Status
Not open for further replies.

ctrmofo

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 lambo lp550-2, '18 honda ctr cw (r-12321), 14' porsche cayman s, '16 porsche macan s, '13 mini jcw nme stage 1, '15 audi s3 apr stage 2, '15 audi q3, '12 monster 1100 evo, '16 triumph thruxton r, deposited for '19 lambo huracan performante
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hondata tuning has had no issues with Mishimoto intake...FYI
Sponsored

bobafettm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Lotus Exige; 2018 & 2021 Honda Type R
Country flag
Has there been any reports of CEL issues with the Mishimoto without a tune? I'm under the impression that the stock ecu has no issue with this (unlike the Injen).

ctrmofo

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 lambo lp550-2, '18 honda ctr cw (r-12321), 14' porsche cayman s, '16 porsche macan s, '13 mini jcw nme stage 1, '15 audi s3 apr stage 2, '15 audi q3, '12 monster 1100 evo, '16 triumph thruxton r, deposited for '19 lambo huracan performante
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Has there been any reports of CEL issues with the Mishimoto without a tune? I'm under the impression that the stock ecu has no issue with this (unlike the Injen).
haven't seen any in that scenario. mine is arriving this friday so will install this weekend on my bonestock (not for long) ctr and let you know ;-)

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #1254
Country flag
Oh have you guys been in touch with Ktuner regarding this? Is your MAF housing a different size than stock?

Also wanted to give a shout out to Nick @Mishimoto for the great service and for putting up with me lol. My intake is on the way and super excited to get it installed. I'll make sure to upload pics/vids as soon as i do.
Ye made some slight adjustments to the housing so that we could squeeze some more power out the kit.

And no sweat! I just wanted to make sure we got your intake in the mail ;)

Hondata tuning has had no issues with Mishimoto intake...FYI
We were fortunate enough to get one of our kits out to them while they were working on the FlashPro, and with the help of @revin9k the two play pretty well with each other

So far we haven't seen any CELs on the stock tune, even though we did adjust the size a bit. But we put plenty of miles on our CTR to make sure we were keeping the fuel trims within a safe range!

-Nick

PwrOfDreams

It ain't a Type R then it ain't a tight car
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Other
Country flag
Ye made some slight adjustments to the housing so that we could squeeze some more power out the kit.

And no sweat! I just wanted to make sure we got your intake in the mail ;)

We were fortunate enough to get one of our kits out to them while they were working on the FlashPro, and with the help of @revin9k the two play pretty well with each other

So far we haven't seen any CELs on the stock tune, even though we did adjust the size a bit. But we put plenty of miles on our CTR to make sure we were keeping the fuel trims within a safe range!

-Nick
That’s a relief to know that I would not expect to get CEL’s for the stock tune from this intake. When I heard there was someobe with a CEL from this intake. I was already debating on not installing it before it even arrived on my doorstep.

Chee_hu

First Name
Sherwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
#611 Rallye Red CTR | 1998 Civic EX | 2007 Honda Fit Sport
Country flag
That’s a relief to know that I would not expect to get CEL’s for the stock tune from this intake. When I heard there was someobe with a CEL from this intake. I was already debating on not installing it before it even arrived on my doorstep.
That's a benefit of having the company perform a rigorous R&D for a part instead of rushing to have the product out just to make some $$$ or be the first in market ;)

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
Oh have you guys been in touch with Ktuner regarding this? Is your MAF housing a different size than stock?

Also wanted to give a shout out to Nick @Mishimoto for the great service and for putting up with me lol. My intake is on the way and super excited to get it installed. I'll make sure to upload pics/vids as soon as i do.
I've been told by Mishimoto support it is the identical size in order to prevent MAF related CEL's, but on the forum I'm seeing it's 'slightly bigger.' I'm the one still holding out for a MAF housing that's .5" larger. :)

Highly unlikely. The Stage 1 tune is almost totally maxing out the range of the MAF, so improvements to airflow will possibly present themselves at this point. The stock tune won't max out the MAF even with a higher-flowing intake system.
To the person having the CEL issue, double check everything is tight and properly lined up etc...just in case. Once double checked, definitely grab a datalog and send it up to KTuner.

GSquared

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R (SGP), 2017 Civic Type-R (PMM - SOLD), 2015 Civic Si (Sold), 2013 Si Turbo (Sold)
Country flag
Highly unlikely. The Stage 1 tune is almost totally maxing out the range of the MAF, so improvements to airflow will possibly present themselves at this point. The stock tune won't max out the MAF even with a higher-flowing intake system.
Stage 1 is maxing out the MAP sensor? I just was told it was 4bar, so it shouldn't be even close!

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
Stage 1 is maxing out the MAP sensor? I just was told it was 4bar, so it shouldn't be even close!
Not map, MAF. The air flow meter.

ctrdeepblue

2018 Civic Type R / R-07443
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I'm having a Customer Support issue with my preorder: my CC was compromised recently, and I had to replace it.

I opened a Mishimoto Support case (Ticket ID: UBG-929-77411) a couple of days ago trying to get help from Mishimoto to update my preorder with my updated CC info, but so far no call back.

I called in today several times during business hours, and the Mishimoto automatic answer indicated their phone system was having issues.

Then, this afternoon, I received an automated CC Decline email (exactly what I was trying to avoid).

I'm really worried my preorder will get cancelled, and I'll be stuck with regular retail pricing.

Nick, please help.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.