Votes: 18 28.1%

• Total voters

SFerrusco

First Name
Sergio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si (Ktuner, K&N Intake)
Country flag
Hello Everyone,

I'm planning on buying an intake this weekend, I have made up my mind between these to brands. I know about the Cobra and 27Won intakes but there just too expensive in my opinion and seem more complicated to install.

Please comment your opinions and suggestions.

Thank you!
Sponsored

Driver56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI coupe
Country flag
If I had to choose, and only one of those, I'd go Mishimoto for the box around the filter. You could also just get the PRL stage 1 kit (k&n filter and silicone hose) if you want to save money and get modest gains. The PRL Cobra intake can be found on sale for $350 sometimes, which is not a huge stretch past the two intakes you're looking at.

OP
OP
SFerrusco

SFerrusco

First Name
Sergio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
If I had to choose, and only one of those, I'd go Mishimoto for the box around the filter. You could also just get the PRL stage 1 kit (k&n filter and silicone hose) if you want to save money and get modest gains. The PRL Cobra intake can be found on sale for $350 sometimes, which is not a huge stretch past the two intakes you're looking at.
I would probably go with the PRL Cobra intake if I could get it for $350 but everywhere I look, it goes for $399 + tax.
I didn't know about the PRL stage 1 kit but I'm also looking for the blow off sound and I don't think ill be able to get the sound a want with the kit.

NikkoPH

First Name
Nikko
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan 2016 Honda Pilot Touring
Country flag
I was eyeing Mishimoto intake until a seller told me that the airbox is made out of steel which will lead to heat soak, i went with injen evo instead.

2tone

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic si. 2006 bmw 325i
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I would probably go with the PRL Cobra intake if I could get it for $350 but everywhere I look, it goes for $399 + tax.
I didn't know about the PRL stage 1 kit but I'm also looking for the blow off sound and I don't think ill be able to get the sound a want with the kit.
Members classified is a good way to go. But mishimoto over KN

Jes_si562

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si. 1990 Honda civic w d16z6 swap (sold) 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback sport(wifes)
Country flag
Telling you man get the k&n if you looking for noise I had that intank and it was great !

Mcclaughry95

500hp is the goal.
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Si
Country flag
I have K&N. I just used reflective tape on it to keep the heat issue to a minimum. I dont have aftermarket intercooler and I still stay within 15 degrees of ambient running tsp stage 1.

OP
OP
SFerrusco

SFerrusco

First Name
Sergio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I was eyeing Mishimoto intake until a seller told me that the airbox is made out of steel which will lead to heat soak, i went with injen evo instead.
I think you are able to take the top cover off which would give you a louder noise and it would prevent it from heat soak... Correct me if I'm wrong.

How much does Injen Evo go for?
How long did it take you to install?
How do you like its performance "noise and gains"?

OP
OP
SFerrusco

SFerrusco

First Name
Sergio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Members classified is a good way to go. But mishimoto over KN
What do you mean by members classified? and have you tried both of the intakes? what did you like and dislike about them! thanks!

OP
OP
SFerrusco

SFerrusco

First Name
Sergio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Telling you man get the k&n if you looking for noise I had that intank and it was great !
If i did it over again I'd go k and n or aem
I had my mind set to the K&N intake but most of the reviews that I have read said that the intake is not loud and they always end up switching to a different intake.

2tone

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic si. 2006 bmw 325i
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What do you mean by members classified? and have you tried both of the intakes? what did you like and dislike about them! thanks!
A section on this site where members sell and buy parts, I think there’s two mishi intakes currently on it. And nope haven’t had either just based off others mishi seems good and I like the fact that they have a lot of public R&D

NikkoPH

First Name
Nikko
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan 2016 Honda Pilot Touring
Country flag
I think you are able to take the top cover off which would give you a louder noise and it would prevent it from heat soak... Correct me if I'm wrong.

How much does Injen Evo go for?
How long did it take you to install?
How do you like its performance "noise and gains"?
I got it for $290, luckily fkxracing is just around the corner from my office and he delivered it to me for free. Installation took no longer than 30 minutes, it could have been faster, i had to trim the rubber grommet by a little bit so the 10mm bolt would thread. I didn’t feel any significant gain, i am not expecting any way. Engine growl when acceleration is louder, fuel trims as per my ktuner is on the spot.

Jes_si562

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si. 1990 Honda civic w d16z6 swap (sold) 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback sport(wifes)
Country flag
Dude it the loudest I h
I had my mind set to the K&N intake but most of the reviews that I have read said that the intake is not loud and they always end up switching to a different intake.
Dude the k&n intake has been the loudest intake I had ever had trust me it won't let you down it put a smile on my

PowerPerLiter

Specific Output
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe 91 Talon TSI AWD 6262 280's N20 and 87 Buick Regal T 6776bb built N20
The noise increase is negligible with the mishi. Otherwise it's a phenomenal product.

Removing the lid is drastic noise increase but fuel trims go crazy when you do this. Even just a different style filter drastically affects trims.

These cars are SUPER finicky about the intakes.
Sponsored