MugenCivicX

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Unless you're going to be going for big power with a larger turbo, which I'm assuming a lot of us won't be, I just can't see much merit or benefit in spending 500-800 bucks on this for a 3 HP gain. That is NOT to say this isn't a great product with a list of positives, quite the contrary. Say, for those who have tuners, turbo kits, trying to prevent heatsoak, etc. This is definitely also worth it for those who are going to track or autocross. Just my .02 :p

ActiveArch

First Name
Nubar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Unless you're going to be going for big power with a larger turbo, which I'm assuming a lot of us won't be, I just can't see much merit or benefit in spending 500-800 bucks on this for a 3 HP gain. That is NOT to say this isn't a great product with a list of positives, quite the contrary. Say, for those who have tuners, turbo kits, trying to prevent heatsoak, etc. This is definitely also worth it for those who are going to track or autocross. Just my .02 :p
My Si is mostly a daily driver but I do want to autocross it a few to five times a year. The only other performance mod I’ll be doing is a full shifter kit for a solid feel and possibly get a Ktuner down the road. I want to get one other larger mod in the $500 range to just support the engine a bit more and keep it running cool and calm. I don’t really care too much about improving the engine performance significantly, +3 hp and +8 torque on stock and probably a little more with a moderate tune will be the most I’ll want or need to push my car anyway, just want some moderate fun and spirited driving. Do you think the mishimoto intercooler will be a smart buy in my case? Also, I don’t really care if the car sounds better so I feel like spending on an exhaust setup or DP/FP won’t give me the most practical benefit for my likely driving habits. It’s mostly daily with some auto crossing sprinkled throughout the year. What mod would you go with in my case?

MattyNice

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’ve kind of looked at these as this engine seems to be drastically affected by the outside temperature. I mean, we all notice the slight performance difference between say a winter and summer day, but in this car, it’s drastic. I wonder how much these aftermarket intercoolers, not just this one particular, would help alleviate that.

I feel and notice a drastic difference between 80 to 90 degrees like no other car I’ve ever had. With that said, this is my first car w a turbo.

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It's a worth while upgrade. More than 2-3 pulls and the stock intercooler is heat soaked and the car is down on power.

Its not about the gains, more about maintaining the power you already have pull after pull.

MugenCivicX

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
My Si is mostly a daily driver but I do want to autocross it a few to five times a year. The only other performance mod I’ll be doing is a full shifter kit for a solid feel and possibly get a Ktuner down the road. I want to get one other larger mod in the $500 range to just support the engine a bit more and keep it running cool and calm. I don’t really care too much about improving the engine performance significantly, +3 hp and +8 torque on stock and probably a little more with a moderate tune will be the most I’ll want or need to push my car anyway, just want some moderate fun and spirited driving. Do you think the mishimoto intercooler will be a smart buy in my case? Also, I don’t really care if the car sounds better so I feel like spending on an exhaust setup or DP/FP won’t give me the most practical benefit for my likely driving habits. It’s mostly daily with some auto crossing sprinkled throughout the year. What mod would you go with in my case?
Definitely the intercooler. As stated, the car heatsoak very quickly, so if you're doing sustained heavy throttle in a short period of time like autocross or drag racing, this will keep your temps cooler and therefore keep your power in a higher range for a longer period of time. :)

ActiveArch

First Name
Nubar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Definitely the intercooler. As stated, the car heatsoak very quickly, so if you're doing sustained heavy throttle in a short period of time like autocross or drag racing, this will keep your temps cooler and therefore keep your power in a higher range for a longer period of time. :)
Yeah this makes sense, thanks for the advice. :nixon:

Last edited:

bri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2010 G37S
Country flag
Was interested in preordering, but the install video shows chopping of the stock ducts. I believe PRL and Injen claim to keep stock ducting. Not really interested in irreversible cutting my stock ducting.

CrippleRipple

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si (LSM)*SOLD* & 2018 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T (SNP)
Country flag
Since this bolts up to the stock piping my question is do we even need the upgraded piping? This would be great if we could just plug & play this.

ani2017

First Name
Ani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI
If I decide to install the aftermarket intercooler can I run it on the stock tune or would I need to retune the car?