Mesh grill finally installed

WOPcivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Hey, I saw in your other thread that you ordered a hatch emblem base and emblem for your mesh grille. The one I'm looking at buying also doesn't come with the emblem base, nor does my civic have a removable emblem base either. What modifying did you have to do with the new emblem base before it would fit that mesh grille?

OP
OP

Ocelot

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 EX-T sedan, '12 LX sedan
Country flag
Hey, I saw in your other thread that you ordered a hatch emblem base and emblem for your mesh grille. The one I'm looking at buying also doesn't come with the emblem base, nor does my civic have a removable emblem base either. What modifying did you have to do with the new emblem base before it would fit that mesh grille?
I had to buy a new emblem (because I didn’t want to risk wrecking my original trying to remove it) and an emblem base from a 2017 SI. I trimmed the base with a scissors (it’s very soft) and sanded the cuts smooth on a disk sander, used 3M UHB tape to fasten the trimmed base to the front of the new grill it wouldn’t fit from behind and also to fasten the emblem to the base.
I’d highly recommend buying the ProCivic grill rather than the eBay one I bought. Mine has the big hole where the emblem was supposed to go, it left me having to guess at what would fit properly

WOPcivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
I had to buy a new emblem (because I didn’t want to risk wrecking my original trying to remove it) and an emblem base from a 2017 SI. I trimmed the base with a scissors (it’s very soft) and sanded the cuts smooth on a disk sander, used 3M UHB tape to fasten the trimmed base to the front of the new grill it wouldn’t fit from behind and also to fasten the emblem to the base.
I’d highly recommend buying the ProCivic grill rather than the eBay one I bought. Mine has the big hole where the emblem was supposed to go, it left me having to guess at what would fit properly
Damn, that sounds like quite a hassle. I thought the emblem base would be almost a direct fit, but this is disappointing to hear. Thanks for sharing what you did, I'll look into the procivic grille!

OP
OP

Ocelot

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 EX-T sedan, '12 LX sedan
Country flag
Damn, that sounds like quite a hassle. I thought the emblem base would be almost a direct fit, but this is disappointing to hear. Thanks for sharing what you did, I'll look into the procivic grille!
you may run into the same problem with the ProCivic product, some of their photos show the same grill that I got.I'd still choose them over ebay next if just for the service
Sponsored