Metallic vibration sound during low speed turns

Random

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R - Blue
Country flag
Not sure if this is an actual issue. Lately, I've been noticing that as i turn right into my driveway, i hear this metallic sound either like the sound of springs vibrating or maybe metallic plate vibrating from the front right wheel area. It's not a loud sound or anything and can be more on the quiet side if you don't actually pay attention, you might miss it.

Did anyone else experience this? If so, what was the cause of it and what was the solution?

And thanks in advance!
Sponsored

redwing497

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Honda S2000, 2019 CW CTR
Country flag
This happens to me periodically and I've chalked it up to small rock stuck between the rotor and dust shield. One morning while parking my car to go to work, that exact type of sound happened, and it was loud. I stressed the whole day about it. When I got back to the car, I started driving and there was continuous (and loud) clanging that sounded exactly like a pebble bouncing around. After a few turns, it flung itself loose and the sound went away.

It's probably the OEM tires on this car. It sucks up rock like no car I've ever owned.

OP
OP
Random

Random

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R - Blue
Country flag
Hopefully, it is just a pebble then. I can't replicate it as well. The only times I notice this is when I'm going up my driveway. Otherwise, I haven't heard the sound in any other situations so far.

CTtypeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
I have gotten this sound about a dozen times in 1700 miles. I think it's rocks, but I'll be keeping an eye on it. It's definitely not the same sound I get when a rock is trapped and I'm braking. Its a much clunkier noise. They just started street sweeping. If it goes away when they clean up the roads then I assume I have my answer.

CTtypeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Not sure if this is an actual issue. Lately, I've been noticing that as i turn right into my driveway, i hear this metallic sound either like the sound of springs vibrating or maybe metallic plate vibrating from the front right wheel area. It's not a loud sound or anything and can be more on the quiet side if you don't actually pay attention, you might miss it.

Did anyone else experience this? If so, what was the cause of it and what was the solution?

And thanks in advance!
Do you only get it when you turn right? Because that's the only time I've heard it as well.

OP
OP
Random

Random

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R - Blue
Country flag
Do you only get it when you turn right? Because that's the only time I've heard it as well.
I haven't had it on a left turn just because it only happens when i pull into my driveway and I always pull into my driveway turning right.

koochieman

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Civic Sedan, 2018 Black CTR
Country flag
Also experienced the same thing, took my car into the Stevens Creek dealership last week as the sound was just super loud and made me worried as hell. Long story short they just said the same "song and dance" regarding a rock in between dust shield (which is better than you have XYZ problem) scary part is that it happened less than a week after when heading to work. If your local, stay away from El Camino from about Lawrence to Scott blvd that shit is so dam gravely.

Marfoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Same thing here: pebble. I've head them take the wheel off and pull a pebble out twice now.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sonic Grey Pearl Civic Type R #22036
Country flag
I had a similar sound (more like a gurgling/rattling) when turning right. Made a slow 180 degree turn into a parking lot and the sound got worse and the check engine light came on. Took it to the dealership and they said the oil pump had a loose bolt in it. It was causing the engine to drop oil pressure while turning right. Replaced it, and the sound is gone now.

CTtypeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
I had a similar sound (more like a gurgling/rattling) when turning right. Made a slow 180 degree turn into a parking lot and the sound got worse and the check engine light came on. Took it to the dealership and they said the oil pump had a loose bolt in it. It was causing the engine to drop oil pressure while turning right. Replaced it, and the sound is gone now.
interesting.

it seems like these cars were assembled like crap. it's amazing how many minor issues there are that could be major ones if not caught early. on brand new cars.

OP
OP
Random

Random

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R - Blue
Country flag
Got the noise again yesterday except this time was louder and seemed to stretch out a few seconds longer than usual. I'm still assuming it pebbles between the dust shield. Does it make a difference besides the sound if I just leave the pebbles in there? No harm right? I just can't imagine always pulling pebbles out when this happens.

koochieman

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Civic Sedan, 2018 Black CTR
Country flag
Got the noise again yesterday except this time was louder and seemed to stretch out a few seconds longer than usual. I'm still assuming it pebbles between the dust shield. Does it make a difference besides the sound if I just leave the pebbles in there? No harm right? I just can't imagine always pulling pebbles out when this happens.
keep us posted if the noise isn't going away. Read somewhere here that the wheel design just picks up tons of rocks..

CTtypeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
keep us posted if the noise isn't going away. Read somewhere here that the wheel design just picks up tons of rocks..
I'm pretty sure 99% of the sounds are rocks and debris. They just pulled a two foot long stick out of my suspension. I took the wheel off my car tonight and there was multiple handfuls of rocks sitting inside the fender in the splash shield.

Honda Civic 10th gen Metallic vibration sound during low speed turns upload_2019-4-25_19-11-23

Yes, the tires picked this up and it got shoved into the suspension.
Sponsored