Mishimoto Short Ram Intake Sound

teebee288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2017 hatchback sport, Mazda CX-3 2017, polaris rzr 1000s 2017
Country flag
Are you running a tune with your intake? Thinking of getting a Mishimoto SRI but have heard of people talking about getting a tune along with it to correct the air/fuel mixture.

You can run your mishimoto intake without a tune, it will be a littlebit more richer but no worry at all. Sure an intake screw up a littlebit your maf scale and it's why with mishimoto you run richer but Dont run an intake 10 years without a tune on your car.
Sponsored

Andy123az

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Acura MDX Tech, 2016 Honda Civic EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You can run your mishimoto intake without a tune, it will be a littlebit more richer but no worry at all. Sure an intake screw up a littlebit your maf scale and it's why with mishimoto you run richer but Dont run an intake 10 years without a tune on your car.
What does one mean by tune. Can I bring it into any shop and they can tune it for me? Or do I have to buy Flashpro myself and tune it. I want to keep the car for quite a while but don't want to risk anything. I also want the intake, but would rather not spend 600 dollars for flashpro.

teebee288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
What does one mean by tune. Can I bring it into any shop and they can tune it for me? Or do I have to buy Flashpro myself and tune it. I want to keep the car for quite a while but don't want to risk anything. I also want the intake, but would rather not spend 600 dollars for flashpro.

You need flashpro or ktuner to have a correct maf scale tuned.then if you can run basemap with safely and dont need a shop for tuning. You can have only your ecu flashed for less $$ without buying flashpro.

Last edited:

paid2play

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Touring, 2017 Honda Hatchback Sport
Anyone find a longer video of how this mishimoto intake sounds?

teebee288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Anyone find a longer video of how this mishimoto intake sounds?

I've done one 2 mounth ago, the sound is not clear but you can hear spooling.

paid2play

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Touring, 2017 Honda Hatchback Sport
Thanks Man!! So are you happy with it? Much improved sound over stock?

teebee288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks Man!! So are you happy with it? Much improved sound over stock?

Mishimoto sound less than injen sri cause of the airbox but you can hear it enought, yes i'm happy with it.

charlesrocket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.charlesrocketphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback EX
You need flashpro or ktuner to have a correct maf scale tuned.then if you can run basemap with safely and dont need a shop for tuning. You can have only your ecu flashed for less $$ without buying flashpro.
so its not a healthy idea to run mishi intake on stock tune? the website state opposite - 'will work on stock tune perfectly'. thought to get one, but don't want to void the warranty just now after reflashing ECU

teebee288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
so its not a healthy idea to run mishi intake on stock tune? the website state opposite - 'will work on stock tune perfectly'. thought to get one, but don't want to void the warranty just now after reflashing ECU

You can run mishimoto safely but your engine will be a little more rich than stock airbox, but dont worry about this. If you plan to keep the car for 10 years ....maybe you should not. Time will tell in this case.

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
You can run mishimoto safely but your engine will be a little more rich than stock airbox, but dont worry about this. If you plan to keep the car for 10 years ....maybe you should not. Time will tell in this case.
Do you need to have it specifically tuned?

I see Hondata's calibration that there is a Mishimoto with the 6 psi but not the 9 psi. Would that mean by engine will be more richer if I ran it with the 9 psi calibration I stead of the 6 with the Mishimoto?

teebee288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Do you need to have it specifically tuned?

I see Hondata's calibration that there is a Mishimoto with the 6 psi but not the 9 psi. Would that mean by engine will be more richer if I ran it with the 9 psi calibration I stead of the 6 with the Mishimoto?

The +6 mishi calib. have the correct maf scale, doug said to me in a email that there is only minor change in the calibration of the maf scale for the mishi intake, i ask him for the +9 with the mishi intake and he said: you can run +9 calibration with mishi intake with no problem.

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
The +6 mishi calib. have the correct maf scale, doug said to me in a email that there is only minor change in the calibration of the maf scale for the mishi intake, i ask him for the +9 with the mishi intake and he said: you can run +9 calibration with mishi intake with no problem.
That's good to hear!

Going to grab me a mishi intake!

Are you running the mishi with the +9?

teebee288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
That's good to hear!

Yes , i run the mishi with the +9 and it run fine, good mpg too. Very satisfied.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That's good to hear!

Last I checked with mishi the intake was out of stock and wouldnt be back until late June and if you wanted the red tube it was middle July.
Sponsored