Mileage range indicator

SF94122

First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda civic touring 2018
Sorry if this has been dadressed before but I am at a loss as to what is currently happening to my 2018 civic touring sedan. I purchased my car on my may 1, 2018, when i filled my gas tank with gas, the total mileage indicator on a full tank was reading 345 miles . As of the last 2 months the total mileage indicator reads 285 when I fill my car with gas. I only have 5000 miles on my car and haven't changed my driving habits or am filling my car with gas at
different gas stations. The miles per gallon which I am getting does not seem to be different either. Is this a common problem with civics? Do I need to take it into the dealer to be serviced? I am not due for an oil change yet so I just want to know if this is something that needs to be addressed before my oil change. I jhave even attempted to top off my gas tank but still cannot get the total mileage indicator to go above 285. I just want it to go back reading 345 total miles on a full tank of gas. The car is only 9 months old......I like in the san francisco by area so the weather does not get to cold weather like the east coast. Any insights as to what is causing my indicator to be reading 60 miles less on the total range indicator would be appreciated. Any reccomendatios? Anyone else having this issue. thanks for any imput,
Sponsored

VicPhantom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic 2018
Country flag
that's a bit too much lower.
I got mine 6 months ago, in the first couple runs it read roughly 430 miles, yes that was good weather with new 4 season tires.

Now it's freezing winter here, so with winter tires and 3-5 minutes warm up every time, it reads 370 miles per fill, stable.

did you check with your dealer since it's still in warranty.

OP
OP

SF94122

First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda civic touring 2018
that's a bit too much lower.
I got mine 6 months ago, in the first couple runs it read roughly 430 miles, yes that was good weather with new 4 season tires.

Now it's freezing winter here, so with winter tires and 3-5 minutes warm up every time, it reads 370 miles per fill, stable.

did you check with your dealer since it's still in warranty.

OP
OP

SF94122

First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda civic touring 2018
still haven't taken it to the dealer yet. I was waiting until i did my first oil change. I still have 30% life left on my oil life so tha'ts why I am waiting.

caspar21

2018 Civic Si
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
idling messes up the range indicator.
same with fuel quality and a host of other things.
don't get to worked up about it. it is very inaccurate.