First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW CTR
Country flag
1 week update:270 miles later.

Brakes: are awesome. Sometimes it squeaks during slow speed light braking but I think it's normal. Best brakes among all the cars I've driven so far.

Mileage: 30 mpg. Although in sixth gear going 45-50mph, I can probably get over 40mpg.

Car care: I've heard of it on reviews but I experienced it in person now. How much of a pain it is to wash, polish and wax with all the lines and nooks and crannies. It took me 2 full hours and I was rushing it.

Driving: gets more amazing every time I drive it. The faster I go, the faster the car wants to go. Different feeling than the wrx.

Looks: more amazing everytime I look at it. I still look in the garage every now and then, just to admire it.

Honda Civic 10th gen Marty's First Impressions of the CTR 20180521_143259

Honda Civic 10th gen Marty's First Impressions of the CTR 20180521_143218

OP
OP
Marty123

Marty123

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW CTR
Country flag
10 days in: made it 400 miles. Then I got too impatient and pulled it in 3rd gear entering the freeway. Accidentally hit the rev limiter, shifted to 4th and continued to pull. I couldn't get enough. I guess I couldn't make it to 600. I'm loving this car more and more!!

It felt like the car is already broken in so I went for it. I drive varying the speed and pedal input all the time. On the freeway, very between 60-80 all the time. I down shift all the time slowing down too. And the car feels really good so I think I'm done with the breaking in phase. Time to have more fun.

Honda Civic 10th gen Marty's First Impressions of the CTR 20180523_201940

First time parking on the street. I was super paranoid about curbing the wheels so I ended up way too far away haha. Oh well.

Last edited:

typemismatch

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A whole farm of Hondas
Country flag
First time parking on the street. I was super paranoid about curbing the wheels so I ended up way too far away haha. Oh well.
I find places to back into so I can use the backup camera to avoid bump and grinds with the wheels and front splitter.

23Red

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 FK8, '06 AP2
Country flag
Lol, same. I think I said to hell with the break in period at around 300 miles.

Yellow Jacket

First Name
Howie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR in PMM, 1000+ HP Dodge Challenger
Country flag
10 days in: made it 400 miles. Then I got too impatient and pulled it in 3rd gear entering the freeway. Accidentally hit the rev limiter, shifted to 4th and continued to pull. I couldn't get enough. I guess I couldn't make it to 600. I'm loving this car more and more!!

It felt like the car is already broken in so I went for it. I drive varying the speed and pedal input all the time. On the freeway, very between 60-80 all the time. I down shift all the time slowing down too. And the car feels really good so I think I'm done with the breaking in phase. Time to have more fun.

20180523_201940.jpg

I find places to back into so I can use the backup camera to avoid bump and grinds with the wheels and front splitter.
That is hilarious, I park exactly the same as you guys. Way too far from the curb, and backing in whenever I can because paranoid of curbing it. One of my other cars is a lifted Ram 2500 on 37" wheels, and I'm fearless with parking that thing, rolling over curbs all over the place. Exact opposite with the CTR!

For the record, I agree with everything about Marty123's review. Spot-on, and this thing is fun to drive however you slice it and whatever platform you're coming from. My other car (besides the Ram 2500) is a 1000+ HP highly-modified Dodge Challenger. It's got a fully forged engine with an 88mm Borg-Warner turbo and runs 9 seconds in the quarter mile, MANUALLY SHIFTED. So I know something about horsepower, and the CTR is still its own special kind of fun!

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have a fear of pulling in because of curbing the rim (or scraping the lip possibly??). These OEM wheels and tires are very fragile, and I already got a bit of curb rash from bonking into a curb at like 2 mph.

So the precautions you’re taking are 100% justified. :thumbsup:

typemismatch

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A whole farm of Hondas
Country flag
That is hilarious, I park exactly the same as you guys. Way too far from the curb, and backing in whenever I can because paranoid of curbing it. One of my other cars is a lifted Ram 2500 on 37" wheels, and I'm fearless with parking that thing, rolling over curbs all over the place. Exact opposite with the CTR!
I do the same with my F-150 ... when I get in that thing all I can think is ... "I drive over shit ..." :rofl:

ez12a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CW Type R
Country flag
Anyone else find the MPG calculator in the dash a little optimistic? I am usually getting 1 mpg under what it states.

typemismatch

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A whole farm of Hondas
Country flag
Anyone else find the MPG calculator in the dash a little optimistic? I am usually getting 1 mpg under what it states.
Yes, no mpg calculator has ever been accurate in real world conditions. If you're only 1 mpg off you're doing good. The average variance I have seen in my experience is 2-3 mpg.

OP
OP
Marty123

Marty123

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW CTR
Country flag
Yes I always get 1-2 mpg below what ever the car calculator calculates, in the wrx too.

TypeRinATL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
Country flag
A lot of guys will tell you that not seating the rings as quickly as possible will cause blow by and other issues down the road.

There are benefits and risks on both sides of the argument.

What it comes down to is what the owner is comfortable with.

Let's be real here, the people that pull them off the ship at the port are raw dogging the hell out of them the instant they get in. So are the people at the dealership doing the PDI.

I followed the break in procedure somewhat, but all the while knowing it has probably seen redline at least a few times already.

typemismatch

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A whole farm of Hondas
Country flag
Let's be real here, the people that pull them off the ship at the port are raw dogging the hell out of them the instant they get in. So are the people at the dealership doing the PDI.

I followed the break in procedure somewhat, but all the while knowing it has probably seen redline at least a few times already.
I don't disagree.

TypeRinATL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
Country flag
I don't disagree.
It's a sad truth. I'd honestly pay extra for a vehicle that I KNEW had been left pristine from the factory. I'm talking gingerly driven off the boat, all plastic protection left on, etc.

That stuff is added value for me so I'd pay a premium.

But, on the flip side of that it's just a car and it's meant to be used. I should just try to enjoy it and not care so much about the small stuff.

typemismatch

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A whole farm of Hondas
Country flag
It's a sad truth. I'd honestly pay extra for a vehicle that I KNEW had been left pristine from the factory. I'm talking gingerly driven off the boat, all plastic protection left on, etc.

That stuff is added value for me so I'd pay a premium.

But, on the flip side of that it's just a car and it's meant to be used. I should just try to enjoy it and not care so much about the small stuff.
The way I look at it is this ...

They get 10 seconds of fun, I get 10 years of fun. What does it matter in the larger world view?

If they did anything damaging, well, that's why we have warranties.

OP
OP
Marty123

Marty123

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW CTR
Country flag
2 week update: 550 miles in!! Having fun everytime I drive it. Gearbox seems more smooth. Brakes sometimes still squeak during slow braking. Averaging 30mpg, mostly freeway. DDing the CTR has been such a pleasure. Car has been awesome in every way possible so far!

White stays way cleaner for way longer than I thought. And since I polished and waxed it pretty well, it cleans up way easier after it gets dusty and dirty. Yes, I'm keeping that blue plastic on until it falls apart lol.

Installed a couple of interior items.

Honda Civic 10th gen Marty's First Impressions of the CTR 20180530_172547

Honda Civic 10th gen Marty's First Impressions of the CTR 20180530_172607

Honda Civic 10th gen Marty's First Impressions of the CTR 20180530_172519

Honda Civic 10th gen Marty's First Impressions of the CTR 20180530_172531