MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 SI Coupe
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen MAPerformance Downpipe BslhFReT1FS2zsEq96ZrbNOAODQEDCU-wMGC5Ln963U?dl=0&size=1600x1200&size_mode=3

The wait is over!! Product will be live on the website end of the day today or early tomorrow morning, depending on how long it takes.. But we do have multiple options for you guys to choose. Catted and Catless options will be available, with Catted having the option for a standard cat or a GESI high flow cat. You will also have the option for high temp black ceramic coating as well as the option to add factory heat shield provisions! We highly recommend replacement of the turbo to downpipe nuts which we also will be including in the kit!

Also! All MAPerformance fabricated items will carry a limited lifetime warranty as well against any defects in the product!

Honda Civic 10th gen MAPerformance Downpipe DSC_8479_c304baf8-062d-487f-81d3-c5f37320cc1f_grande

Honda Civic 10th gen MAPerformance Downpipe DSC_8462_14fffb99-66f0-4107-a8de-a1af3e22f715_grande

Honda Civic 10th gen MAPerformance Downpipe DSC_8463_ed3c782b-edc1-4b80-af62-62ff21c83c18_grande

Honda Civic 10th gen MAPerformance Downpipe DSC_8466_541958d6-2727-4c69-bce3-fd812441f2fd_grande

Last edited:

MavicTB

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Si Sedan Aegean Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So the OEM heat-shield tabs are an additional cost option? I guess that makes sense.

OP
OP
MAPerformance

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 SI Coupe
Country flag
So the OEM heat-shield tabs are an additional cost option? I guess that makes sense.
It's an option for those people who have to undergo inspections! And if you don't have to we don't want to have random mounting tabs on the downpipe if you don't want/need to use them.

MavicTB

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It's an option for those people who have to undergo inspections! And if you don't have to we don't want to have random mounting tabs on the downpipe if you don't want/need to use them.
Its cool to have the option. its a good looking piece.

luispe7

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
what's the difference in hp between catted and catless?

OP
OP
MAPerformance

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 SI Coupe
Country flag
what's the difference in hp between catted and catless?
I'd have to check with my tuner once he's back in but generally speaking the power difference is 5-10hp

Ghosted

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatch Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hi, is there a before and after dyno graph for 1.5T non -Si?

MavicTB

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Installed my MAPerformance catless downpipe this weekend. I didnt take any pictures but would like to share my experiences. The item came packages in bubble wrap with no damage or flaws. If anyone was wondering.

First is the quality... It is second to none. You can tell quality stainless was used with thick flanges... and the welds are absolutely gorgeous. There is no doubt in my mind that this is the best quality out there.

Second would be fitment... Fitment was perfect also, the flanges are in the right place to retain the OEM stud/nuts to connect to the front pipe and also is perfect for retaining the OEM mounting brackets that bolt into the transmission. All of these were flawless in fitment. Everything just went back in just like the OEM downpipe went out. Icing on the cake was you get to retain the top heat shield which keeps the temps down a bit. Nice touch. Also the heat shield fit perfectly like it did on the OEM downpipe.

Thirdly is the finish... This is what I love about all of MAPerformance's products... They take quality raw stainless steel tube thats bent with no marks and then weld the flanges and bungs into it with the most beautiful welds I have seen. They then leave this untouched... I have seen many other products polished which looks good but hides flaws... leaving it raw shows you that there is no flaws... just quality.

Lastly the sound and performance... As a nice surprise my car is much louder now... I was wanting an exhaust pretty bad before but now I am not as in a hurry... its MUCH louder than stock now but not so loud as to be bothersome (I am in my mid 30s) so loud exhausts are not for me anymore. I also didn't warn the wife and she made no mention of it being louder when I took her for a drive to do errands. In addition to the increased exhaust note you get little pops and burbles at low speeds when you clutch in.
As far as performance goes I didnt dyno so I cant give facts, but it does feel like there is power starting lower in the rpms, turbo seems to come into boost faster. Overall the car is noticeably faster with no other changes at all. Same ktuner 23psi base map.

P.S.
I worked with Matt mostly, and any time I needed to ask a question I would email him and get an answer nearly immediately even when he was on vacation or out of the office. Top notch customer service.

Matthyahuw

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Agean Blue Civic Si Sedan 2016 Omaha Orange Jeep Renegade Trailhawk
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
were you looking to do a full 3" version from turbo to muffler setup with the new exhaust?

MavicTB

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
were you looking to do a full 3" version from turbo to muffler setup with the new exhaust?
I leave the actual answer to MAP, however I can see why companies are hesitant to do a full 3" now that I have actually changed one out. The flange that attaches to the frontpipe has two extra holes/bolt locations to allow for the oem brackets to be connected to it. If you did a 3" those brackets would no longer work and new ones would need to be engineered.

That said a 3" turboback option would be pretty cool for those willing to put up with the sound lol.

OP
OP
MAPerformance

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 SI Coupe
Country flag
So we are retaining the stock flange locations on the system... WHICH to do so, we have to neck some sections down... this doesn't hinder performance potential at the power levels were are at so I don't see it as an issue...BUT for the all out performance guys... we will be offering a full on race turbo back solution.

I leave the actual answer to MAP, however I can see why companies are hesitant to do a full 3" now that I have actually changed one out. The flange that attaches to the frontpipe has two extra holes/bolt locations to allow for the oem brackets to be connected to it. If you did a 3" those brackets would no longer work and new ones would need to be engineered.

That said a 3" turboback option would be pretty cool for those willing to put up with the sound lol.

Daelen@MAP

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Daelen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Does the black ceramic coating help with high temps? I am thinking about buying your turbo back package deal with the new exhaust.
There was a noticeable temp difference of the surrounding components on the Coated vs Non coated. With the current pricing on the GB and package deals I would absolutely take advantage of that.

Zcfc3dc5

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si, 2002 Acura rsx type s, 2011 Nissan Titan
Country flag
Is the catless downpipe in stock? I ordered one on the 14th and still don’t have a tracking number. I ordered your intake on the 2nd but I know that’s on backorder until January unfortunately. I didn’t get an email saying the downpipe is on backorder though.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.