RLegionSi

First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red 2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Friendly run against my buddies STI. You can def see how his top end shines against ours. Si just falls right on its face. Closest run we had all night! Can’t wait to go flex fuel and possibly bigger turbo!

2018 Civic Si mods
- intake
- TSP Stage 1 tune
*butt dyno: 235hp*

2008 Subaru STI mods
- stage 2 tune/Cobb Accessport
- catted DP
- catback exhaust
- intake
*butt dyno: 285-290hp*
I’m sure I’m forgetting some mods

*sorry for quality of video*

a few months later, pt2 of this race is out!
This time, my Si is on an E35 blend and TSP Stage 2 tune ! MOOORE POWAAHH! I manage to pull away 2-3 races out of maybe 7-8! Can’t win them all but that’s not the point! Point of this is to have fun and enjoy it w fellow car enthusiasts.

His top end is certainly 10x times better then ours especially w tune like his. Props to my brother for his build!

Follow us on IG:
@goodkindofsti
@raul.gioo

I have been having a shit load of fun on this tune! *too much that i might may need a clutch soon* *knock on wood*
if you are unsure whether to buy this tune or not, do it if you don’t want to pay for a custom tune just yet. You will need a clutch if you WOT regularly though.

Enjoy this video of this little 1.5T putting in work against an STI !

*sorry for quality of video*

Sponsored

Honda_RacerX

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
Did you enjoy mexico? I hear the tacos are really good around this time of the year.

And im glad you got the 1 up on that gti in the 2nd video. Those cars are too big looking.

A2typeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si sedan (TSP stage 1) 2016 Mazda Miata Club (Brembo BBS pack)
Country flag
What did the STi have 3 300 pound college lineman as passengers?

OP
OP
RLegionSi

RLegionSi

First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red 2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Haha that’s funny because my buddy is on the opposite side of the spectrum coming in at a mere 120lbs! i just happen to catch him sleeping. He used to gap me but now its a diff story

TornadoredGen3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Legacy-T, Jetta Tsi, SI,A5
Country flag
that wrx deff needs to be a gear lower.. lmao. in both videos he doesn't seem to know the powerband or tq curve if his car

NoKz

Speed Limit Tester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si Coupe (Sold 12/2021)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've taken down quite a few STI's with zero passengers and average weight drivers. Their reaction is usually the same as the guys in the STI. :rofl:

A2typeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I've taken down quite a few STI's with zero passengers and average weight drivers. Their reaction is usually the same as the guys in the STI. :rofl:
You might be able from a roll but not a dig, unless the driver sucks, AWD has its advantages which I miss all the time except the fuel pump and twistys...

But I haven’t been to Mexico in a few years...

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Get yourself an upgraded intercooler and an aftermarket down pipe (Ex: PRL). Especially the intercooler with the TSP tune. Your car will love you for it.

OP
OP
RLegionSi

RLegionSi

First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red 2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Get yourself an upgraded intercooler and an aftermarket down pipe (Ex: PRL). Especially the intercooler with the TSP tune. Your car will love you for it.
Intercooler is next! I have PRL Catted DP installed. I was going to install FP @ the same time as DP but rubber hanger did not want to come off. I’ll be FBO after that. Then clutch is next!

OP
OP
RLegionSi

RLegionSi

First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red 2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
From a dig, they would probably take us down but I’ve taken down a few from a roll tbh. Last night, had a blast @ a local Sheetz meet-up. Ran against a 370Z Nismo and boy were we neck and neck, bumper to bumper you name it. Both of us hit 6th gear but we ran out of road so we didn’t get to see who’s top end would ultimately be on top!

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Intercooler is next! I have PRL Catted DP installed. I was going to install FP @ the same time as DP but rubber hanger did not want to come off. I’ll be FBO after that. Then clutch is next!

If you want to save yourself money, forget the front pipe on back. Tested this several times over the past 2yrs. No difference in 1/4 mile time or trap speed (no extra power). Unless u upgrading your turbo in the future.

OP
OP
RLegionSi

RLegionSi

First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red 2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
If you want to save yourself money, forget the front pipe on back. Tested this several times over the past 2yrs. No difference in 1/4 mile time or trap speed (no extra power). Unless u upgrading your turbo in the future.
Oh really? Is it more just for sound then? I’m in the midst of debating whether i want to go with PRLs Big Turbo kit or 27Won drop in turbo. I like the idea of the drop in because it looks stock and my goal is for my car to look like a sleeper but with power. But i am looking to make a certain number on the dyno and bigger turbo can get me there. But we shall see what the future decide to hold for me

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Oh really? Is it more just for sound then? I’m in the midst of debating whether i want to go with PRLs Big Turbo kit or 27Won drop in turbo. I like the idea of the drop in because it looks stock and my goal is for my car to look like a sleeper but with power. But i am looking to make a certain number on the dyno and bigger turbo can get me there. But we shall see what the future decide to hold for me
I just read again that you have an Si. For the base model, the stock turbo simply doesn't flow enough to take advantage of the larger aftermarket exhaust piping. The Si, with it's less exhaust blades on the turbo hot side, may work slightly different. Maybe! But folks on here say the same thing for the base turbo as well as the Si. I know the bigger front pipe and exhaust back to the muffler on a base model does nothing, when you are already running a Ktuner basemap or TSP stage 1 tune.

A2typeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
From a dig, they would probably take us down but I’ve taken down a few from a roll tbh. Last night, had a blast @ a local Sheetz meet-up. Ran against a 370Z Nismo and boy were we neck and neck, bumper to bumper you name it. Both of us hit 6th gear but we ran out of road so we didn’t get to see who’s top end would ultimately be on top!
Ah you must live in Mexico from all these events you do.
Sponsored