@monocivicx IG
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Civic CVT 1.5T
Country flag
The highlighted part in your quote is very interesting to me. I thought the whole powerband there would be gains, including the topend rpm range.
Im pretty sure it's because of my tuner. Because I know people who use the same spec turbo as me in malaysia without loosing power at 5500-6500 rpm. He also had a tune before the final tune where the powerband in 5500-6500 rpm was higher. However, in the end he decided to lower it. According to him, it is to keep the engine safe.
Sponsored

Reactions: Myx

monocivic

@monocivicx IG
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Civic CVT 1.5T
Country flag
Planning on maxing out at 25lbs
Using Ktuner

Install went well

Got afr under control but ran out of time. Going to be tweaking for power next week. Also limiting torque delivery in since I'm still on stock clutch

Hopefully get things sorted next week and on a dyno shortly after
Same boost level as I am doing then! Let me know your results!

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

turbociv910

First Name
taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SGP Civic Type R, Audi Q5
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Bigger wheels doesn't mean higher power.
Being relative to the performance world, if Garrett offers a bigger turbine, the turbo is rated for higher power. Thats the common perception here.

If i designed a bigger wheel thats whats on our cars, yes it could loose power because i dont know about turbine designs.

Anger

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7,RW2,RD1,RD5,RE5,RU1,FK1,FN2,EP3
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Planning on maxing out at 25lbs
Using Ktuner

Install went well

Got afr under control but ran out of time. Going to be tweaking for power next week. Also limiting torque delivery in since I'm still on stock clutch

Hopefully get things sorted next week and on a dyno shortly after
Did the turbo come with all necessary hardware like gasket etc?

86salmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Did the turbo come with all necessary hardware like gasket etc?
Turbo only
Reused stock. Bolted right up with no issues. Shop finished install of turbo and dp in 4 hours

86salmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen MHI 10th Gen Honda Civic Si Bolt On Turbo Upgrade IMG_20200406_124754

Pretty stealthy I think

Only had time to tune for AFR after install. AFR is stoich. Ltft -3 - -1. Going to etune for power during the week. Hope to hit dyno and tweak for power next week.

Down pipe adds more noise than expected.

Hollywoo0220

Customer Service oriented (most of the time) :-)
First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dihatsu Charade, BMW, Various Hondas, Focus ST, and VW GTI
Country flag
The MHI isn’t really an upgrade over the stock.

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Oddwayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19’ Si coupe & 99 ej6
Country flag
Turbo only
Reused stock. Bolted right up with no issues. Shop finished install of turbo and dp in 4 hours
For as much as this one replacement cost no hardware? Does the wastegate atleast come with it

86salmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Hondanickx

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 civic hatch , 2018 civic sedan 1.5T
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hmmm, mine is supposedly an equivalent with the TD03 specs in terms of size.

However my dimensions are:
Compressor wheel inlet: 41mm
Compressor wheel outlet: 51mm
Turbine wheel exducer: 34.9mm
Turbine wheel inducer: 40mm

However, my car is a CVT and non-SI as I live in Asia. So the results were limited but there was an increase in torque and power throughout the rev range except 5500-6500 rpm. I will be looking forward toward the results of your car.

How much boost are you planning to push and what tuning platform are you using?

IMG_20191230_121926.jpg

View attachment 208988
@monocivic How's this turbo holding up ?This is the same turbo as the ones that are sold on ebay under the name MAMBA turbo upgrade td03 for the honda civic 1.5T (001-1557).They have a upgraded trust bearing kit vs the oem mitsubishi .

They also sell the upgraded compressor and turbine wheel as a kit along with the upgraded trust bearings to rebuild a oem turbo.(needs machine work then)

Hollywoo0220

Customer Service oriented (most of the time) :-)
First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dihatsu Charade, BMW, Various Hondas, Focus ST, and VW GTI
Country flag
Uh oh...why isn't it? **Grabs popcorn** This is getting GOOD.
For $1,800 you get a turbo that has almost the same Compressor Inducer, +3mm larger Compressor & Turbine Exducer right?
Well, YES it will breathe better than stock, but to get more power than the stock you need to increase the PSI right?
The TSP Stage 1 (which is a CAN tune) achieves (what they report) 260hp OR 237whp (whichever you prefer to see) on a stock turbo. That is 23psi and at a turbo flow rate of about 14lbs/min.
If you raise the PSI (on the MHI) up to the Max MAP pressure, it would possibly push 16lbs/min. So, with more boost you can achieve a possible 20hp over stock. Apples to Apples.

My intention in saying that the "MHI isn't really an upgrade over stock" is based on the margnal gain one would achieve at the cost of higher PSI.

Now, if perhaps you had a turbo that would produce 25lbs/min @16-17PSI you could manage the torque down and keep the horsepower. That is literally a "cooler" set-up. That's the upgrade, without having to run high pressures.

Hope that paints a clearer picture, no offense intended.

Reactions: Myx
OP
OP
LilToTo17

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
For $1,800 you get a turbo that has almost the same Compressor Inducer, +3mm larger Compressor & Turbine Exducer right?
Well, YES it will breathe better than stock, but to get more power than the stock you need to increase the PSI right?
The TSP Stage 1 (which is a CAN tune) achieves (what they report) 260hp OR 237whp (whichever you prefer to see) on a stock turbo. That is 23psi and at a turbo flow rate of about 14lbs/min.
If you raise the PSI (on the MHI) up to the Max MAP pressure, it would possibly push 16lbs/min. So, with more boost you can achieve a possible 20hp over stock. Apples to Apples.

My intention in saying that the "MHI isn't really an upgrade over stock" is based on the margnal gain one would achieve at the cost of higher PSI.

Now, if perhaps you had a turbo that would produce 25lbs/min @16-17PSI you could manage the torque down and keep the horsepower. That is literally a "cooler" set-up. That's the upgrade, without having to run high pressures.

Hope that paints a clearer picture, no offense intended.
Well you can't use the MHI upgraded turbo with TSP Stage 1 anyways. Also TSP Stage 2 on stock turbo makes around 270whp give or take a few, So I'd say this turbo could potentially give you at least 20whp or a little more out of it. Or pair the MHI with W1 Turbo Inlet and could run more efficient too.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.