Ryden1315

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
Ok so took a look at that arm that everyone is tightening and before you do so ... When my car is off it is loose. But once I start my car it isn't that loose anymore I don't think that's my issue. Please check before tightening in case it causes damage from being too tight
Sponsored

00typer1071

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 WRX STI
Country flag
Ok so took a look at that arm that everyone is tightening and before you do so ... When my car is off it is loose. But once I start my car it isn't that loose anymore I don't think that's my issue. Please check before tightening in case it causes damage from being too tight
Noise which you hear while driving comes from inside the actuator. I guess it is possi le that it is the arm making the noise but it is on the inside... and yes the outside part is not lose when you stsrt the car but perhaps the end of it inside the actuator is still lose?
I sold my car as I have no time to deal with idiot dealer Techs. I will get another one in 2-3 years when they work out all the issues.

Ryden1315

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
Noise which you hear while driving comes from inside the actuator. I guess it is possi le that it is the arm making the noise but it is on the inside... and yes the outside part is not lose when you stsrt the car but perhaps the end of it inside the actuator is still lose?
I sold my car as I have no time to deal with idiot dealer Techs. I will get another one in 2-3 years when they work out all the issues.
Lol what ? You sold you car for that ? I still love my R lol

00typer1071

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 WRX STI
Country flag
Lol what ? You sold you car for that ? I still love my R lol
2nd gear started to grind pretty much right away plus that noise drove me crazy.
No biggie, I sold it for more than I paid. ;)
.....and I do want to get another one once all issues are worked out. I'm at the stage in my life where I absolutely have no time to deal with bs car issues.

Last edited:

Zeonxo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Type-R
Country flag
I am hearing a similar noise also. Sounds like metal being dragged across the ground. So anyone got it resolved?

OP
OP

GlNib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW CTR, 2013 Civic Si
Country flag
I am hearing a similar noise also. Sounds like metal being dragged across the ground. So anyone got it resolved?
At this point, I think some people have tried tightening the arm and that has solved the issue?

amcdonal86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord Sport 1.5T 6M
First post here--I have a 1.5T Accord Sport 6M with the same exact noises. It definitely appears to be coming from that loose bracket.

I have gone back to the dealer 6 times and they replaced the turbo and the noise is still there. That tells me that either I have a problem with a motor or transmission mount causing excessive vibration, or this piece needs to be tightened up.

Honda Civic 10th gen Metallic sound when decelerating attachment

00typer1071

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 WRX STI
Country flag
First post here--I have a 1.5T Accord Sport 6M with the same exact noises. It definitely appears to be coming from that loose bracket.

I have gone back to the dealer 6 times and they replaced the turbo and the noise is still there. That tells me that either I have a problem with a motor or transmission mount causing excessive vibration, or this piece needs to be tightened up.
I think the biggest problem is that Honda Technicians have no clue about how those Turbos work.
Start the car and and you will not be able to wiggle the lever! It tightens up when the car is running. The noise you hear while driving comes feom the same lever but on the inside of the wastegate actuator.
He part is probably crap, that's all. I got tired of dealing with idiots at Honda hence I sold the car.

I mean come on, the car has been out for over a year and they can't figure out what's wrong?

amcdonal86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord Sport 1.5T 6M
At this point, this engine has been out for 3 model years. I don't get it either. I will try wiggling it when the car is running. I'm afraid to put my finger there while the engine is revved, though. I suspect it may loosen again when getting off the gas (and rpm's are decreasing).

But the main confusing thing to me is I've had the turbo replaced, which included the wastegate. Given that the wastegate and the turbo come as a single unit on this car, and play is set from the factory, shouldn't every Accord, Civic and CRV have the same exact noise?

00typer1071

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 WRX STI
Country flag
At this point, this engine has been out for 3 model years. I don't get it either. I will try wiggling it when the car is running. I'm afraid to put my finger there while the engine is revved, though. I suspect it may loosen again when getting off the gas (and rpm's are decreasing).
The lever is tight when the car runs.

You can only truly test it withe wheels spinning on a rack. We used a stethoscope while running the car on the rack. My dealer told me that the sound is normal. Idiot.

That noise is annoying as hell.....

OP
OP

GlNib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW CTR, 2013 Civic Si
Country flag
I've taken the car to a different dealership to check. They had the car for a week. Used up all my gas and left me with 13miles of distance left. Said this is normal for these cars...

00typer1071

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 WRX STI
Country flag
I've taken the car to a different dealership to check. They had the car for a week. Used up all my gas and left me with 13miles of distance left. Said this is normal for these cars...
Let's face it. They are all idiots who have no clue about whay they are doing... I bet they didn't even run the car on the rack, just assumed that it is a normal sound without determining where it's coming from....

amcdonal86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord Sport 1.5T 6M
Not saying you're wrong--what makes you think the noise is coming from the wastegate valve inside the turbo?

If that were the case, I'd expect tightening that nut on the linkage arm to make things worse, since it would cause even more jingling on the inside due to a more rigid connection.

00typer1071

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 WRX STI
Country flag
Noo
Not saying you're wrong--what makes you think the noise is coming from the wastegate valve inside the turbo?

If that were the case, I'd expect tightening that nut on the linkage arm to make things worse, since it would cause even more jingling on the inside due to a more rigid connection.
Noise comes from inside the wastegate actuator. We diagnosed it with a stethoscope while the car was running on a rack (car was running in a gear and wheels were spinning).

amcdonal86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord Sport 1.5T 6M
Noo

Noise comes from inside the wastegate actuator. We diagnosed it with a stethoscope while the car was running on a rack (car was running in a gear and wheels were spinning).
Seems like this is correct. As an experiment, with the car cold, I tried dabbing a big wad of grease on this loose bracket to see if it would affect/reduce the jingling noises at all. It had zero effect (the car was cold so the grease wouldn't have melted off immediately). That leads me to believe that the noise really is coming from inside the turbo.

Unfortunately with the Accord, there is a heat shield on top of the turbo preventing you from really accessing it and putting a stethoscope on it without disassembling the intake and removing the heat shield. Probably more than the dealer is wanting to do.
Sponsored