Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Since we are all sharing @LilToTo17 ;), Here's a small snippet of IAT1 and IAT2 during a second gear pull (or coming off a pull to change gears). Ambient temp was around 103 degrees F. Mishimoto Performance IC, stock charge piping

Ktuner Datalog.JPG
Northern Cali doesn’t usually have ambient temps in the 100’s lol unless this was from summer
Sponsored

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
Northern Cali doesn’t usually have ambient temps in the 100’s lol unless this was from summer
Yeah, it was last summer during a heat wave! Maybe around August

turbociv910

First Name
taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SGP Civic Type R, Audi Q5
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Are you saying that I just go with Mishimoto?
Im happy with mine. It was between a black mishimoto or Garrett. PRL has a logo on the front that i dont care for.

OP
OP
saiko21

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan (Sold) , 2005 Toyota Corolla (Sold)
Country flag
Im happy with mine. It was between a black mishimoto or Garrett. PRL has a logo on the front that i dont care for.
Mishimoto is expensive compared to PRL :eek:. I will wait for 27Won and order it once the stock is back.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
Mishimoto is expensive compared to PRL :eek:. I will wait for 27Won and order it once the stock is back.
Are you talking about with or without the charge pipes? You don't need the charge pipes, stock piping works great. You can probably find it on Amazon for under $550 without the piping

OP
OP
saiko21

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Are you talking about with or without the charge pipes? You don't need the charge pipes, stock piping works great. You can probably find it on Amazon for under $550 without the piping
It's better to spend $300 more and get the whole kit from 27Won than spending $550+tax just for the intercooler

OP
OP
saiko21

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Should also add the Garrett intercooler to this topic.
Yes, but $600 just for the intercooler without piping is way expensive. I know garrett is named brand for turbos but still can't justify the price tag

highroller

First Name
U Hash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5 Turbo
Country flag
For me, it was a toss-up between PRL and 27Won. I decided to go with 27Won because I've been following the development for quite some time and liked how transparent 27Won was with development. With them also postponing the release to go back to the drawing board after running into some fitment issues, it speaks loudly on how they care about their products.

I did manage to get into 27Won's second FMIC batch and received my FMIC last Friday. Still haven't gotten a chance to install due to unprecedented work situations, but hopefully that changes in the next couple of days.

While I do not own the PRL FMIC, I would recommend it and I'm fairly certain many other forum members would say the same. Their products are also top-notch, as I own a PRL Cobra Street CAI, which I highly enjoy as well as recommend.
before you install get IATs datalog.d so that it can be compared with post 27won IC performance.

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@LilToTo17 How much drop in IAT? you said dropping like a rock but it would be better if you can give some number. I will check with them as $315 is quite cheaper

Update: Dude it's a crappy copy of PRL intercooler. I would rather spend more and wait for 27Won or PRL IC. It's better to stick with OEM rather than PLM IC :doh:
Lol it's way better vs oem and in terms of efficiency like my logs show that it does indeed do it's job. Not to mention I am tuned by DRob and he said everything looks well on my logs

FC1Dawn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
before you install get IATs datalog.d so that it can be compared with post 27won IC performance.
Don't worry, I already did a datalog with three back-to-back pulls with OEM intercooler a month ago. After I install the 27Won FMIC, I'll be doing a datalog comparison. Keep an eye out for that!

MONK13

First Name
MIKE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CIVIC Si
Country flag
@saiko21
They are ALL good choices.
I would say what it comes down to is the option(s) / kit(s) they are configurable in. Like the charge hoses in larger diameter etc. if you are sticking with the stock turbo, I would recommend staying with the stock charge piping diameter.
For example:
Opting for a Mishimoto you can obtain the IC as a stand alone and the PRL Silicone Charge Pipe Hose ugrade. That does away with the less resilient stock rubber hoses.

The end results would all be close to the same, biggest difference is the price paid.
I bought the Mishimoto on whim as they advertised 45% Off, so i bought the whole kit w/ pipes for about $500 which was less than it cost to install it. I normally do all the part installations myself but I was dreading the hassle, now I whine about the install cost. If I had known 27Won was working on an IC, I still would have bought this one as they seem to all be about the same performance wise & I couldn't wait for them to get theirs into production back then. Cost is the most significant aspect then quality..then again a great deal is a great deal.

I live in Texas, a great intercooler is a no brainer here.Stock wont cut it.

varge

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5T 4D Elegance EUDM
Country flag
Just to add an option, I went with the Wagner Intercooler, with their piping on the stock turbo. IAT2 just stays 7-10 over ambient, even after a 0-220km/h acceleration (so ~30 seconds of full boost). What is more, it seems that it has very low pressure drop (even with piping / compared to 27WON) and I have noticed increased air flow at the same pressure level (MAP) which probably means the turbo works a little bit more efficiently (we all know we push the stock turbo beyond efficiency at times...)
Here is the EU site version but I know they have a shop in the US too : https://www.wagner-tuningshop.de/pr...r-kit-honda-civic-15vtec-turbo-200001114.html
Sponsored