Meguiars leather wipes left greasy streaks all over my car, how can I fix this?

sillyrabbit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Country flag
Meguiars wipes did this to my car seats:

https://imgur.com/a/UVJEi8O

The wipes were leather cleaning and conditioning wipes, and they said to wipe and then leave it. I left it for two days and this is what it looks like now.

How can I fix this???
Sponsored

shogun168

First Name
Edwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Hatchback (2018)
Country flag
I made the same mistake. I used a regular cloth and just kept wiping till I got all the greasiness out. Haven't cleaned the leather since...

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag

civicdabest-foo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic x 1.5L turbo CVT
Country flag
I have grey leather in my Canadian OWP Touring. I use a lint free cloth and warm distilled water (not tap water) to wipe the leather clean. And an ostrich feather duster to swipe off dust if there is any.

I know from experience using these wipes that wherever the solvent on these wipes touches the leather, the leather changes shade and it looks terrible. You either have to get all the leather cleaned using that solvent so it looks uniform or get the solvent off so it looks like it was before you used the wipe. I have temporarily wrecked BMW leather with these ArmorAll and Meguiar's wipes.

As someone who cleans his Touring every week, I suggest not using these wipes. Granted, ArmorAll and Meguiars make other excellent stuff.

calijoefornia

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-L in Lunar Silver Metallic
Country flag
Another quick option that can be applied everywhere in your car is chemical guys nonsense cleaner. Great stuff and cheap to boot!

GoodBytes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 EX
Country flag
I hate these leather (and same for plastic) "protector", they make everything greasy and shiny.
I would avoid them at all cost. Use cleaners when needed, instead. (beside on modern "mainstream" cars, the leather is not real one to my knowledge).

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I used them the first time last week. Got them on sale for Amazon Prime day. Using just the wipes is not good. As you said, everything is greasy and streaky. I followed what the package said and followed up by buffing everything with a microfiber cloth and am much happier with the result on my black leather. Probably won't buy them again but I'll finish up the pack using that method.
Sponsored