Country flag

y4ngel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BB CTR
Country flag
Exactly what I was thinking...

Ever since I stumbled across that intake months ago when we found out we were getting the CTR I hoped we would get something similar for our FK8. Word is they are working on a similar setup for the FK8 over at Eventuri.
How does the Eventuri intake deal with hydrolocking / getting water in the intake?

Froggie3kb

HondaProKevin.com
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.HondaProKevin.com
Vehicle(s)
CTR, S2000, RSX-S, Accord, CR-V
Country flag
How does the Eventuri intake deal with hydrolocking / getting water in the intake?
Hmm... Lol that's a good question and something I didn't even think about. I'm off to do some digging now on their website etc as they have to have some design to combat that.

Dr_Drache

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 CRX - 2017 FK8 TypeR
Country flag
I can't say how, because I had forgotten where I read this; but the hydrolock problem is not really a problem 99% of the time for a FI car, even a normal rain isn't enough to do it;
you would have to actually get enough liquid water past the turbo, and all the way into a cylinder. it happens, but not as often as we'd like to think.

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR#1348
Country flag
Hey Guys!

I am happy to announce that after months of waiting our very own Type-R rolled into the shop yesterday!

Honda Civic 10th gen Mishimoto's 2017 Type R Intake R&D Thread 062817_NLT_CIVR_GEN_WEB_2

We've been very eager to get under the hood of one of these, so much so that on Monday we had a loaner vehicle lined up so we could get a head start on he long list of projects for these, and it was all hands on deck.

Honda Civic 10th gen Mishimoto's 2017 Type R Intake R&D Thread 062817_NLT_CIVR_Intake_WEB_3

First up on the list for you guys is the development of a performance intake kit to help that K20 breathe better, and our intake guru, Ye has already been working on creating 3D models of the stock airbox and induction hose to determine our build envelope.

Honda Civic 10th gen Mishimoto's 2017 Type R Intake R&D Thread 062817_NLT_CIVR_Intake_WEB_1

I'll have updates for you guys as soon as possible, but until then feel free to ask any questions you might have, or let me know if you have any suggestions!

-Nick
Carbon Fiber? :spaz:

Reactions: JYR
OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #1254
Country flag
Is the intake going to be carbon fiber?
As of right now, nothing is set in stone, but it's definitely a consideration

that thing better not throw a CEL
All part of the plan ;)

I hope it's as good as
http://www.eventuri.net/products/honda-civic-fk2-type-r/

that thing is sick... lol
Damn that's slick! But unfortunately for us, they already have that patented, so we're going with a Mishi Origininal :)

Have you guys baseline dynoed the car yet?
Our loaner CTR went on the dyno almost immediately, and we're going to have a dyno video up very shortly. Our's Is going to spend some time on our Dynapacks after the holiday.

if I had a type R I wouldn't change a thing. except tint
Thanks for posting up @Mishimoto! Looking forward to seeing what you guys come up with and if there's room for a nice increase in HP/TQ...
Absolutely! I'll keep you guys updated. This got moved to the top of Ye's to do list, so I'll have some more details for you guys as soon as I have them.

Also, I'm pleasantly surprised how quickly this thread got moving! I'll be doing my best to keep up with you guys!

-Nick

MonkeyBoost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R #680 CW, 2011 Mazdaspeed 3
Country flag
For those of you asking/wondering about a benchline test, here's what we got on our loaner vehicle. Our CTR will be mounted up to the Dynapacks after the holiday.

Removed the video??

Status
Not open for further replies.