Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 Tires!

SBD47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R, 2019 Honda CR-V
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 Tires! ABF1E499-1C7F-47BE-88B2-7645C55CD62F
Honda Civic 10th gen Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 Tires! 8E0E92C7-209A-421B-9DAD-A29CF0E81280

I’m having Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 tires installed right now! I’m putting them on my HRE 18s, and I used 245/40R18s. I’ll update the thread with my impressions and mileage.

CincyTypeR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R #0426. 2014 Accord Coupe V6
Country flag
Will be curious how they are. Deciding on these or the P4S. Thinking P4S since probably better in the wet and price. So any insight on how they perform there would be helpful in my decision.

OP
OP
SBD47

SBD47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Will be curious how they are. Deciding on these or the P4S. Thinking P4S since probably better in the wet and price. So any insight on how they perform there would be helpful in my decision.

I wrestled back and forth between the PS4S and the Cup2. The PS4S is awesome and the better all-round tire for most people. I ended up choosing the Cup2 for a couple reasons. The Type R struggles to put power down in 1st & 2nd gear, so I figured that if the Cup2’s were ‘stickier’ than the PS4S’s, and put power down better, the car would be faster. Also, my Type R isn’t my daily driver, so I don’t drive it in adverse weather conditions, where the PS4S out performs it. I plan on running the Cup2 during Summer months only and plan to switch back to my Conti DWS06s in September. I’m hoping to get 2 Summers out of the Cup2’s, 3 would be awesome. I plan to monitor tire pressure and rotate the tires frequently. As far as price goes, in the size I chose, I was able to get the set of Cup2’s for about $150 more than the PS4S’s were going to cost me. So, I decided to take a chance on them, hoping they live up to the hype. If I burn through a set really fast, it was a $950 experiment, and I’ll replace them with the PS4S’s. Stay tuned. While I don’t have a lot of time/miles on them yet, they seem awesome so far!

Last edited:

CincyTypeR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I wrestled back and forth between the PS4S and the Cup2. The PS4S is awesome and the better all-round tire for most people. I ended up choosing the Cup2 for a couple reasons. The Type R struggles to put power down in 1st & 2nd gear, so I figured that if the Cup2 was ‘stickier’ than the PS4S, and put power down better, the car would be faster. Also, my Type R isn’t my daily driver, so I don’t drive it in adverse weather conditions, where the PS4S out performs it. I plan on running the Cup2 during Summer months only and plan to switch back to my Conti DWS06s in September. I’m hoping to get 2 Summers out of the Cup2, 3 would be awesome. I plan to monitor tire pressure and rotate the tires frequently. As far as price goes, in the size I chose, I was able to get the set of Cup2’s for about $150 more than the PS4S’s were going to cost me. So, I decided to take a chance on them, hoping they live up to the hype. If I burn through a set really fast, it was a $950 experiment, and I’ll replace them with the PS4S’s. Stay tuned. While I don’t have a lot of time/miles on them yet, they seem awesome so far!
Looking forward to updates. What part of Ohio are you in?

Since I am going 265/35/18 they are looking like they are $400 price difference for a set.

OP
OP
SBD47

SBD47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Looking forward to updates. What part of Ohio are you in?

Since I am going 265/35/18 they are looking like they are $400 price difference for a set.
Columbus

Vaders CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 CLA 45 AMG & '22 Ariel Atom 4
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have the Sport Cup 2's. I'm waiting on wheels though (265/19's). Should be here at the beginning of June. I'm in the same boat as SBD47. I will have a dedicated track wheel and driving wheels. OEM's will sit in the garage.

I also live in the Columbus Area.

OP
OP
SBD47

SBD47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Initial impressions:

I just got back from a ‘spirited’ drive on the new MPSC2’s. The levels of grip this tire provides is astonishing! +R Mode, Traction Control Fully Off, traction is MUCH improved in first gear and fully hooked up in second. WOT in second gear, TCS Off, no wheel spin! Traction in the corners is what you would expect...Incredible!

I can’t wait for my Hasport 70A Rear Motor Mount to come in! I feel like with my few mods(Lighter wheels, stickier tires, rear motor mount) this car is going to be posting some impressive acceleration runs. I’m actually considering buying a VBOX to log the performance data for this car.

The performance of the tire is outstanding, which should come as no big surprise to anyone. The real question is what the lifespan of the tires will be. Time will tell, but for right now, I’m loving them!

CincyTypeR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
With both of you being in the area and having the Sport Cup 2's make me want to go that route.

hawk02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Initial impressions:

I just got back from a ‘spirited’ drive on the new MPSC2’s. The levels of grip this tire provides is astonishing! +R Mode, Traction Control Fully Off, traction is MUCH improved in first gear and fully hooked up in second. WOT in second gear, TCS Off, no wheel spin! Traction in the corners is what you would expect...Incredible!

I can’t wait for my Hasport 70A Rear Motor Mount to come in! I feel like with my few mods(Lighter wheels, stickier tires, rear motor mount) this car is going to be posting some impressive acceleration runs. I’m actually considering buying a VBOX to log the performance data for this car.

The performance of the tire is outstanding, which should come as no big surprise to anyone. The real question is what the lifespan of the tires will be. Time will tell, but for right now, I’m loving them!
Depending how you drive it will be between 4000 and 6000 miles max.......

Vaders CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 CLA 45 AMG & '22 Ariel Atom 4
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
From what I read, for pure driving tires and slicks aside, one of the best. Good weather only. When you get maximum grip, longevity is usually the trade off :D

ctrmofo

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 lambo lp550-2, '18 honda ctr cw (r-12321), 14' porsche cayman s, '16 porsche macan s, '13 mini jcw nme stage 1, '15 audi s3 apr stage 2, '15 audi q3, '12 monster 1100 evo, '16 triumph thruxton r, deposited for '19 lambo huracan performante
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
From what I read, for pure driving tires and slicks aside, one of the best. Good weather only. When you get maximum grip, longevity is usually the trade off :D
so all of us on this thread i just found are cbus or central ohio valley. maybe find a day for a small group lunch.

yes the sc2 are excellent but of course won't last much. as you may know i'm on potenza re71r for daily and excellent grip. losing traction around 50-55 mph on wot and boost rolls in either 2nd or 3rd gear...after hondata tune.

will autox with the re71r for rest of this season and see how they fair in life.

OP
OP
SBD47

SBD47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
so all of us on this thread i just found are cbus or central ohio valley. maybe find a day for a small group lunch.

yes the sc2 are excellent but of course won't last much. as you may know i'm on potenza re71r for daily and excellent grip. losing traction around 50-55 mph on wot and boost rolls in either 2nd or 3rd gear...after hondata tune.

will autox with the re71r for rest of this season and see how they fair in life.
I’m in.

ctrmofo

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 lambo lp550-2, '18 honda ctr cw (r-12321), 14' porsche cayman s, '16 porsche macan s, '13 mini jcw nme stage 1, '15 audi s3 apr stage 2, '15 audi q3, '12 monster 1100 evo, '16 triumph thruxton r, deposited for '19 lambo huracan performante
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’m in.
i'd like to get a feel for your new engine mount and you can see and hear the grp turbo back i have.

vader has his cool motec too ;-)

OP
OP
SBD47

SBD47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
i'd like to get a feel for your new engine mount and you can see and hear the grp turbo back i have.

vader has his cool motec too ;-)
I’ve been wanting to hear that GRP exhaust for a while.
Sponsored