MAPerformance Exhaust Break In question.

TheRealWizzy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe / 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix
Country flag
I installed my MAPreformance Stealth exhaust on my car last night and when I drove it, I was very happy with little drone on the highway and good amount of sound outside the car. I know that exhausts usually break in and get a little louder, but its only been a day and when I drove it today it seemed like it was twice as loud inside the car as yesterday and droned a lot more. Wondering what others have experienced on how much this exhaust breaks in, thinking maybe I something came loose, taking it to a friends shop to put it on the lift this week to get a good look at it, just looking for any info I can get before going there.
Sponsored

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
18 SI, 18 CTR, 22 Si, 23 Integra
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Modern exhaust do not "break in". What you might be thinking of are glasspack style mufflers from companies like Cherry bomb and Thrust. Those types of mufflers are designed with a packing material in them that burn off over time and make the system louder. However, the MAP system you purchased uses ultra quite resonators from Vibrant and those do not have any type of material burn off or break in. The sound you have from the first install is what you will have until the end. Your best bet is to check and see if something came loose or was installed incorrectly.