Mishimoto Performance Intercooler Installed!

NHWhite2019SI

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI sedan, 1997 Toyota 4Runner
Country flag
I looked through Mishimoto’s install instructions and haven’t the foggiest as to what those two silver adapters are. None of the intercooler designed for the SI I’ve opened and inspected have those included.
Now what I did notice is that the caption under that picture doesn’t match what is shown. They are talking about the grommets located under the stock intercooler and swapping them to the new one. I also noticed that the silver adapter they show looks exactly like the red one shown in the picture. I have a feeling they are showing that so you see the orientation of the o-ring on the red adapter. These o-rings are highly important so there is no boost leak from between the pipes and the adapters. I uploaded a copy of the instructions .

Honda Civic 10th gen Mishimoto Performance Intercooler Installed! 2B14CBAF-DD0F-42D3-A620-6D4C2D3871B9
Sponsored

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
I looked through Mishimoto’s install instructions and haven’t the foggiest as to what those two silver adapters are. None of the intercooler designed for the SI I’ve opened and inspected have those included.
Now what I did notice is that the caption under that picture doesn’t match what is shown. They are talking about the grommets located under the stock intercooler and swapping them to the new one. I also noticed that the silver adapter they show looks exactly like the red one shown in the picture. I have a feeling they are showing that so you see the orientation of the o-ring on the red adapter. These o-rings are highly important so there is no boost leak from between the pipes and the adapters. I uploaded a copy of the instructions .

2B14CBAF-DD0F-42D3-A620-6D4C2D3871B9.png
Thanks for clearing that up for me!

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The Mishimoto Intercooler is now installed. Once my mechanic sends me the pics I will post them. It does seem to make a difference, my pulls were much stronger. Next step is to put heat reflective insulating tape on the intercooler pipes and intake above the turbo...

Jes_si562

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si. 1990 Honda civic w d16z6 swap (sold) 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback sport(wifes)
Country flag
The Mishimoto Intercooler is now installed. Once my mechanic sends me the pics I will post them. It does seem to make a difference, my pulls were much stronger. Next step is to put heat reflective insulating tape on the intercooler pipes and intake above the turbo...
That's what ive done to mines makes a 10 degree difference

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Pics of the stock Intercooler and a view of the Mishimoto installed

Honda Civic 10th gen Mishimoto Performance Intercooler Installed! IMG_20190624_173015

Honda Civic 10th gen Mishimoto Performance Intercooler Installed! IMG_20190624_173249

Hollywoo0220

Customer Service oriented (most of the time) :-)
First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dihatsu Charade, BMW, Various Hondas, Focus ST, and VW GTI
Country flag
Hey @amirza786 , no need to wrap the plastic charge pipes bro - they are polymer based and don’t absorb heat like you think. If you have not replaced the charge hoses - get the PRL Upgraded Charge hose kit and that will do better insulating radiant heat. The stock rubber is simply 1ply as opposed to 4ply silicone from the upgrade.

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Hey @amirza786 , no need to wrap the plastic charge pipes bro - they are polymer based and don’t absorb heat like you think. If you have not replaced the charge hoses - get the PRL Upgraded Charge hose kit and that will do better insulating radiant heat. The stock rubber is simply 1ply as opposed to 4ply silicone from the upgrade.
Hey thanks! I only wrapped the intake above the turbo, I wasn't planning on wrapping the charge pipes, to much work! I may replace the charge hoses next year, I think I have done enough for this year (Ktuner, exhaust, Acuity shifter rocker upgrade, Mishimoto intercooler)

Hollywoo0220

Customer Service oriented (most of the time) :-)
First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dihatsu Charade, BMW, Various Hondas, Focus ST, and VW GTI
Country flag
Same thing goes for the TIP as well. It will feel hot to the touch but isn’t transferring heat inside.
Intake Manifold is also polymer, but no one is wrapping up that bad boy either
I don’t envy that Mucho Caliente CA summer that you have to deal with...

Last edited:
OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Same thing goes for the TIP as well. It will feel hot to the touch but isn’t transferring heat inside.
Intake Manifold is also polymer, but no one is wrapping up that bad boy either
I don’t envy that Mucho Caliente CA summer that you have to deal with...
Actually our summers are pretty mild. We do have heat waves that occasionally get into the 90's and 100's, but they usually last a few days. Low humidity gives us cool evenings even in heat waves. SoCal has a bit hotter summers, but summers are more brutal in places like Texas and the East coast. That's why we pay so much to live here!

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The Mishimoto Intercooler is working great. It has definitely increased performance, I seem to be getting better boost and using a laser thermometer there is roughly a 20 degree difference between the hotside and the cold side. I will take some more measurements when we have hotter days, this week we are mostly in the upper 70's so I will wait until we get in the upper 80's and 90's. So far so good!
Sponsored