Metallic Sound When Turning

Estoril4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hatchback Sport Mt, 2017 Toyota 4runner XP, 2014 Audi S4, 2017 CBP Type R
Country flag
Cant seem to find a thread exactly matching this one. I'm getting a high pitched metallic rotational noise when turning full lock left such as in a culdesac, seems to be coming from the front left wheel well. Dont notice it when turning right and dealership said they couldnt find any problems and thought it was my rear brake pads but it happens even without braking.

R's lowered on eibachs, stock wheels. 13k miles, thoughts? Wheel bearing? Doesnt make sense to me the dealer wouldn't have been able to figure that out
Sponsored

JayDiem

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK8, 2007 Ram 1500, 2000 CRV
Country flag
Check your brakes. There are other threads like yours and 2/2 that I've seen so far it has been little pebbles lodged against the rotor or heat shield. I had the same issue and never spotted a pebble but it went away when I was in there poking around. Hope this helps but seems like the dealer would have found that... Anyway heres a pic from one of the other threads.

Honda Civic 10th gen Metallic Sound When Turning 20180629_221846-

Last edited:
OP
OP
Estoril4

Estoril4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Check your brakes. There are other threads like yours and 2/2 that I've seen so far it has been little pebbles lodged against the rotor or heat shield. I had the same issue and never spotted a pebble but it went away when I was in there poking around. Hope this helps but seems like the dealer would have found that... Anyway heres a pic from one of the other threads.

20180629_221846-jpg.jpg
Yeah I'll poke around when I get back to it. I was a little at a loss that they had no input on it

Judo

First Name
Judd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50S
Country flag
I had the rock issue today. Good thing my wheel gun was charged up. Pushed on the disc cover and the rock just fell out.

I thought it was connected to the PRL Stage 1 I installed :( All good again. :thumbsup:

Marfoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Definitely check for debris, had this happen to me as well. Nothing to be too alarmed about but it can get annoying.

OP
OP
Estoril4

Estoril4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Strangely enough I couldn't find anything in the corner I expected but I'll check the other corners too. All else fails the wheels come off this week for a new set so we'll see for sure then

LuckyTypeROwner18

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just happened to me! I live in the PNW and my city decided to throw down rocks and pebbles to help with traction for our very limited snow/ice days. And although I appreciate it more then salt/de-icer I hate driving due to the rocks flying all over the wheel well and for this very instance:

I used my phone camera with the light to scope out the space between the brake dust shield and rotor and found this gem...fyi, before you jack up the car and take off the wheel, just try and lightly press back on the dust shield and hopefully the rock/pebble will just dislodge itself:

Honda Civic 10th gen Metallic Sound When Turning IMG_7232.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Metallic Sound When Turning IMG_7235.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Metallic Sound When Turning IMG_7246.PNG

Honda Civic 10th gen Metallic Sound When Turning IMG_7247.PNG

civic5x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Type R, '16 Civic Sedan Touring, 2016 Land Rover LR4
Country flag
My metallic noise when turning was my CTR was out of alignment a tiny bit, after 1250 miles. After a realignment it has been fine (knock on wood).
Sponsored