CivicR316

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic type r and a 2013 chevy silverado hd
Country flag
298 horsepower and 304 ft/lbs of torque. I'll make sure to have a dyno chart up of our CTR once it goes on the dyno too!

-Nick
is the intake your designing going to require a diff tune due to the MAF sensor and when is it going to be available ?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #1254
Country flag
is the intake your designing going to require a diff tune due to the MAF sensor and when is it going to be available ?
The plan is to design this intake so that it does not require any additional tuning. As for the release, it's a little too early in the game to give any exact release date. We'll have a better idea on that the further we move into the project.

Speaking of, the stock airbox spent some time on our flowbench today for some baseline testing.

Honda Civic 10th gen Mishimoto's 2017 Type R Intake R&D Thread 071017_NLT_CTR_Intake_WEB_1

Stay tuned for updates!

-Nick

SaiHayashi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FN2R NHB 2008; NA8 MX-5 turbo 2013; LandRover Discovery 2016; FK8R CW 2017
Country flag
The plan is to design this intake so that it does not require any additional tuning. As for the release, it's a little too early in the game to give any exact release date. We'll have a better idea on that the further we move into the project.

Speaking of, the stock airbox spent some time on our flowbench today for some baseline testing.

Honda Civic 10th gen Mishimoto's 2017 Type R Intake R&D Thread 071017_NLT_CTR_Intake_WEB_1

Stay tuned for updates!

-Nick
Would you be able to manufacture a maf sensor adaptor / test pipe that we can play with while we wait for your full kit?
That would be real nice.

Ruckus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R. 2012 Honda Ruckus. 2001 civic sedan. 2012 accord sedan.
Country flag
awesome keep up the good work! cant wait to see what you come up with :headbang:

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #1254
Country flag
Would you be able to manufacture a maf sensor adaptor / test pipe that we can play with while we wait for your full kit?
That would be real nice.
In that case you would have to wait longer for the full kit ;) Our engineers have been working pretty hard on this one, and we have this whole week set up for testing, so it shouldn't be too much longer!

awesome keep up the good work! cant wait to see what you come up with :headbang:
Greatly appreciated!

-Nick

y4ngel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BB CTR
Country flag
How difficult was the stock intake to remove, did you have to go underneath the car or remove any other panels?

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #1254
Country flag
:nixon:

How difficult was the stock intake to remove, did you have to go underneath the car or remove any other panels?
It's not too difficult, basically what you need to do before pulling the airbox is just pop out the weatherstripping around the intake, then take off the scoop. From there it's just two bolts and a grommet holding the box in. Other than that just some hose clamps around the rubber boot.

-Nick

fk8_#798

First Name
pablo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 civic is fully built engine and tranny supercharged e85 , 2017 civic touring 1.5t sedan., 2017 civic type r hatchback 2.0 turbocharged
298 horsepower and 304 ft/lbs of torque. I'll make sure to have a dyno chart up of our CTR once it goes on the dyno too!

-Nick
BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! i'am having my type r dyno the 25th by jtunes in wilmington ., to see what she also does....some of the ctr are hitting 300-301-295-and now 298whp impressive......and i know this is pump 93? since i also live in delaware., newcastle having the same temps we should hit the same

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #1254
Country flag
BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! i'am having my type r dyno the 25th by jtunes in wilmington ., to see what she also does....some of the ctr are hitting 300-301-295-and now 298whp impressive......and i know this is pump 93? since i also live in delaware., newcastle having the same temps we should hit the same
The real shoutout goes to the guy who let us borrow his :p Ours should be hitting the dyno fairly soon, though. We've been too busy working on the intake and intercooler, but I'll make sure to have our numbers up asap!

-Nick

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #1254
Country flag
Hey Guys,

Just wanted to bump the thread to let you know that updates are on the way! Also wanted to give you a little tease on the project, and we're doing some flow bench testing

Honda Civic 10th gen Mishimoto's 2017 Type R Intake R&D Thread 072617_NLT_CTR_Intake_WEB_1

More info on that will come in our second blog post!

-Nick

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #1254
Country flag
Hey Guys,

Just bumping the thread for some more updates!

Before we can get into improving on Honda's initial design for the CTR, we have to take a look at how they engineered it in the first place.

Honda Civic 10th gen Mishimoto's 2017 Type R Intake R&D Thread 072617_NLT_CTR_Intake_WEB_7

Since the extreme aero is half of what makes the Type R so fast around the Nurburgring, Honda didn't want to waste any of the airflow passing through the multitude of slots and grilles incorporated into the front of the car, and practically embedded it into the front clip. In order to get a closer look, we had to dig it out.

Honda Civic 10th gen Mishimoto's 2017 Type R Intake R&D Thread 071917_NLT_CTR_AI_WEB_13

I have to say, this is one of the most peculiar looking airboxes I've ever encountered. It reminds me a little bit of middle school band class if I'm being honest, but Honda had their reasons.

For a deeper dive into the stock system, check out the stock review over on our Engineering Blog.

I'll get more into our flow results and of course the rest of what was peeking over our flow bench in the next updates!

Thanks
Nick

Last edited:

GSquared

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R (SGP), 2017 Civic Type-R (PMM - SOLD), 2015 Civic Si (Sold), 2013 Si Turbo (Sold)
Country flag
Hey Guys,

Just bumping the thread for some more updates! The first post for this project is live on our Engineering Blog, so head over there and check it out.

I'll get more into our flow results and of course the rest of what was peeking over our flow bench in the next updates!

Thanks
Nick
Heads up you spelled Porsches, "Porches" in the blog. I don't think there are any porches out on the 'Ring :p

Can't wait to see the numbers from the flow results!

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #1254
Country flag
Heads up you spelled Porsches, "Porches" in the blog. I don't think there are any porches out on the 'Ring :p

Can't wait to see the numbers from the flow results!
Haha yeah I could see where having a porch on the 'Ring would get a little dicey. Thanks for the heads up ;)

-Nick

Froggie3kb

HondaProKevin.com
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.HondaProKevin.com
Vehicle(s)
CTR, S2000, RSX-S, Accord, CR-V
Country flag
Hey Guys,

Just bumping the thread for some more updates!

Before we can get into improving on Honda's initial design for the CTR, we have to take a look at how they engineered it in the first place.

Honda Civic 10th gen Mishimoto's 2017 Type R Intake R&D Thread 072617_NLT_CTR_Intake_WEB_7

Since the extreme aero is half of what makes the Type R so fast around the Nurburgring, Honda didn't want to waste any of the airflow passing through the multitude of slots and grilles incorporated into the front of the car, and practically embedded it into the front clip. In order to get a closer look, we had to dig it out.

Honda Civic 10th gen Mishimoto's 2017 Type R Intake R&D Thread 071917_NLT_CTR_AI_WEB_13

I have to say, this is one of the most peculiar looking airboxes I've ever encountered. It reminds me a little bit of middle school band class if I'm being honest, but Honda had their reasons.

For a deeper dive into the stock system, check out the stock review over on our Engineering Blog.

Thanks
Nick
After checking out your blog, I have a newfound respect for your business...

I've always, for some reason, just thought of Mishimoto as one of the many companies out there that just slap together stuff to sell it and there was no real R&D behind it. I was definitely wrong and have to pass along my apologies for ever thinking that.

That's turned me from someone that would have probably never considered any of your parts (not to sound snobby) for my cars and current Type R to where I'm looking forward to seeing what you guys come up with as I'm sure I'll be running some of your goodies in the near future.

Thanks for going the extra mile and providing us with content that you really didn't have to.

Status
Not open for further replies.