Status
Not open for further replies.

JDhonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 CTR #2043, 03 S2000, 05 Element, 69 Charger

Thanks @Mishimoto im having an orgasm rn!! Haha
omg does that ever sounds awesome! i checked out your video. Do you have something different done to give it that sound? its much different that the other posts ive seen, yours seems to have a flutter sound?
Sponsored

secretaznman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ CRV & 17’ CTR #3284
Country flag
I got mine on last night :) it definitely sounds way cooler now haha. Probably not as loud as injen being enclosed in a box. You still hear it good and have peace of mind knowing it'll stay cooler temps. And as the turbo spools you hear it breathe!
0410181720.jpg
0410181720a.jpg
Cooler temps is why I’m upgrading from injen to Mishi. I know it probably won’t be as loud but I can sacrifice some sound for cooler temps.

tyebo5

Type R For Life!
First Name
Tye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR ChampionshipWhite
Country flag
Cooler temps is why I’m upgrading from injen to Mishi. I know it probably won’t be as loud but I can sacrifice some sound for cooler temps.
Hey did you have any problems running with the Injen intake?

civic_typ3r

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R
omg does that ever sounds awesome! i checked out your video. Do you have something different done to give it that sound? its much different that the other posts ive seen, yours seems to have a flutter sound?
Well i have.... DP/Fp from ktuned, Reaonated Remus and ktuner stage one..... no cel as of now and i went up to 120mph, idk if im crazy but it feels faster on the top end! Also I followed the installation video step by step pretty straight foward

civic_typ3r

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R
Mine does not flutter like that at all. I wonder if something is wrong with his set up?
Nothing wrong brother followed step by step on video pretty straight forward, current mods dp/fp ktuned, resonated remus exhaust and ktuner stage one

ctrmofo

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 lambo lp550-2, '18 honda ctr cw (r-12321), 14' porsche cayman s, '16 porsche macan s, '13 mini jcw nme stage 1, '15 audi s3 apr stage 2, '15 audi q3, '12 monster 1100 evo, '16 triumph thruxton r, deposited for '19 lambo huracan performante
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@Mishimoto ppl are wondering why i have a flutter sound on my intake? Could it be from my other mods? Dp fp from ktuned and remus resonated exhaust. And ktuner stage one. No CEL as of now and i even went up to 120mph car feels faster on top end but i might be wrong!
it's absolutely normal and is called compressor surge. it happens on open throttle or closed throttle. the sound and pitch is different depending on open or closed throttle, on length of intake pipe, length air has to go through the intercooler, etc. happens when the excess air has nowhere to go when you back off the throttle and turbo still spinning or when you're on the throttle and some back pressure occurs. the ctr stock turbo is small so not that much "fluttering sounds", but if it was a bigger turbo, you'll definitely hear the same thing but much much more pronounced.

there's nothing wrong. your intake is now more "open" to the sounds because the stock intake muffles the sounds which were there but suppressed for engine quietness per honda's specs (all mfgers quiet down the sounds with mufflers). you just hear it more now...

bobafettm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Lotus Exige; 2018 & 2021 Honda Type R
Country flag
Email just came saying it's shipped! :D I'm going to order up the AMSOIL fluids that way I can do the fluids and intake all at once after break in.

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #1254
Country flag
@Mishimoto ppl are wondering why i have a flutter sound on my intake? Could it be from my other mods? Dp fp from ktuned and remus resonated exhaust. And ktuner stage one. No CEL as of now and i even went up to 120mph car feels faster on top end but i might be wrong!
it's absolutely normal and is called compressor surge. it happens on open throttle or closed throttle. the sound and pitch is different depending on open or closed throttle, on length of intake pipe, length air has to go through the intercooler, etc. happens when the excess air has nowhere to go when you back off the throttle and turbo still spinning or when you're on the throttle and some back pressure occurs. the ctr stock turbo is small so not that much "fluttering sounds", but if it was a bigger turbo, you'll definitely hear the same thing but much much more pronounced.

there's nothing wrong. your intake is now more "open" to the sounds because the stock intake muffles the sounds which were there but suppressed for engine quietness per honda's specs (all mfgers quiet down the sounds with mufflers). you just hear it more now...
^ @civic_typ3r , What he said :p Basically there's not really anything restricting the sound of the turbo, not to mention the flash, so now you're hearing every note in the K20C1's symphony ;) It sounds great by the way, and I've made sure to share it around the office here!

Also, just as a daily update, we're still plugging away at getting those orders processed! Don't worry if you haven't seen any emails from us yet, they're coming!

Thanks guys!

-Nick

Cyoda

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2019 Tundra CrewMax
Country flag
It seems to me that the inside of the intake box will be cooled by the incoming air but the outside would be getting a lot of engine compartment heat that would effect the overall intake air temps.

Would there be any benefit to wrapping the intake box with gold heat shield and is there room for the wrap?

ctrmofo

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 lambo lp550-2, '18 honda ctr cw (r-12321), 14' porsche cayman s, '16 porsche macan s, '13 mini jcw nme stage 1, '15 audi s3 apr stage 2, '15 audi q3, '12 monster 1100 evo, '16 triumph thruxton r, deposited for '19 lambo huracan performante
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Email just came saying it's shipped! :D I'm going to order up the AMSOIL fluids that way I can do the fluids and intake all at once after break in.
you and me both...i'm still frustrated about the order and multiple emails i just received: cc declined (when it's already billed), confirmation, changed, etc. no clue!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.