Not open for further replies.

jefxfree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R, EK hatch
Country flag
@Mishimoto

Just curious, and I don't know if you'll have an answer yet or not...

I'm planning on buying the Spoon radiator cap for my Expansion Tank, but I definitely want to pick this up, do you know if you guys are planning on using the stock cap sizes? Or will you be using a custom cap?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #1254
Country flag
@Mishimoto

Just curious, and I don't know if you'll have an answer yet or not...

I'm planning on buying the Spoon radiator cap for my Expansion Tank, but I definitely want to pick this up, do you know if you guys are planning on using the stock cap sizes? Or will you be using a custom cap?
Sorry for the delay getting back to you on this! But yup, we are planning on retaining the stock cap for this tank, so any aftermarket caps using the same threads should be able to fit!

-Nick

koochieman

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Civic Sedan, 2018 Black CTR
Country flag
looks awesome! I'm interested once available

nemesis249mp

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda CTR, Kia Optima GDS Turbo
Country flag
☝ I agree this is not a performance part that requires testing. I can’t believe how long some of these parts take to be released, not only Mishimoto, in general

CincyTypeR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R #0426. 2014 Accord Coupe V6
Country flag
☝ I agree this is not a performance part that requires testing. I can’t believe how long some of these parts take to be released, not only Mishimoto, in general
I will call it a performance part if any company has one that saves weight. If that is not the case with any of them I won't be buying.

remc86007

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
I think the testing time is warranted. Just look at the issues with Mishimoto's intake.

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #1254
Country flag
@Mishimoto yall need to hurry up before these guys take my money.

107B726D-B5E6-4D2C-A762-ABB7D5CE411A.png
Our tank will be ready before you know it! In fact I'm going to have more info on it out to you guys this week! Not to mention that our's is specifically designed to fit both aesthetically and physically into the CTR's engine bay, and is all one piece ;)

I will call it a performance part if any company has one that saves weight. If that is not the case with any of them I won't be buying.
The weight between this and the stock tank are pretty much negligible actually. Sure our design might weigh a few extra ounces, but what you're also gaining is durability. That stock tank might do ok now, but knowing just how hot the engine bay can get in these cars there's a decent chance that tank won't last. At the end of the day though, we'd rather you be happy with the mods your doing to your CTR though!

I think the testing time is warranted. Just look at the issues with Mishimoto's intake.
We would rather take our time to make sure we're shipping you products that are up to the Mishimoto standards. Sometimes though, there are some things that are out of our control that conflict with our design, like OEM build tolerances for example. Luckily, any issues with our intake can be fixed with some minor adjustments to the mounting brackets ;)

More to come on the expansion tank very soon!

-Nick

jefxfree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R, EK hatch
Country flag
Our tank will be ready before you know it! In fact I'm going to have more info on it out to you guys this week! Not to mention that our's is specifically designed to fit both aesthetically and physically into the CTR's engine bay, and is all one piece ;)

-Nick
Can't wait! :)

Please message me directly so I can buy the first one... ;)

haha
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.