saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
just picked up meguiars headlight coating. Has anyone used this before? Does it work ? I saw that Scotty guy on you tube he said it worked. any thoughts :dunno:
Sponsored

alias Igme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Romeo 156, Honda Civic (1.5t hatchback)
Country flag
I have not tried this headlight coating yet.

But one of Meguire's newer product - hybrid ceramic wax claims that they can be used with everything in the exterior (panels, trims, plastics, glass, rims). I just recently tried it so I can't comment yet on its durability (and to be honest, I would not know how to tell it is still the hcw or already at the ceramic coat)

But it is more practical for me since I just ask the car wash station to apply one product throughout the car (including glass, trims, etc).

No, I am not affiliated with Meguire's :) It's just I was recently looking for a ceramic topper and this had some good reviews.

Last edited:

Superfly

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R / 2018 Civic Si Sedan / 2018 Civic Si Coupe / 2018 Acccord 2.0 Touring / 2001 S2000
Country flag
The meguiars hybrid ceramic wax spray is trash. Stick with car pro hydro2 or hydrolite ftw. Trust me I tried it on 6 different cars. Inferior product!

alias Igme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The meguiars hybrid ceramic wax spray is trash. Stick with car pro hydro2 or hydrolite ftw. Trust me I tried it on 6 different cars. Inferior product!
Thanks! - will keep that in mind on my next purchase. Not sure how easy it would be to find them here though.

Edit: I just watched some reviews and the hydro2 seems good. Now, I'll have to search if it can be bought locally here ....
I also realized that the CQuartz shows in carpro's FB - I used it and reload before.

Last edited:

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag
Personally I haven't used it but I will be applying SunTek (Xpel, Lamin-x, etc.) to the headlights after my retrofit. This will keep them protected both from chips and also from UV damage. Otherwise applying a ceramic coating (or sealant/wax a few times per year) is second best IMO.

Superfly

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R / 2018 Civic Si Sedan / 2018 Civic Si Coupe / 2018 Acccord 2.0 Touring / 2001 S2000
Country flag
Thanks! - will keep that in mind on my next purchase. Not sure how easy it would be to find them here though.

Edit: I just watched some reviews and the hydro2 seems good. Now, I'll have to search if it can be bought locally here ....
I also realized that the CQuartz shows in carpro's FB - I used it and reload before.
Amazon can hook you up with hydro2 quick! I’ve tried almost everything on the market, the BEST spray on rinse off is Car Pro Hydro2/Hydrolite!

jakdotdot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI
Country flag
Hydro2 is pretty good for what it is. It doesn't provide quite the shine of a proper wax/sealant, but it takes a faction of the effort to apply it. Kind of pricey though.

OP
OP
saz468

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
Looks like the car pro products is the way to go from most of the posts .did order the cquartz ceramic coating Now have to find time to use it thanks for the suggestions

alias Igme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Amazon can hook you up with hydro2 quick! I’ve tried almost everything on the market, the BEST spray on rinse off is Car Pro Hydro2/Hydrolite!
Unfortunately, I am in Thailand. Last time I got the CQuartz and Reload, I had to align it with a family member's travel plan to US. Quick google search shows that there seems to be a Car Pro Thailand now, but I did not see the Hydro2 yet (maybe I need to look more). I guess I still have time since I do want to finish this hcw first before getting a new one (don't want to waste stuff).

Hydro2 is pretty good for what it is. It doesn't provide quite the shine of a proper wax/sealant, but it takes a faction of the effort to apply it. Kind of pricey though.
Yes, I did not search a lot, but a local seller here is selling around $125 for a litter (none of the 500ml). My biggest concern is how long the product expires after opening, and if it will not expire before I finish the product. I only have 2 cars to use these on.
Sponsored