When?
Now.
Now?
Now!
I can't.
We missed it.
When?
Just now.
When will then be now?
Soon.
And now I'm going to go watch Spaceballs while waiting :p
LOL, I don't know why I thought of that scene when he said "Coming shortly". Might have just been the mood I was in, and the useless random crap that runs through my head all the time.....
Honda Civic 10th gen Mishimoto's 2017 Type R Intake R&D Thread giphy

Great, now I'm going to have to watch Spaceballs... haha

I don't want to give too much away, but they wanted me to kick the next update into ludicrous speed (see what I did there) and have it up by tomorrow, so keep an eye out for that! It'll be posted by the end of the day.

@Mishimoto update please!!!
I'ts coming!

-Nick
Sponsored

Banshee

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3, 07 Civic Si, 17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
giphy.gif

kick the next update into ludicrous speed (see what I did there) and have it up by tomorrow, so keep an eye out for that! It'll be posted by the end of the day.

-Nick
I seen it, and it was an awesome segway for the status update!

"Fire a warning shot across her nose. "

Ctrnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai veracruz, 2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
So with the intake... will we be able to go from suck to blow? Or is that strictly the turbo's job ^^

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #1254
Country flag
Hey Guys!

As promised, I have a big update for you!

Honda Civic 10th gen Mishimoto's 2017 Type R Intake R&D Thread Light-Paint_WEB

(I wish i could take credit for this shot, but our other very talented blogger here stayed late for some light painting the other week)

As many of you might know, we've been working pretty hard on this project over the past few weeks, and finally I can show you the fruits of our labor!

I'm sure many of you are on the same page that intakes are typically one of the first modifications anyone makes to their car. It's not really much of a surprise either, since stock intakes are always riddled with silencers, ugly hoses, and panel filters, all things that we enthusiasts typically try to avoid.

Honda Civic 10th gen Mishimoto's 2017 Type R Intake R&D Thread 071917_NLT_CTR_AI_WEB_1

Typically, a section of new hosing or piping with a cone filter attached at the end gives the engine enough extra sound that it suffices. We've all been guilty of it at one point or another. We here at Mishimoto, though, believe in doing more than just swapping a few components for some volume and maybe some power, which means we're starting from scratch.

Honda Civic 10th gen Mishimoto's 2017 Type R Intake R&D Thread 072617_NLT___WEB_8

In order to build a quality intake, we have to re-engineer just about every component in the system. The starting point is the MAF. Ideally, we want you to be able to just drop in this new system and not have to worry about taking it directly to the tuner, which means our engineer, Ye, will have to create a new housing that is close to the same size as the stock design. From there the rest of the pieces fall into place, and we can start fabricating the airbox and silicone hose.

Honda Civic 10th gen Mishimoto's 2017 Type R Intake R&D Thread 080117_NLT_CTR_Intake_WEB_4

Honda Civic 10th gen Mishimoto's 2017 Type R Intake R&D Thread 080717_NLT_CTR_Intake_WEB_3

Make sure to head over to our blog to check out the full write up on our Type R intake.

As always feel free to bombard me with questions, comments, or concerns!

-Nick

Raw 381

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Integra w JDM ITR 98 spec, 2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
Hey Guys!

As promised, I have a big update for you!

Light-Paint_WEB.jpg

(I wish i could take credit for this shot, but our other very talented blogger here stayed late for some light painting the other week)

As many of you might know, we've been working pretty hard on this project over the past few weeks, and finally I can show you the fruits of our labor!

I'm sure many of you are on the same page that intakes are typically one of the first modifications anyone makes to their car. It's not really much of a surprise either, since stock intakes are always riddled with silencers, ugly hoses, and panel filters, all things that we enthusiasts typically try to avoid.

071917_NLT_CTR_AI_WEB_1.jpg

Typically, a section of new hosing or piping with a cone filter attached at the end gives the engine enough extra sound that it suffices. We've all been guilty of it at one point or another. We here at Mishimoto, though, believe in doing more than just swapping a few components for some volume and maybe some power, which means we're starting from scratch.

072617_NLT___WEB_8.jpg

In order to build a quality intake, we have to re-engineer just about every component in the system. The starting point is the MAF. Ideally, we want you to be able to just drop in this new system and not have to worry about taking it directly to the tuner, which means our engineer, Ye, will have to create a new housing that is close to the same size as the stock design. From there the rest of the pieces fall into place, and we can start fabricating the airbox and silicone hose.

080117_NLT_CTR_Intake_WEB_4.jpg

080717_NLT_CTR_Intake_WEB_3.jpg

Make sure to head over to our blog to check out the full write up on our Type R intake.

As always feel free to bombard me with questions, comments, or concerns!

-Nick
The only question I'll have is when can I buy it!!! Sign me up :nixon:lol
I'm glad you're working on a direct fit bolt on with no tuning necessary!!

Froggie3kb

HondaProKevin.com
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.HondaProKevin.com
Vehicle(s)
CTR, S2000, RSX-S, Accord, CR-V
Country flag
Awesome work Nick! Many thanks to you guys @Mishimoto for going that extra mile and posting up all the nitty-gritty behind the scenes info for us...

Do you have an ETA on when you'll be posting dyno info? ETA on release date if everything goes smoothly from here on out?

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #1254
Country flag
Wow! Very powerful information. It was a great read thank you!
will there be a heat shield around the cone? @Mishimoto

edit: i see the black aluminum box in the pic now :thumbsup:
Absolutely! Thanks for taking the time to check it out!

And yup, we're creating a whole new airbox built around our new filter. We might have a few tricks and ideas up our sleeve on having it match the aesthetic of the engine bay a little more, so I'll keep you guys informed on that.

The only question I'll have is when can I buy it!!! Sign me up :nixon:lol
I'm glad you're working on a direct fit bolt on with no tuning necessary!!
i agree with raw 381
We figured it was much easier for you guys to go this route, instead of having to take your new intake straight to the tuner. That being said, it's still going to produce the most power with a tune, but you're definitely still going to see some good results!

Unfortunately, it's still a little too early to have a release date set in stone, but I can definitely say that you'll be seeing presale links before the end of the year. Right now we're putting some miles on the prototype to ensure that we're not going to throw a CEL down the line, and then we can order a production sample. Once we have that back, we'll have a much better idea on the rest of the release dates.

This is the type of R&D I like to see!
Glad to be of service! :headbang:

Awesome work Nick! Many thanks to you guys @Mishimoto for going that extra mile and posting up all the nitty-gritty behind the scenes info for us...

Do you have an ETA on when you'll be posting dyno info? ETA on release date if everything goes smoothly from here on out?
Thank you! and I and the rest of us here are really appreciative of you guys taking the time to check out the blog!

Right now the plan is to have you guys the next big update hopefully by this time next month. The reason for the gap is mostly because, I grabbed a ton of photos and video during the tests and have to edit it all together.

Like I was explaining to Raw 381, we don't have a set release date just yet, we still have to sample our kit first, but that should be happening shortly!

NEED DYNO RESULTS
Hang in there! The plan is to have those within a month from now, nothing's set in stone just yet, but they're coming!

Thanks again guys!

-Nick

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
I'm still interested!

Banshee

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3, 07 Civic Si, 17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@Mishimoto
Well, if you need anyone else to test it out, I will take one for the team an offer my services. So just send me one, and I cam. Install it and run it through the gauntlet.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.