Mishimoto's 2017 Type R Intake R&D Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

vanovem1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R, 2007 Honda Civic Si
Installed mine on Monday...got a CEL while in the Stage 1 KTuner flash under WOT. Hooked up by v1.2 and cleared the code for the MAF reading too high. Hasn't come back in comfort or sport mode (stock and stage 0) Other than that, which can be fixed with an altered MAF table this intake is AMAZING. Sounds unreal!
Sponsored

asiandeity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Honda Civic SI, 2017 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Perhaps send the logs to Ktuner and have them develop an altered MAF table for Stage 1? I too have the multi map flashed and will be getting the Mishimoto intake.

MonkeyBoost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R #680 CW, 2011 Mazdaspeed 3
Country flag
Yeah same here with the multi map. I’ll have to keep an eye on this when I install it this weekend. Thanks for the heads up. Def have no problem sending logs to @KTuner if this becomes an issue.

civic_typ3r

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R
^ @civic_typ3r , What he said :p Basically there's not really anything restricting the sound of the turbo, not to mention the flash, so now you're hearing every note in the K20C1's symphony ;) It sounds great by the way, and I've made sure to share it around the office here!

Also, just as a daily update, we're still plugging away at getting those orders processed! Don't worry if you haven't seen any emails from us yet, they're coming!

Thanks guys!

-Nick
Haha i love it... I custom tuned the car today and believe it or not it sounds even more and flutters louder... so happy rn

R-00123

First Name
Dallas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 type r fk8
Country flag
I got really excited for a second, oh who am I kidding I'm still excited haha, atleast it will hold me over till my intake ships.
Honda Civic 10th gen Mishimoto's 2017 Type R Intake R&D Thread Screenshot_20180411-173122

Last edited:

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
Installed mine on Monday...got a CEL while in the Stage 1 KTuner flash under WOT. Hooked up by v1.2 and cleared the code for the MAF reading too high. Hasn't come back in comfort or sport mode (stock and stage 0) Other than that, which can be fixed with an altered MAF table this intake is AMAZING. Sounds unreal!
This is why I wanted to wait for the larger MAF housing intake.

ctrmofo

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 lambo lp550-2, '18 honda ctr cw (r-12321), 14' porsche cayman s, '16 porsche macan s, '13 mini jcw nme stage 1, '15 audi s3 apr stage 2, '15 audi q3, '12 monster 1100 evo, '16 triumph thruxton r, deposited for '19 lambo huracan performante
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
credit where credit is due. nick @Mishimoto has been very good and got my order taken care of so both ctr intake and oil catch can are on their way with tracking numbers.

thanks, nick...keep up the great work!:thumbsup:

R-00123

First Name
Dallas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 type r fk8
Country flag
It seems to me that the inside of the intake box will be cooled by the incoming air but the outside would be getting a lot of engine compartment heat that would effect the overall intake air temps.

Would there be any benefit to wrapping the intake box with gold heat shield and is there room for the wrap?
I'm interested about gold heat wrapping the box too, just don't wanna get tape residue all over the place if it really isn't beneficial.

J35W2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'00 supercharged Civic Si (sold), '06 Civic Si (sold) , '14 V6-6MT Accord Coupe (sold), '17 CTR #1637, '18 Civic LX Hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well Damn. I was worried about this. Was planning to install my intake this weekend, but I’m not cool with throwing a CEL for a little power & improved sound. I’m going to leave this on the shelf and see if KTuner offers a calibration to address this. If not, may just have to sell the intake. Car makes great power with stage 1, IC & stock airbox. This is pretty disappointing, but going to keep an eye on this thread & see what happens.

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #1254
Country flag
Glad to hear you're enjoying the intake! Sorry to hear about the CEL, but that issue is on our radar and we're looking into it!

Yeah same here with the multi map. I’ll have to keep an eye on this when I install it this weekend. Thanks for the heads up. Def have no problem sending logs to @KTuner if this becomes an issue.
Let us know how the install goes and if you happen to run into any issues with the KTuner

Haha i love it... I custom tuned the car today and believe it or not it sounds even more and flutters louder... so happy rn
Btw we put down on current mods remus exhaust, ktuned dp/fp and mishi intake... running ktuner, 352whp/385wtq
Always glad to hear from a happy customer! And quite impressive numbers you're putting down!

I got really excited for a second, oh who am I kidding I'm still excited haha, atleast it will hold me over till my intake ships.
Honda Civic 10th gen Mishimoto's 2017 Type R Intake R&D Thread {filename}
:dance:

credit where credit is due. nick @Mishimoto has been very good and got my order taken care of so both ctr intake and oil catch can are on their way with tracking numbers.

thanks, nick...keep up the great work!:thumbsup:
Much appreciated! :D Thank you and everyone here for your patience!

Very happy with the intake. Got to thank Nick @Mishimoto for the hand written note. Thanks again. Can't wait for that intercooler now!

:nixon: Glad to hear it! And not too much long for that intercooler now

Well Damn. I was worried about this. Was planning to install my intake this weekend, but I’m not cool with throwing a CEL for a little power & improved sound. I’m going to leave this on the shelf and see if KTuner offers a calibration to address this. If not, may just have to sell the intake. Car makes great power with stage 1, IC & stock airbox. This is pretty disappointing, but going to keep an eye on this thread & see what happens.
We're hoping to have a solution for this issue ASAP! Last thing we want is for you guys to be throwing codes! We'll be sure to keep you guys posted once we have more info!

Thanks again guys!

-Nick

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #1254
Country flag
Here's an update guys.

Beat me to the punch! Also wanted to give you guys an update on orders not shipping out from DE, and that our Nevada warehouse is experiencing some delays which could effect getting the distributor orders out and some of our end consumer ones as well. We're hoping it shouldn't take too long to catch up though, and we'll definitely do our best to keep you guys updated!

Thanks!

-Nick

MonkeyBoost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R #680 CW, 2011 Mazdaspeed 3
Country flag
Glad to hear you're enjoying the intake! Sorry to hear about the CEL, but that issue is on our radar and we're looking into it!

We're hoping to have a solution for this issue ASAP! Last thing we want is for you guys to be throwing codes! We'll be sure to keep you guys posted once we have more info!

Thanks again guys!

-Nick
Oh have you guys been in touch with Ktuner regarding this? Is your MAF housing a different size than stock?

Also wanted to give a shout out to Nick @Mishimoto for the great service and for putting up with me lol. My intake is on the way and super excited to get it installed. I'll make sure to upload pics/vids as soon as i do.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.