puppers

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Aegean Blue Type R
Country flag
Noise comes from inside of the actuator, possibly from where the rod is mounted on the inside.
It would be best if an actuator could be opened up to see how it operates internally.

Screenshot_20180731-220650_Gallery.jpg
Gotcha. Suspect it to the be actual rod that pulls the WG open then. That's unfortunate. I have 255 miles on my car, but am used to this sort of noise so it doesn't bother me lol.
Sponsored

00typer1071

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 WRX STI
Country flag
I found a drawing of how an electronic wastegate looks on the inside. It would appear that the issue is on the part which moves the rod.
I'm wondering if the actuator rod is misalligned hence the noise?
My car and many others didn't srart making a noise until certain mileage was put on the car.
Also, some cars don't make the noise refardless of their mileage..... :/

Honda Civic 10th gen Metallic sound when decelerating 20180801_094516

calisupra2nr

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM CTR
Country flag
I definitely have this going on with my 2018 CTR, 16606. I have had it for going on 2 weeks and it was immediately noticeable. What is the std operating procedure for addressing this? I don't trust just going into the dealer and saying "hey there is this noise, can you fix it?" because they inevitably come back with "Ah, well, we don't hear anything out of the norm, have a good one!"

00typer1071

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 WRX STI
Country flag
I definitely have this going on with my 2018 CTR, 16606. I have had it for going on 2 weeks and it was immediately noticeable. What is the std operating procedure for addressing this? I don't trust just going into the dealer and saying "hey there is this noise, can you fix it?" because they inevitably come back with "Ah, well, we don't hear anything out of the norm, have a good one!"
The problem is that there is no standard procedure. Honda is playing stupid and they make the techs tell us that this is normal!!

RacingManiac

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW GTI, 2018 ABM CTR R-17001
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Tried to figure out how to tighten the nut in the C-bracket at the end of the actuator rod, doesn't seem like I have any tool that'll fit....

amcdonal86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord Sport 1.5T 6M
Tried to figure out how to tighten the nut in the C-bracket at the end of the actuator rod, doesn't seem like I have any tool that'll fit....
I thought a 10mm wrench should work based on what others have said? You Civic guys are lucky because you can access it without removing the heatshield. The Accords have a big heatshield blocking access!

amcdonal86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord Sport 1.5T 6M
Same noise, same dealership response on my 2018.
I guess what I'm trying to figure out is, is this a NORMAL noise? Are ALL 1.5Ts (and 2.0Ts) making this noise? If it truly is on every single car, then I wonder if it's worth it to keep fighting.

00typer1071

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 WRX STI
Country flag
I guess what I'm trying to figure out is, is this a NORMAL noise? Are ALL 1.5Ts (and 2.0Ts) making this noise? If it truly is on every single car, then I wonder if it's worth it to keep fighting.
There is nothing normal about that noise.
Let's say Honda starts selling cars and all of the will blow a head gasket at 2k miles so would that be normal since all cars would do that? No!

Honda put a shit part in our cars and they need to fix it and I'm sure they will eventually but it will take a while! Unfortunately 95% of people will take "normal" as an answer.

amcdonal86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord Sport 1.5T 6M
The sad thing is most Accord owners are not enthusiasts, and even if they had the manual-variant, many of them would never rev it up past 2500 rpm or even be able to hear any of these sounds. I am apparently the ONLY one on the Accord forums who has reported this noise, yet I see a ton of people on the Civic forums who have this issue!

RacingManiac

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW GTI, 2018 ABM CTR R-17001
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
TBH I would never hear the noise if I don't drive with windows down. But its definitely there...

00typer1071

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 WRX STI
Country flag
TBH I would never hear the noise if I don't drive with windows down. But its definitely there...
Yeap, I could only hear it with my windows down and it made me miserable! What the hell is Honda thinking? They know that the noise is there but they won't do anything about it? Wtf Honda?
Sponsored