Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #1254
Country flag
Hey CivicX!

Honda Civic 10th gen Mishimoto Civic Type R Oil Cooler R&D Thread IMG_6435

As if it wasn't already a big enough news day out of Mish HQ with the release of the Intercooler Kit, I'm back again to let you know that we've already been working behind the curtain on our Oil Cooler kit, and some more to come!

Keep your eyes peeled in the coming weeks for our full blog write-ups and tech info on the upcoming kit. As always I'm here to answer any questions I can!

-Nick
Sponsored

metal_driver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 TSX (Euro-R mods), 2009 Acura TSX, 2008 MDX, 2011 Shelby GT500, 2018 Type R, 2020 MDX A-Spec
Country flag
Good news :)
Cant wait to see how it turns out

CTR941

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06' Turbo S2000, 06' CBR 600RR, 17' GMC Sierra, 17' CTR, gave up my 08' Si for a CTR
Country flag

metal_driver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 TSX (Euro-R mods), 2009 Acura TSX, 2008 MDX, 2011 Shelby GT500, 2018 Type R, 2020 MDX A-Spec
Country flag
Very interested to see what design/layout Mishi goes with

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #1254
Country flag
Hey Guys,

I just wanted to bump this up with a big update for our Oil Cooler Kit development! As always, make sure you head over to the Engineering Blog to get the full write up!

Honda Civic 10th gen Mishimoto Civic Type R Oil Cooler R&D Thread 091118_NLT_CTR_OC_WEB_4

Clearly, it's no secret that the CTR's engine bay is more like an oven, cooking up just about every fluid that runs through the K20. Especially when it comes to your Civic's lifeblood, the oil. This is what's keeping your engine running smooth and performing to its potential. Once it gets too hot, you start running into thermal breakdown and could seriously shorten the lifespan of the engine. Honda did fit these cars with a factory liquid to liquid oil cooler, but not only is it not able to keep up with the demanding driving conditions this car was built for, but it's putting an extra strain on the already overworked cooling system.

Honda Civic 10th gen Mishimoto Civic Type R Oil Cooler R&D Thread 092617_NLT_CTR_Track_WEB_1

During our track day last Fall that we held to run baseline tests on the CTR's stock system, we saw our oil temps creep up to the 300°F mark in 10 laps, well over the operating temperature for the engine oil. With this in mind we decided that the stock oil cooler needed some extra help.

Honda Civic 10th gen Mishimoto Civic Type R Oil Cooler R&D Thread 091118_NLT_CTR_OC_WEB_3

Make sure that you head over to the Engineering Blog for the full story and a preview on the testing of our Oil Cooler Kit!

As always shoot me any questions, comments or concerns you might have!

-Nick

Ctrnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai veracruz, 2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Can't wait!!! this will be a next year project!!

Status
Not open for further replies.