Mishimoto Intake question

SilverDyme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
So I bought a mishimoto intake....cant wait!! I wanna hear my baby growl! Anyway, do I need to take out the air resonator in order to get the loudest pppssshhhhh sound???
Sponsored

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan, 2006 civic si coupe
The fact that you are putting the intake on for pretty much a spooling sound. Do you have flash pro? Cause if not this mod will be pointless. I don't get why people waste their money on bolt ons that will do absolutely nothing and not spend the extra money to get flash pro. You are flushing your money down the toilet if you don't tune your car. Sound is not everything. And I apologize if I sound like a dick but I have said this in so many threads, I don't get why people keep asking when the answers are all here. And to answer your question, you just take out the stock air box and intake tube. There are videos on this. Most people will keep the other portion of the stock intake on unless you are installing a full cold air intake. Then you would have to remove it. Having it there won't affect the sound or performance.

Last edited:
OP
OP
SilverDyme

SilverDyme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
The fact that you are putting the intake on for pretty much a spooling sound. Do you have flash pro? Cause if not this mod will be pointless. I don't get why people waste their money on bolt ons that will do absolutely nothing and not spend the extra money to get flash pro. You are flushing your money down the toilet if you don't tune your car. Sound is not everything.
Yeah pretty much thats what I was going for is the sound...i mean its a turbo, who wouldnt want to get an intake, especially if I have the money to buy it, and of course Im going to flash this and tune it. Since its a CVT i need some kind of other enjoyment while driving. The people who have the MT are lucky facks! lol

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah pretty much thats what I was going for is the sound...i mean its a turbo, who wouldnt want to get an intake, especially if I have the money to buy it, and of course Im going to flash this and tune it. Since its a CVT i need some kind of other enjoyment while driving. The people who have the MT are lucky facks! lol
Well I'm glad you are gonna be tuning it. You will get some gains. Not much though, and yes you'll get your cool noises lol. Just make sure you get tuned sooner then later.

OP
OP
SilverDyme

SilverDyme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Well I'm glad you are gonna be tuning it. You will get some gains. Not much though, and yes you'll get your cool noises lol. Just make sure you get tuned sooner then later.
Yezurr!! Muchos gracias senior!

OP
OP
SilverDyme

SilverDyme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
What they said^^^^.But seriously no leave the resonator.I have the Mishimoto and my car is Flash Pro tuned.

IMG_2698.JPG
Nice bro!! Looks hella clean! Do I need to get a flash and a tune ASAP though?

SilverGhost

Ktuner tuned X2 CivicX.
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EXT,2017 Sport Hatchback09 Fit
Vehicle Showcase
Nice bro!! Looks hella clean! Do I need to get a flash and a tune ASAP though?
I waited till Flash Pro was available which was 2 months and no issues but if you can afford to tune it as soon as you can for maximum performance.

OP
OP
SilverDyme

SilverDyme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
You don't have to tune it as soon as you install it. You can drive it for a couple days. Or weeks. But I recommend getting it as soon as you can.
?? couple of days????? whaaaaa???? what if im not planning to flash it until....say in 7 months. What happens if I dont flash it?? will it break my car??

OP
OP
SilverDyme

SilverDyme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
I waited till Flash Pro was available which was 2 months and no issues but if you can afford to tune it as soon as you can for maximum performance.
Do I have to even though Im only doing it for the turbo spool sound and not so much on performance?

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
?? couple of days????? whaaaaa???? what if im not planning to flash it until....say in 7 months. What happens if I dont flash it?? will it break my car??
I would not suggest doing that. You air/fuel will not be where it should and It can damage your car if you run it long periods with a bad ratio.