Kane76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 TL
Poor quality paint is a given with made in North America cars. So is poor quality glass. Made in Japan cars don't have crap paint.
Sorry that this is decades old way of thinking. The North American plants are run according to the same specs required of plants in Japan, Germany, or any other home country of the car company. Some NA plants produce some of the highest quality and most reliable cars in all of a company's global plants.

Problem with orange peel is a production standards issue (how and how much clear coat is applied) that would plague all plants of a company using the same paint process and standards. It's not like one plant within a co. will produce orange peel but another doesn't.
Sponsored

Slickone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Le Car
Country flag
Problem with orange peel is a production standards issue (how and how much clear coat is applied) that would plague all plants of a company using the same paint process and standards. It's not like one plant within a co. will produce orange peel but another doesn't.
That doesn't sound right. For one thing, orange peel can be caused by several different things. And just because two different factories have the same process and standards, doesn't mean everything is set exactly the same at both, or the environment is the same, etc. Those paint machines are originally built, rebuilt, adjusted, etc. by humans.

SandyC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Honda civic EX Sedan
I like the idea of that yellow sidelight above the front wheelwells. What is the purpose of that? It looks good. The real catch is the entire body redesign with a more rounded aerodynamic appearance ending with those beautiful tail lights. I have a 2015 sedan, but I want that 2016 in a coupe. That would be slick. The interior is redesigned into a more slim dashboard which adds to its sportiness.
Is the SI going to still be available or is this model replacing the SI?

10thG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
This is just the standard sedan model. There's definitely going to be a Si model for the 10th gen, but no one knows for sure yet if there'll be both an Si Coupe and Si Sedan like the current generation, or it'll only be an Si Coupe.

Most of us are guessing there'll be both an Si Coupe and Si Sedan again.

OP
OP
tomljc2016

tomljc2016

Honda Exterior Designer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Solara 2004
I like the idea of that yellow sidelight above the front wheelwells. What is the purpose of that? It looks good. The real catch is the entire body redesign with a more rounded aerodynamic appearance ending with those beautiful tail lights. I have a 2015 sedan, but I want that 2016 in a coupe. That would be slick. The interior is redesigned into a more slim dashboard which adds to its sportiness.
The yellow indicator is a side position indicator. It has to be amber, and the existence of it is mandatory for the US market. Asian editions don't have this indicator. I think it looks great on this new Civic thanks to the design team that they've put it on a proper position.

Si version is going to be a separate edition. The ones that are shown in my photos are standard sedans
Sponsored